Collecting The "Look What I Pulled" & Pull Rates Thread

Marowhacker

@MarowhackerTCG on twitter
I recently decided to have a throwback and bought a single pack of furious fists, and pulled Hawlucha-EX! Yay!

LadyRinsun

Aspiring Trainer
Managed to get a Mimikyu Pin Collection Box already! I'm so happy! Wanted to share this with everyone here so you can all have a little sneak peek ^w^

Ty Comfy Hat

The Cosmic rage of Astral Dwarfs from Aberdeen.
I've had some pretty good luck with the recent Sogaleo and Lunala tins. Got both, and each had at least one full-art Mega in the boosters!

One had both a full-art M Venusaur and full-art M Houndoom, and the other had a full-art M Mewtwo (Y, I think) and a BREAK card, but I can't remember which, only that it was grass type.

Deku

The Starving Artist
Kinda funny story, I was at Target to pick up some stuff, including Pokemon cards, and while heading to checkout I took a look at some of the checklane blisters. But then I noticed a single blister of Sun and Moon sitting among the candy. Not a checklane blister, but the normal single pack. So on a whim, I picked it up. Pulled an Incineroar GX out of it. Yeah, far from the best card, but I still find it somewhat amusing that most likely some kid missed out on an Ultra Rare. (Plus Incineroar is my favorite of the three starters so yay!)

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
Did some Japanese boxes yesterday
Islands Waiting for you box
3 regular GX (Kommo-o, Turtonator, A-Ninetales)
12 Holos (2x Victini, 2x Golisopod, 2x Comfey, 2x Blissey, 2x Drampa, 2x Machamp)

Moonlight of Alola box
3 reg GX (Metagross, Tapu Lele, Wishiwashi)
11 Holos (Goodra, 2x Dhelmise, 2x Mimikyu, 2x Minior, 2x A-Golem, 2x Chandelure)
1 SR (aqua patch)

So Full arts and Secrets arent guaranteed per box but they replace a holo.

Rhyno

not very cool dude
Opened a Mega Sharpedo EX Box today and got some pretty good pulls:
The promos (of course. Really like the pin by the way.)
(Most interesting) Magearna FA EX
Kingdra EX
Mega Slowbro

A lot better than my usual pulls, really advise buying for the two sun and moons, the evolutions, and the pin.

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
I haven´t opened too many products lately but I am opening Ancient Origins booster box soon. Does anyone know what the pull rates usually are?
Also, I opened up 8 roaring skies and pulled a Latios FA EX and Gallade EX

LadyRinsun

Aspiring Trainer
Managed to get one of the Legendary Beasts Collection Pin Boxes today! Raikou!

Had some amazing pulls - finally some luck with Sun and Moon, too!

Vulpixy

Just your friendly neighborhood Vulpix
Went to the Pre-Release today for Guardian's Rising! Only foil/pretty rare I pulled from my kit was the stamped promo lol.

Still won tho, and got more junk! Hoping my luck is better with the box I'm opening tomorrow. Will post results if I remember to :)

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
Went to prerelease- last saturday the 22nd, I think.
I won the Seniors Division, which got me an extra pack, so out of 8 total I pulled a Sylveon GX, Minior Holo, Machamp Holo, Aqua Patch, and a few reverse holo rares (Gothitelle, Comfey, and Solgaleo).
My friend pulled a Tapu Koko GX and Drampa GX, and a FA Turtonator from the after packs! Also, I saw a lot of full art pulls, like Hau, full art Wishiwashi, and Decidueye hyper rare.
I am opening a lot of Guardians Rising this weekend, I am so excited! I´m hoping to pull a secret rare or at least a good full art (I think I have a good shot with 30 packs, one being a half of a booster box and one being a third of another).
I will post what a get later!

