Discussion Messing Up the Maths on a Sceptile-EX Deck

Jack Saunders

Aspiring Trainer
I was in a league cup finals 3rd game playing a sceptile EX Ariados deck against a yvetalEx and ref yvetal deck and I had 3 prize cards remaining he had two. He had one yvetal full set up and a couple non set up yvetals on his bench. He has 60 damage on him and had a fighting fury belt. I was well set up. On my turn I got lucky and sycamored and got a fighting fury belt. Thinking I had it in the bag, I used ariadoses ability and sceptile's attack... except I did the math wrong and didn't attach fighting fury belt because I wanted to save it just in case another Pokemon needed it. The yvetal survived with 10 health and one shot me..... I had the game in the bag too. Lost a league cup champion playmat and sleeves that said league cup champ.

Last edited:

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
I was in a league cup finals 3rd game playing a sceptile EX Ariados deck against a yvetalEx and ref yvetal deck and I had 3 prize cards remaining he had two. He had one yvetal full set up and a couple non set up yvetals on his bench. He has 70 damage on him and had a fighting fury belt. I was well set up. On my turn I got lucky and sycamored and got a fighting fury belt. Thinking I had it in the bag, I used ariadoses ability and sceptile's attack... except I did the math wrong and didn't attach fighting fury belt because I wanted to save it just in case another Pokemon needed it. The yvetal survived with 10 health and one shot me.... I had the game in the bag too. Lost a league cup champion playmat and sleeves that said league cup champ.

My boyfriend was playing Sceptile EX/Ariados at Madison! (It's my deck, I let him borrow it after we made some modifications). Glad to know someone else it running it!

Jack Saunders

Aspiring Trainer
nice, I'm relatively new to the tcg and it's the first actual good deck I made. Ps: what Pokemon do you run with it? I ran a couple volcaronas and honestly got to the finals with luck. One time got 3 paralyses in a row and got set up and won because of it but I'm looking to make it more consistent.

Last edited:

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
nice, I'm relatively new to the tcg and it's the first actual good deck I made. Ps: what Pokemon do you run with it? I ran a couple volcaronas and honestly got to the finals with luck. One time got 3 paralyses in a row and got set up and won because of it but I'm looking to make it more consistent.

3 Leafeon EX, 3 Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye GX, 2 Spinarak/Ariados, Sceptile EX/M Sceptile EX, Virizion, Lurantis GX. Along with Ariados' Poisonous Nest ability and Sceptile's Unseen Claw combo, Leafeon's Nature's Breath move does more damage when there's a Stadium card in play, plus it'll heal 30 damage from it