News Strengthening Expansion Pack, Best of XY Pack, and Ash VS Team Rocket Deck!

Well in expand maxie into it plus Korina in but 3 manual attachments is kinda slow. Also my prediction that all ride pokemon would get gx's seems to be spot on

And again thanks to Pokémon EX again any stage 2 is useless.... :(

I do like that they try to revert the power creep but then mess it up thanks to the reprint sets they kinda did since some rotations....

What a joke...

/end rant

And again thanks to Pokémon EX again any stage 2 is useless.... :(

I do like that they try to revert the power creep but then mess it up thanks to the reprint sets they kinda did since some rotations....

What a joke...

/end rant

Highly unlikely we will get that set but ex's will be around in standard for another year at least after this rotation anyway

Everyones complaining about Machamps attack cost, and i'm sat here thinking "I'm presuming everyone has already forgotten what carbink brake did."
For 1 energy you do 20 damage and take 2 fighting energy (Strong energy counts too) and put them on 1 bench Pokemon.

Now presuming you have a way to retreat the Carbink after attacking, and an energy in hand you can be using Machamps GX attack on turn 3, providing you had a good turn 1 where you where able to discard more that 1 fighting energy (Again strong energy counts too), with things like Ultra ball and Professor Sycamore.

I say turn 3 because on turn 2 you have to evolve Carbink into Carbink brake, unless you played wally turn 1, which means you weren't able to sycamore turn 1. and you still need to get machoke and or rare candy into play (Some people might want to use Machokes new ability to stop Decidueye GX), But at the very least you where able to stall out your opponents EX attackers, while getting set up.

theoretically this can all be done on turn 2, but its extremely unlikely, though possible.

Everyones complaining about Machamps attack cost, and i'm sat here thinking "I'm presuming everyone has already forgotten what carbink brake did."
For 1 energy you do 20 damage and take 2 fighting energy (Strong energy counts too) and put them on 1 bench Pokemon.

Now presuming you have a way to retreat the Carbink after attacking, and an energy in hand you can be using Machamps GX attack on turn 3, providing you had a good turn 1 where you where able to discard more that 1 fighting energy (Again strong energy counts too), with things like Ultra ball and Professor Sycamore.

I say turn 3 because on turn 2 you have to evolve Carbink into Carbink brake, unless you played wally turn 1, which means you weren't able to sycamore turn 1. and you still need to get machoke and or rare candy into play (Some people might want to use Machokes new ability to stop Decidueye GX), But at the very least you where able to stall out your opponents EX attackers, while getting set up.

theoretically this can all be done on turn 2, but its extremely unlikely, though possible.

You could use this attack turn three regardless of Carbink because you should have 3 energy attachments by that point. Also, I am pretty sure turn three is only one of the things people don't like about this card. I don't like the fact that the GX attack and both non-GX attacks are massively underwhelming for a card that requires 2 stages to set up. I get that fighting types currently have strong energy and that strong energy should be around for at least another year based on the fact that Fates probably sticks around another year, but the card shouldn't be so reliant on hitting strong energy that it can't be played without it and this card is the definition of "can't be played without strong energy."

I mean, compare this GX attack to Lycanroc GX. Lycanroc GX is better AND requires a lower stage investment to get going. Add in the fighting energy to that and you have a viable attacker that gets set up relatively fast. Overall, this card is pretty meh and won't see play even with that gaudy 250 HP. Overall, it sure does seem like the masters of all things Pokemon just tossed this card out there simply to have a stage 2 to use with a pretty useful stage 1.

FYI, this is the Lycanroc I am referencing.

Machoke being a direct counter to Decidueye is the only thing that makes this card remotely playable. That GX attack is brutally bad.

Why are they printing a Machamp every other set? It isn't even that popular.

Last edited:
Machamp GX eh? Oddly enough I'm not that surprised he got one tbph. I mean he got literally everything else 'cept old-school ex ofc. (Lv.X, Prime, EX, Break)

This is kind of underwhelming. The GX attack is pretty meh considering we have so many options that are easier to set up and just as strong if not stronger. Not to mention that there are plenty of ways to toss out your opponent's stadium aside from his Earth Breaker. Honestly it often feels like Fighting types get the short end of the stick.

I like the fact the GX attack isn't a nuke based attack and that it seems balanced around Strong Energy.

I'm a lil disappointed in how the new GX's aren't the best. Most GX's in the Sun and Moon base saw some amount of competitive play, well except Primarina and Incineror, but this is just, no.

MY EVALUATIONS
  • Machamp GX- Slow. Stage 2. Attacks are very pointless. 2 Energy for 120 if KOing a Stage 1 or 2 is good but in the era where Basics reign, it's not. I am just only play Anti-Decidueye Machoke than that.

Forest of Giant Plants is bad enough...

I'm not talking about a Stadium that lets you instantly evolve. FGP was always a horrible idea. It would be a horrible idea even if Vileplume wasn't a thing. But something like that old stadium that gave Stage 1 or Stage 2 a bit of extra HP.

Back