Epist

Captain Clamps
Advanced Member
I know this is a small sample size, but I reviewed 7 GR booster box openings on youtube and here were the overall results (will add more over the next few days for a more sound sample):

Type-Total-Average per box

GX - 27 - 3.9
FA GX - 9 - 1.3
RR GX - 2 - 0.3
FA Trainer - 3 - 0.4
SR Item/Energy - 4 - 0.6

Overall average pulls per box = 6.4

Total pulls per box
5 - 3
6 - 0
7 - 2
8 - 2

Really suprised zero boxes had six good pulls, I am sure they will pop up with more samples, but 6 seemed to be the standard for SM Base Set so suprised to see such a difference. Hyper/Rainbox Rares are the least likely pulls...from what I have seen you either get a "meh" box of 4 GX and 1 FA (or if you are lucky a RR), or you knock it out of the park and get 7-8 good pulls.

I have 3 boxes myself to open (not arrived yet!) so I will edit the results once I open them....

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Went to a pre-release on Saturday. Pulled a Tapu Lele GX out of the first pack. Pulled 2 Holo Comfeys out of the next two packs, and
TAPU LELE GX RAINBOW RARE
out of the 5th pack! Amazing pre-release.

Vulpixy

Just your friendly neighborhood Vulpix
So I got a booster box of Guardian's Rising, and this is what I got:

20170501_113803.jpg

The cards lined up on the right are RF cards that I thought were cool. I find it interesting that I got 2 of the same GX in the box, and a pretty nice one at that.

akealon

Aspiring Trainer
3 GR Booster boxes and pulled:

SR DCE
SR Max Potion
RR Tapu Lele GX
FA Turtonator GX
FA Sylveon GX
FA Kommo-O GX
RA Sylveon GX
RA Turtonator GX
RA Ninetails GX x2
RA Vikavolt GX x2
RA Tapu Lele GX x2
RA Drampa GX
RA Metagross GX
RA Toxapex GX

Plus:
RA Lycanroc GX (from 1 of 3 packs won at league, not part of boxes)

I think I'm pretty happy with the results. Opening one more box with the kids tonight and will try to post what we got from that too.

Ninjabot 215

Beep Boop
I bought a Lunala tin today and pulled:

-Lunala GX promo
-Decidueye GX
-FA Professor Kukui
-FA M Blastiose EVO

I got so exited when I pulled the Deicdueye, since they are fairly expensive and good for trade :D !

SATP2016

Aspiring Trainer
Got a GR booster on Friday

1 FA Tapu Lele GX
1 RA Wishiwashi GX
1 RA Lyncaroc GX
1 RA Kommo-o GX
1 RA Sylveon GX
1 RA Aloan Ninetails GX

No SR. A little dissapointed.

However, I've opened 7 random packs as well and pulled:

1 RR Drampa GX
1 FA Vikavolt GX

So hopeful to do better with 2 additional boxes and a trainer box on the way for tomorrow.

LadyRinsun

Aspiring Trainer
Got the Guardians Rising booster box finally!

I got:

1 SR Lightning Energy
1 FA Lycanroc GX
1 RA Alolan Ninetales GX
1 RA Tapu Koko GX
1 RA Turtonator GX

6 Holo rares (including the amazing Mimikyu card, yay! <3)

and a surprisingly high amount of reverse rare cards, I think: 12!

I think the amount of GX cards I pulled is slightly below the average pull rate, but then again, I got a SR card instead, so I'm not sure.

I'm not too familiar with the rarity index of these cards. Exactly when is a card considered a Secret Rare card, or Hyper or Ultra Rare?

SATP2016

Aspiring Trainer
Opened an Elite Trainer Box, got 1/8

1 RA Lyncaroc GX

Opened my 2nd booster box and had a blast!

1 SR DCE
1 RR Tapu Koko GX
1 FA Metagross GX
1 RA Drampa GX
1 RA Topapex GX
1 RA Lyncaroc GX
1 RA Alolan Ninetails GX

So 7/36 and 1 SR + 1 RR in the same box, and two great ones at that!

Last edited:

SATP2016

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not too familiar with the rarity index of these cards. Exactly when is a card considered a Secret Rare card, or Hyper or Ultra Rare?

Secret Rare are the nine gold plated cards in the set at the back of the card count (Aqua Patch, Enhanced Hammer, Field Blower, Max Potion, Rare Candy, DCE, Grass, Electric, and Fighting Energies). They have the rarest pull rate, I think around 1 in 4 booster boxes.

The Rainbow Rares are often referred to as Hyper Rares, these are the Rainbow GXs. There are 15 of them.