News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Slightly more balanced Lysandre I guess. Still, with all the different ways you can switch during your turn (Zoroark, Solgaleo, Switch, Escape Rope, and just Pokemon with free/low retreat costs) it loses the balance. Would've liked to see a more creative approach to Guzma as a supporter because he's not really like Lysandre at all. Maybe something like:

"Attach a Basic Energy card from your discard pile to one of your Pokemon. Then, place 2 damage counters on one of your opponent's Pokemon."

Well, I guess I called it.

Obvious synergy with Golisopod GX is obvious.

I think I like it better than Lysandre from a balance stand point. Heck, it might even be more powerful than Lysandre.

You should have multiple attackers ready to go, so if you want just the Lysandre effect, the downside of having to switch your Pokemon as well isn't too bad. Teching in a free retreater isn't a bad idea just to help cover yourself anyway.

If you want to use it as a switch effect, chances are your opponent has an acceptable secondary target, if not a preferred one.

Will Golisopod be the new Shaymin killer? As previously mentioned, it doesn't hit many numbers but it does hit 110. With a Choice Band and Kukui it nicely hits Tapu Lele too.

Shaymin will be dead a few weeks after Golisopod becomes standard legal, and Weavile from burning shadows absolutely annihilates any decks that depend on having benched pokes with abilities anyways. And you have to consider Lurantis promo as well as cb/kukui.

Kind of annoying to see something like Lysandre back, but I guess VS Seeker will be gone soon as well.

I've been sitting and thinking about this Golisopod GX, especially now that this Guzma has been revealed. There's still a ton of potential, you're going to have a ton of options to get a new Golisopod GX in the active. Acerola will be awesome to allow for an easy refresh on a damaged active, then bringing a new one to the front while getting a new one set up. Escape Rope will be back, Max Potioning a damaged Golisopod would be nothing since its main attraction is only one energy.

Im surprised pokemon took an XY staple and made is less broken, bet they're tryna hide the power creep :p

Kind of annoying to see something like Lysandre back, but I guess VS Seeker will be gone soon as well.

I've been sitting and thinking about this Golisopod GX, especially now that this Guzma has been revealed. There's still a ton of potential, you're going to have a ton of options to get a new Golisopod GX in the active. Acerola will be awesome to allow for an easy refresh on a damaged active, then bringing a new one to the front while getting a new one set up. Escape Rope will be back, Max Potioning a damaged Golisopod would be nothing since its main attraction is only one energy.

Except you can't really play escape rope in a Garbodor centric meta because all you are doing is feeding the beast. Same with Max potion. Maybe you can design a deck that takes advantage of these without getting owned by Garbodor. I hope so. But this is an unfortunate side effect of Garbodor. A lot of fun cards will see a lot less play.

I am excited for this card. I cant wait to try it out in a few decks. I think running two Lysandre will still be standard though just because you aren't always going to want to switch your pokemon. I like the idea of using it to switch my tapu bulu after nature's judgement. I think it will replace at least ine lysandre in that deck.

Except you can't really play escape rope in a Garbodor centric meta because all you are doing is feeding the beast. Same with Max potion. Maybe you can design a deck that takes advantage of these without getting owned by Garbodor. I hope so. But this is an unfortunate side effect of Garbodor. A lot of fun cards will see a lot less play.
You might want to work off more of the Supporter-based plays, with the Guzma and Acerola and all. If we get the Olivia supporter anytime soon too it'll be a helpful search card to grab your Golisopods.

I'm a little hesitant on Guzma. I don't want to so happen to have a float stone on or have a switch in hand just to use this like Lysandre. Plus adding float stones and/or switches are gonna take up slots just for Guzma.

It can work better in some decks though. Like Golispode GX (duh), Solgaleo GX, decks that run Manaphy EX, etc.

But I guess this is the only option when Lysandre rotates.

Yay! A more balanced Lysandre! This will be great with Golisopod GX to switch in and out for the full damage.​

Very interesting card... It did, however, break my dream of a Guzma Card that had a strong coin flip effect. Then everyone would have had fun quoting the Team Skull boss, depending on the coin flip. :{

Will Golisopod be the new Shaymin killer? As previously mentioned, it doesn't hit many numbers but it does hit 110. With a Choice Band and Kukui it nicely hits Tapu Lele too.

August is the Shaymin killer.
Also Lele's price might see a bump due to this guy, so I'd best snag it while it's still 30. Probably only behind Acerola as my favorite card I see from the new set.

Lysandre's back in skull black. I like the switch effect, quite nice for gardevoir GX, fairy garden and all so you can just switch back in. Can we get a new VS seeker too?

Back