TCG Fakes Idea: Unofficial Tournaments Using Fake Cards

Kavross

Aspiring Trainer
Haha yeah buying the game for this might be a lil much, it is just one avenue that we could work something out in. A ptcgo plugin could be cool, dunno how that works

pokesage101

Is WishiWashi GX the new Darkrai EX?
Haha yeah buying the game for this might be a lil much, it is just one avenue that we could work something out in. A ptcgo plugin could be cool, dunno how that works
Do you think there would be a free alternative to the STEAM thing?

Kavross

Aspiring Trainer
I found a free one possibly so I'll report back in a couple

Alas it seems most game simulators don't want people importing copyrighted material. I guess the only real viable way to do any kind of battling here would be over webcams? Idk

Last edited by a moderator:

pokesage101

Alas it seems most game simulators don't want people importing copyrighted material. I guess the only real viable way to do any kind of battling here would be over webcams? Idk
Yeah, that would be do-able. I will be offline for the rest of today.

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
There is actually a way this could happen without real-world travelling AND without payment, and that would be using a program called LackeyCCG, which allows for custom trading card plugins to be created and used. I don't know how to do it, though. Like @Jabberwock said, Keeper of Night knows and would be a good person to ask. ^v^

Alternatively, y'know, I could look up how. Couldn't be that hard, right? :p

Nonetheless, I'd love to see something like this happen! I'm a big fan of TCG and I'd even be willing to make some cards/art if it came to it.

Kavross

Aspiring Trainer
Ah yeah that is indeed cheaper. I can only see a Pokemon Plugin from 2014 there but I might be blind

pokesage101

I think that even if we don't play against each other online (I mean it could still happen...), it wouldn't hurt to develop a list of cards so we could theorize what metagame decks there would be. I will be still working to update the spreadsheet despite the setbacks.

Nyora

A Cat
Shuppet! Very meta!
(From Ninjamezor's fakes)
[BASIC] Shuppet HP60[P]
shuppet.gif

[P] Puppetry
Choose 1 of your Opponent’s Pokemon. Shuffle that Pokemon and all cards attached to it into your opponent’s deck.

Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat Cost: [C]
Put stuff in deck. Win. At least have 1 or 2 of these in every deck.

Also, Rotom! Ninja Boy!
(Also from Ninjamezor's fakes)
[BASIC] Rotom HP70 [P]
rotom.gif

[ABILITY] Appliance Hop
Once during your turn, you may choose [G], [R], [W], [C], or [P] type. This Pokemon is that type until you use this Ability to change it again.

[L][C] Lightning Turn 60
Switch this Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon,

Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat Cost: [C]
Use ability, ninja boy, hit weakness

pokesage101

This lugia might be an interesting tech in some decks
(From metoro's fakes)
lugia_card___lm_14_34_by_metoro-dav4q6e.png

Maybe even it's own deck. You soul shackle 2 times, being immune to damage, then release all the damage for a big knockout!

pokesage101

Another awesome archetype!
(Also from metoro's fakes)
card_collage____the_legendary_titans_by_metoro-db6lr5j.png

We still have to wait for regice, but it is already coming together. you play a lot of rainbow energy in this deck.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Hoo boy, twas a hassle to learn but I got Lighthouse Mysteries into Tabletop Simulator
17m7c3o_zpswryhjqvm.jpg
This is FAR better than Lackey I'll just say right now. Lackey, while free, has issues with card sizes, text additions, connectivity, etc. And it doesn't look this good. Like damn, I'll buy that.

That being said for plugins like this to work you'd need images to match every card, so text-based sets just aren't possible to work with unless they were converted in the first place.

pokesage101

This is FAR better than Lackey I'll just say right now. Lackey, while free, has issues with card sizes, text additions, connectivity, etc. And it doesn't look this good. Like damn, I'll buy that.

That being said for plugins like this to work you'd need images to match every card, so text-based sets just aren't possible to work with unless they were converted in the first place.
I (And anyone else is who wanted too) would convert them to image based.