News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
Sudowoodo is becoming a necessary tech in decks. This card continues to make Sudowoodo necessary if it becomes heavily played.

Josh Koehler

Aspiring Trainer
I agree that this card is a useful addition in Zoroark/Drampa as a 1 or 2 of. It sucks we will be losing sky field to rotation this year. I think this would have been an even better addition to Raichu/Lycanroc as a 1-1 or 2-2 line. Draw support and two solid attacks!

Eggrolls13

Aspiring Trainer
But you could use Archie's ace in the hole with empoleon, and you need to physically evolve zorua to zoroark GX.
No you couldn't. Archie's wasn't out back then. And zoroark and vespiquen and Garbodor all need to physically evolve, but they're all tier 1. So I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

OmniPoke

Aspiring Trainer
Think the card is a really good support card in the format. Im not completely sold as an attacker outright whilst we still have Mind Jack in format, but the attacks definitely arent bad for sure!

- Jack

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
Welp, now Raichu's about to be totally outclassed in Expanded.

Errrr...no it isn't.

1. Raichu only gives up one prize when knocked out which is far and away its biggest selling point.
2. Raichu also hits for weakness on the big bad Yveltal which happens to be the main attacker for the current reigning BDIF in expanded.

This might be a card that supplements Raichu decks (though I doubt it), but it definitely isn't going to replace the card.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Almost all of the pokemon in shining legend have been revealed (not their cards) but it seems there will be little to no fighting, metal nor fairy type pokemon in this set. There is only one dragon type pokemon.

A basic fighting pokemon (terrakion? maybe a regular Hawlucha then?) has to occupy the 47 slot or there will be none.
Metal (Cobalion?) and fairy (Xerneas?) can only go slot 56 or 57, there is no more space for them or a stage 2 of those types.

Eggrolls13

Aspiring Trainer
Why are they called "double nugget" decks?
They aren't, this guy's just trying to be funny. The owner of the site translates Double Colorless Energy's effect as "Provides two chicken nuggets" as a joke because everybody already knows what it does.

Tyler Bourcier

TheBurritoCaptain
Interesting, sudowoodo makes riot beat a bit impractical for me at the moment,but i have never been a fan of this attack method to begin with, but the fact it takes pokemon in play and not just benched is nice, just thinking out loud. But that ability is quite good, getting two draw from a one drop seems like the best part, will be nice to feed it up and then have some mid/late game draw support.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I like this card. That's a really good card. The ability is fantastic and it'll definitely be helpful for getting both things into the discard and a better hand. I even like the attacks even if Sky field is going out, its still really good. And that GX attack works well too. I'm going to have some fun playing it if/when I get a chance.

Srmb

Physics, that's what pokemon is all about!
And Trickster-GX is an attack of all Your opponent's attacks. So that's even attacks from benched pokemon, where the normal Only copied the active pokemon's attack

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
I'm so confused as to how the decide what cards go into which regions sets.

I thought English SM3 would get all of the GX's from the Japanese sets but apparantly not?

Apparantly these are the current 9 GX's announced for SM3 in English

Charizard GX
Ho-oh GX
Tapu Fini GX
Golisopod GX
Necrozma GX
Machamp GX
Marshadow GX
Darkrai GX
Zoroark GX?

So the last three are completely random (Seen as Zoroark isn't in the japanese SM3 set?)

I was hoping for Gardevoir this august :(

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Ability for draw is useful, attack not that great after sky field rotates from standard.
Really? The attack is pretty busted. It can two-shot Decidueye and one-shot Garb

I thought English SM3 would get all of the GX's from the Japanese sets but apparantly not?

Charizard GX
Ho-oh GX
Tapu Fini GX
Golisopod GX
Necrozma GX
Machamp GX
Marshadow GX
Darkrai GX
Zoroark GX?

So the last three are completely random (Seen as Zoroark isn't in the japanese SM3 set?)

Garde, Salazzle, Noivern, and A-Muk are in the set. TPCi just hasn’t confirmed them but we can say 100% they are in the set. Zoroark is in Shining Legends in the West

Last edited by a moderator:

taschen88

Aspiring Trainer
Garde, Salazzle, Noivern, and A-Muk are in the set. TPCi just hasn’t confirmed them but we can say 100% they are in the set. Zoroark is in Shining Legends in the West

Hoping Gardevoir-GX makes it to the list of SM3 Burning Shadows in Engrish. Overprinted as it is, there aren't that many Stage 1 or 2 Fairy types, and we just had Sylveon-GX in SM2 Guardians Rising. Personally I wasn't a fan of Florges-EX, I hope it gets a much better GX when they print it out. Togekiss Ancient Trait from AOR was ok... But I don't want a Togekiss GX. And Clefable and Wigglytuff cards have never been useful, esp not as Fairies. :p

As for the other SM3 GX's, looking forward to Darkrai-GX, Marshadow-GX, Zoroark-GX, and Tapu Fini-GX.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Hoping Gardevoir-GX makes it to the list of SM3 Burning Shadows in Engrish. Overprinted as it is, there aren't that many Stage 1 or 2 Fairy types, and we just had Sylveon-GX in SM2 Guardians Rising. Personally I wasn't a fan of Florges-EX, I hope it gets a much better GX when they print it out. Togekiss Ancient Trait from AOR was ok... But I don't want a Togekiss GX. And Clefable and Wigglytuff cards have never been useful, esp not as Fairies. :p

As for the other SM3 GX's, looking forward to Darkrai-GX, Marshadow-GX, Zoroark-GX, and Tapu Fini-GX.
Once again Zoroark isn’t in BUS he’s in Shining Legends -_-

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer

Charizard GX
Ho-oh GX
Tapu Fini GX
Golisopod GX
Necrozma GX
Machamp GX
Marshadow GX
Darkrai GX
Zoroark GX?

Gardevoir is in the Japanese version of Burning Shadows, so it's guaranteed to be in the English version. If you read the title of the Zoroark article carefully, Zoroark GX will be in SM3's expansion pack, not Burning Shadows itself.