News Strengthening Expansion Pack, Best of XY Pack, and Ash VS Team Rocket Deck!

MY EVALUATIONS
  • E4 Acerola - This card is so, so good! That I just want to play as 1 of every deck. If you are victim of a Decidueye damage spam or getting hurt or hurt + switched out, this will be good. The new AZ without discarding anything. This deserves 4 Geodudes.

seems like this is going to be in sm 3 for north americans but this is a cool az like card for your pokemon that are getting pounded

Well technically it does 10 damage to your Pokemon, so actually RE would work
Ummm....no Rainbow energy reads: "This card provides [C] Energy. While in play, this card provides every type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time. When you attach this card from your hand to 1 of your Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on that Pokémon." Not 10 damage, also 10 damage is technically the same as 1 damage counter anyway

SM2+ content will probably be for our SM3 set, and/or promos around that time. Much like how SM1+ cards are being added to Guardians Rising.

Also heck yes, this will be good for Koko GX!
How will this be good for Tapu Koko?

How will this be good for Tapu Koko?
Say you have a damaged Koko, you play down another, use aero trail, sending him into the active and giving all the energy to the new one. When that gets damaged, Acerola up the old one, play it back down and so on, and so on

Say you have a damaged Koko, you play down another, use aero trail, sending him into the active and giving all the energy to the new one. When that gets damaged, Acerola up the old one, play it back down and so on, and so on
She also lets you keep all the cards attached to the Pokemon you pick up as well so if you say have a Fighting Fury Belt on that one you put it on your new Koko GX. What makes it quite nasty is that the Tapu Exs have no weaknesses so you have to deal at least it's full normal amount of HP if your able to remove the tool and stadium with the leaf blower item card which name eludes me right now to KO it. Thankfully Koko GX is a tin later if this ends up being really good.

Lunala GX can also move the energy to a healthy Pokemon then pick up the injured one with Acerola. She's going to be great in a deck that can tank hits and move it's energy around. Also good with Rain Dance styled decks like Keldeo EX. Some Megas might also like using her.

Really solid card and going to see some good play.

This is different than AZ because you can put all of the cards attached to the Pokemon back into your hand instead of discarding them as you would usually do with AZ. However, part about having damage counters on the Pokemon is too problematic... This card is OK but it is not game breaking.

Full art card looks cool!

I don't really see the point in using this, except if you get Decidueyed
This will work really well with Tapu Koko GX, you can drop a healthy one, and then acerola the damaged one and boom you have a healthy tapu koko on the field, and rinse and repeat.

I guess so, but I don't really think it will see a HUGE amount of play though
It will based solely on the fact that it stops your EX/GX Pokemon from being Knocked Out (well, except for maybe Shaymin EX). That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 1-of at most. While I love the fact that there is another AZ-esque card in the format now, the damage counter clause ruins a lot when it comes to versatility. That said, what Acerola does that AZ didn't is returns everything attached to your Pokemon to your hand as well, which is a huge deal when it comes to things like reusing Tools, redistributing Energy, etc. It also makes Rainbow Energy a bigger option in more decks, since you can now reuse Rainbow Energy for Acerola's condition and provide a multi-use Energy for more interesting decks (Hint: Anything with Solgaleo GX).

Overall, the card has some great uses and I think it'll be something people will have to test to get right number-wise, but it'll see play. It'll see quite a bit of play.

-Asmer

The fact that there's only Fighting Energy and no colorless in energy costs combined with it being a stage 2 make it a bit too clunky in my books.

At least it's not weak to grass. Would be better if it was weak to Lightning though...

I think it will see some play because of all the evolution lines going around now. And for two energy, that is a decent attack. When matched with Strong energy, it gets even better...

I could see this being a 1-1-1 line in lycanrock decks as a way to deal with decidueye since the new machoke stops damage from abilities. Late game attacker but isn't good enough to be the main attacker

Back