News Pokémon Core Title Coming to the Switch in Over a Year!

Master_Z

Zach Carmichael
I think Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon will mark the end of the 3DS era for the core games, which is fine by me. The Switch is far more powerful and has a lot of impressive features they can take advantage of. I'd say November 2018 for generation 8 on Switch, and then the Diamond/Pearl remakes on Switch in 2019 since there appears to be a 5-year pattern with FR/LG, HG/SS, and OR/AS. Just my two cents!

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
Based on past release schedules I think it is a safe bet to say Gen 8 will be coming in fall of next year (barring any "please understand" issues of course). This is almost a year and a half notice, so for you younger readers or anyone really who is concerned about "not having money for a Switch" start saving your pennies now, and no complaining about having to buy a new system. New systems will always come out, it is just a fact of life at this point. You can't be mad at Nintendo about releasing some of their best selling games on them. It has seemed obvious to me that the Switch would be the successor of both the Wii U and 3DS since before it was even revealed. My only concern is having to buy 2 of them since my fiance and I will both want the be playing the game at the same time. That's gonna suck especially since the Switch is $400 in Canada.

that_one_venasaur

Aspiring Trainer
Why aren't people freaking out??? Am I misreading this? It sounds like a true Pokemon RPG will be coming out for a console. Isn't this what people have wanted for a long time? I sure wanted a full RPG title for a console. I'm pumped up for this!

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Remakes have always been 1 generation per console, so I don't see why DP remakes wouldn't be for the Switch (or new handheld system outside the 3DS family).

FRLG: GBA Generation
HGSS: DS Generation
ORAS: 3DS Generation

Looking forward to hearing more about this core series Pokémon game. Not sure if I'll buy the system for it, but we'll see.

Last edited:

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
So late 2018/srping 2019? I honestly can't see this being anything else but gen 8 games. I'm totally ready for this. Then D/P remake can come out in 2019/2020.

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
Aren't Pokemon games normally 5 years apart? It should be be 2020 to 2022 that we get Gen 8

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
They should keep the games for 3ds too i dnt wnna have to buy switch just to play pokemon, should give pple the option of playing on the 3ds or switch.

TheRealBro..

Aren't Pokemon games normally 5 years apart? It should be be 2020 to 2022 that we get Gen 8

Nope, B/W 2011, X/Y 2013, S/M 2016.. It used to be 4/5 years, but now it's more like 2/3 years so it fits the tradition in that sense.. But come on, now I 'm gonna have to buy a switch, just when I decided not to for lack of games. This has to be promising. First time since those Gamecube titles in 2004.

flilix

Aspiring Trainer
They should keep the games for 3ds too i dnt wnna have to buy switch just to play pokemon, should give pple the option of playing on the 3ds or switch.
I assume the 3DS will be pretty much dead by then. Also, the games on the Switch look way better than on the 3DS, so they would have to make two games that look totally different.
They aren't making games for the DS or the Gameboy anymore, so it's only logical that they will also stop making games for 3DS soon.

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
I assume the 3DS will be pretty much dead by then. Also, the games on the Switch look way better than on the 3DS, so they would have to make two games that look totally different.
They aren't making games for the DS or the Gameboy anymore, so it's only logical that they will also stop making games for 3DS soon.

That is unfortunate, idk why they dont want to keep making games for the 3ds, especially when releasing old pokemon games for it. the only vid games i play are pokemon and dnt want to spend 300 dollars just to have the ability to buy a 50 dollar game to play it.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
So my thoughts on this are that I bet they will make a cheaper switch that can only be played portable is is less powerful which will allow families to buy multiple for there kids to accommodate for the high price tag of current switches

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I highly doubt that it'll be like Gale of Darkness. Switch is a console that can be played by 2. The main Pokémon game usually played by 1 person. You can even dismantle the controllers to do the thingie. If the Switch gives us Gen 8/Gen 4 Remakes, Okay, I'll take it. Not all people as of now own a Switch because it's way too expensive.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
So my thoughts on this are that I bet they will make a cheaper switch that can only be played portable is is less powerful which will allow families to buy multiple for there kids to accommodate for the high price tag of current switches
That’s basically the New 2DS it would eliminate the shtick of the Switch, and considering how the Switch is selling Nintendo’s in no rush to make a lower price tag