News Charizard-GX Premium Collection Box in September!

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Seriously, they just released a charizard box and it was in the last two x&y sets. Can we get a break from the most cancerous pokemon out there

Charizard stands for a lot in the Pokemon fandom.
It was the original, coveted, super expensive card.
You can tell how much people love Charizard cards, when it's taking up the top 3 slots for most expensive card in the Evolutions set... despite not even being playable.

He's the poster boy for Red Version, the first Pokemon game, and we've also seen him represent the franchise in games like Super Smash Bros.

Not to mention, Ash's Charizard being a noteworthy side character in the Pokemon show; with cameos in movies as well.

This set is coming out around the time of the "reboot," and I completely understand the decision to print another Charizard.
I'm not really a fan of Charizard myself, but It's a flagship Pokemon; it sells packs.

Last edited:

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
It's about time we got a Charizard card. We haven't had one in forever! All we keep getting are Sunflora and Castform cards and I'm at this point am tired of seeing them. About time a lesser known Pokemon gets some special treatment.
I really want a Mewtwo GX card! The last time Mewtwo was in a set was 17 years ago!

GigaGarchomp

Dragon Tamer
I think Charizard gets too much attention personally. I would rather see Pokemon make 2 Premium GX Boxes for Heatmor-GX and Zoroark-GX to focus on both Burning and Shadows, and besides Heatmor doesn't get much heat anyways. Because personally we need more reprints of Unova Pokemon.

teh awesome mudkipz

the dankest mudkip
It's about time we got a Charizard card. We haven't had one in forever! All we keep getting are Sunflora and Castform cards and I'm at this point am tired of seeing them. About time a lesser known Pokemon gets some special treatment.
We've had 7 different cards that are charizard or related to charizard in evolutions. And a lot of promos in the past 3 years
"I really want a Mewtwo GX card! The last time Mewtwo was in a set was 17 years ago!"
@Swampert Full Art
We have 2 mega mewtwo ex and 2 mewtwo ex. And in evolutions, we had another mewtwo ex and a normal mewtwo.

Last edited:

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
We need a hard-hitting, interesting, Stage 2 Charizard-GX.

If that Charizard GX, was a straight up reprint from Burning Shadows, it'll end up as an "A" card.

Corgimaster

Card Faker, Image Maker, Competitive TCG player!
Didn't Castform just end up in gaurdians rising? Also, Charizard GX will probably have 8 Fire energy for, like,
400 damage. Wait. Ya know what? With Tpci constantly giving Pokemon cards damage outputs that are too high,
It'll be 500!

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Didn't Castform just end up in gaurdians rising? Also, Charizard GX will probably have 8 Fire energy for, like,
400 damage. Wait. Ya know what? With Tpci constantly giving Pokemon cards damage outputs that are too high,
It'll be 500!

Actually, I don't think they've made one that's too high.
Unless I'm missing one, I think M Charizard's 300 is the highest?
Which could actually still miss out on a KO.

Example: Solgaleo + Shield Energy + Hard Charm + Training Center = 310 effective HP.

Slurma

Aspiring Trainer
I kind of hate how they are using Charizard, the awesomest pokemon(sarcasm), to market this. It would be kind of cool if it turned out to be a good card though.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
I find it interesting that this new Charizard-GX is a promo card and not one of the new alternate arts. Is that just a mistake, or are the Charizard-GX from the set and the Charizard-GX from the box different cards?

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
New it. I mean, I wasn't expecting a premium collection release but I did expect a Charizard GX.

Artifactor

Poet lost in static.
Yay, the overrated lizard gets its own GX, honestly i feel like its going to be too slow to be competitive in the meta, its going to be a stage 2, so its already on shaky grounds, it will likely need a lot of energy to use its attacks