News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Dadoum

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I guess with a garbodor works well. Oponent can't play item card so either N or Sycamore. Firstly he may has many item cards and don't find enrgies, secondly with sycamore items go to discard.

Another Quaking Punch, of frickin' course. Yeah, it's not a DCE attack and it's on a Stage 1, BUT STILL.

Also, the GX attack's name is Boomburst. Just sayin'.
Add 4 Tappu Lele and 1 Timmy and that works for turn 1 XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY GEODUDES
  • Noivern GX - Finally, a potentially good Dragon-type GX with the annoying effects that we don't like from Seismitoad and Giratina, which are became "Annoying Expanded Gang" once Giratina rotates. 0 retreat is what I like, but the ACs are ODDISHappointing. Yes, It can access to DDE but, once DDE rotates, we'll force to run 2 Basic Energies, just to use this good fella. So I give it, 4-5 Geodudes. This will win Worlds once it was released.
GXs in Burning Shadows
  • Tapu Fini GX
  • Darkrai GX
  • Machamp GX
  • Salazzle GX
  • Ho-oh GX
  • Necrozma GX
  • Charizard GX
  • Marshadow GX??!
  • Noivern GX
8 or 9/12 revealed. Who do you think the other 3 or 4?

Last edited:

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
Took long enough for Pokebeach to cover this card. YellowSwellow on Youtube has had the video of this card uploaded for over an hour now.

Seng vang

Svang20
I think hes good. Energy lotto is gna be a huge hit!

This is a pretty good card, but there are two flaws with this:

1 is that you need DDE and that's gonna be rotating soon(or you're just going to be playing Dark and Psychic energy).

and 2 is that Sylveon GX can OHKO it, and Sylveon is getting pretty popular(but its first attack can prevent Sylveon from using Crushing Hammer!).

This is still a good card, and I don't know why we didn't get this in GR instead of Kommo-o GX
I heard they are reprinting dragon energy

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
(Speak of the devil, eh? I talk about a new GX last night and lo and behold.)

I like this card in concept. Two different disruptions are pretty alright. Fairy weakness is troubling, and so is the classic dragon type energy costs, but I think it can be pretty well done if you, dare I say, play your cards right.

Last edited:

MechanicalMarine

Princess Peach
As of now, this looks promising at the 1 tournament where this (Noivern-GX) and DDE will be legal in Standard at the same time, but even more expanded. Not having DDE will be a problem, but there is a possibility that TPCi will reprint it.

Dalton

Aspiring Trainer
Finally on of my favorite Pokémon got a GX, and it it playable. To bad DDE rotates out right after its release.

yrkomm16

Aspiring Trainer
MY GEODUDES
  • Noivern GX - Finally, a potentially good Dragon-type GX with the annoying effects that we don't like from Seismitoad and Giratina, which are became "Annoying Expanded Gang" once Giratina rotates. 0 retreat is what I like, but the ACs are ODDISHappointing. Yes, It can access to DDE but, once DDE rotates, we'll force to run 2 Basic Energies, just to use this good fella. So I give it, 4-5 Geodudes. This will win Worlds once it was released.
GXs in Burning Shadows
  • Tapu Fini GX
  • Darkrai GX
  • Machamp GX
  • Salazzle GX
  • Ho-oh GX
  • Necrozma GX
  • Charizard GX
  • Marshadow GX??!
  • Noivern GX
8 or 9/12 revealed. Who do you think the other 3 or 4?

Tapu Bulu GX, Tsaarena GX

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
Tsareena will be one but the FA and Rainbow Bulus will probably be counted as secret GXs in the english set because we already got tapu bulu as a promo. So he might still be in the set, same with Lycanroc GX but as a somewhat secret rare like the rainbow starters were in GR

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Took long enough for Pokebeach to cover this card. YellowSwellow on Youtube has had the video of this card uploaded for over an hour now.

How did you deal with all the suspense?! Wait, you knew about it, so it didn't matter... Why did you bring it up again?

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Why does TPCI hate items and Special Energy so much?? Sheesh! Oh well. Still a cool card, but I'm honestly not happy to see that item lock is going to be around another two years.

xaej806

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member

As someone who has followed Pokebeach for years and years, way longer than I can even begin to estimate, I find this type of snarky comment offensive, unproductive, and entirely unnecessary.

Please try to remember that this website, like YellowSwellow and other Youtubers, is run by fans of the game, and is not some large commercial conglomerate or corporation whose obligation it is to break news immediately. I am certain that Pokebeach has been the first on more news stories than can be counted over the last however long, and it is completely reasonable that, occasionally, they may be beaten to the punch. Their reputation as the #1 website on the internet for Pokemon-related content is not affected by your words. They will continue to be my and many others' first choice when it comes to Pokemon, with no disrespect intended to YellowSwellow, similar other Youtubers, or other Pokemon websites.

If you have some bizarre requirement that your Pokemon TCG news be broken to you within the first microseconds possible, I believe you would find it beneficial to your quality of life to sit for awhile and contemplate the meaning and implications of the word "chill."

---

Anyway, seems like a pretty balanced card. Unlike Toad, you can't just spam this one in someone's face starting on turn 1 of the game, so there is some window to play items and prepare for it.

IF - and that's a big "if" - DDE does NOT get reprinted, I wonder if Darkrai-GX + Energy Switch might be a viable way to charge & swarm Noiverns.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie

Tsareena will be one but the FA and Rainbow Bulus will probably be counted as secret GXs in the english set because we already got tapu bulu as a promo. So he might still be in the set, same with Lycanroc GX but as a somewhat secret rare like the rainbow starters were in GR
We already know that Tsareena will appear in a Tsareena-GX box that's being released in August this year. I do think rainbow (and/or Full Art) Tapu Bulu and Lycanroc will be in the set.

Though looking at the placement of the Necrozma FA, there'll most likely only be one GX before it, so in the Necrozma set there'll be 1 GX that is either Grass, Fire, Water, Electric or Psychic (other than Necrozma and/or Marshadow if @Mr. Rhyperior's prediction is correct, and it's not a Fighting type).

Jonathan Jung

Meta is the Meta
NO NO NO, seismitoad was cancerous, and now this? I'm already sick of seeing garbodor, the standard format is going to be harsh.
9030f2ada0e84feb702626305ad62adc_fixed-co-game-sales-endlessly-meme-oh-god-no_400-400.jpeg