News Marshadow Officially Revealed! New Movie 20 Trailer!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I highly doubt SM are the last 3DS games. They wouldn't have even bothered making 7th gen on the 3DS in 2016 in the first place if they didn't intend for it to last at least one other game, not when they skipped the expected Z (or XY2, or whatever) game to do it. That plus this reveal that all 7th gen mythicals will be available this year suggests one thing: that there will be one last 3DS game this year and next year will be 8th gen on the Switch. Having all of the 7th gen mythicals now makes Stars on the Switch fairly unlikely at this point, it would make sense if they intended for 7th gen to last a good 3 or 4 years and they would've had to transition to new hardware in the middle of that. But now that we have all of the 7th gen mythicals, it looks like 7th gen is a 2 year generation. Transitioning to new hardware in the middle of such a short generation when they were perfectly capable of doing so either before or after is entirely pointless, they're not in that much of a rush that they need a Pokemon game on Switch exactly this year.

Also, SM is most likely not the only 7th gen game. Again, if they only needed one game to tide them over to the Switch, why skip Z and rush into 7th gen? Launching 7th gen in 2016 indicates that they felt that 7th gen could last multiple games, and if they just needed one game to tide them over until the Switch, Z would've fit that role much better and it would've been smarter to have Z in 2016 and SM on the Switch in 2017. The fact that they launched SM so soon implies that they intended for multiple games before the new generation on the Switch, so there has to be at least one more game.

The only possible outcome now that makes any sort of sense is to have a second 7th gen game on the 3DS this year and then 8th gen next year. If anything else happens you have to seriously question Game Freak's business sense.

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah but thing is having Sun&Moon as the last 3DS games is really underwhelming. Those games are so empty. I want DP remakes even if it's just to have a game where I can actually do stuff in the post-game to entertain myself.
I get what you're saying. But honestly, I would be just fine with them releasing Sun/Moon sequel than do D/P remakes for 3DS. I remember when I was bummed out because we didn't get R/S remakes during gen 5. In retrospect, I'm glad they waited for the 3DS. I feel that D/P remakes would benefit more if they are on Switch but that's just my opinion. I agree that Sun and Moon were underwhelming and because of that it would be great if they released the third version in veins of B2W2 so that they can improve it a bit.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
I can't wait for Marshadow in game, and I can't wait for the Movie! But did anyone notice the Pikachu's at the end? It looked like there was a code for them or something..
Pikachu with the different regional hats that Ash wears will be available in Japan via code. The type of hat will depend on when code is redeemed. I haven't been able to find anything on North American releases.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I get what you're saying. But honestly, I would be just fine with them releasing Sun/Moon sequel than do D/P remakes for 3DS. I remember when I was bummed out because we didn't get R/S remakes during gen 5. In retrospect, I'm glad they waited for the 3DS. I feel that D/P remakes would benefit more if they are on Switch but that's just my opinion. I agree that Sun and Moon were underwhelming and because of that it would be great if they released the third version in veins of B2W2 so that they can improve it a bit.

Yeah, a 3rd version/sequel to Alola works too. I'm just being biased towards Sinnoh.

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, a 3rd version/sequel to Alola works too. I'm just being biased towards Sinnoh.
Hahaha, no worries. I would love a Sinnoh remake as well since Platinum is one of my favourite games. I just have a hunch for some reason that we won't get any new main series games this year (which would be a stupid decision on nintendo's part yet it wouldn't surprise me if it actually happened).

Hackzo23

Nerd? i prefer the term, intellectual badass
I highly doubt SM are the last 3DS games. They wouldn't have even bothered making 7th gen on the 3DS in 2016 in the first place if they didn't intend for it to last at least one other game, not when they skipped the expected Z (or XY2, or whatever) game to do it. That plus this reveal that all 7th gen mythicals will be available this year suggests one thing: that there will be one last 3DS game this year and next year will be 8th gen on the Switch. Having all of the 7th gen mythicals now makes Stars on the Switch fairly unlikely at this point, it would make sense if they intended for 7th gen to last a good 3 or 4 years and they would've had to transition to new hardware in the middle of that. But now that we have all of the 7th gen mythicals, it looks like 7th gen is a 2 year generation. Transitioning to new hardware in the middle of such a short generation when they were perfectly capable of doing so either before or after is entirely pointless, they're not in that much of a rush that they need a Pokemon game on Switch exactly this year.

Also, SM is most likely not the only 7th gen game. Again, if they only needed one game to tide them over to the Switch, why skip Z and rush into 7th gen? Launching 7th gen in 2016 indicates that they felt that 7th gen could last multiple games, and if they just needed one game to tide them over until the Switch, Z would've fit that role much better and it would've been smarter to have Z in 2016 and SM on the Switch in 2017. The fact that they launched SM so soon implies that they intended for multiple games before the new generation on the Switch, so there has to be at least one more game.

The only possible outcome now that makes any sort of sense is to have a second 7th gen game on the 3DS this year and then 8th gen next year. If anything else happens you have to seriously question Game Freak's business sense.

I feel like you're being narrow minded about this. Sure it could happen the way you said, but to say that "The only possible outcome now that makes any sort of sense is to have a second 7th gen game on the 3DS this year and then 8th gen next year" is naive. Pokemon by no way follows any patterns. Almost everything they've done these past few generations have shown that.

We may not get a game this year. They could skip this year and bring out games on the switch next year. You don't know. They have skipped years in the past where they didn't release a main title.
And we don't know, SM may be the only 7th gen games. There doesn't have to be another. Gamefreak is under no obligation. Maybe that was the only story they wanted to tell in SM and there is no reason to make another.
Also there is nothing to imply that they released SM so soon. Like I previously said, there are some years where Pokemon doesn't release a main title. Between ORAS and SM was one of those years. Thats a solid 2 years, plus the time before that they had making SM. Plenty of time in my opinion. Doesn't seem like there was any rush. And there is no indication that they skipped over Z. Saying that implies they were making it at one point or had plans to then didn't. Perhaps they didn't want to make it at all.

Most of what you said is making implications on things that you're guessing on which holds no weight.
Also, SM could very well be the last main titles on the 3DS. SM pushed the hardware of the 3DS. There was noticeable lag while I played. And I know I'm not the only one. And Gamefreak would know this because they had to test the game before it was released. So to release another laggy game would be a poor choice in my opinion. Moving on to another handheld system/switch that can handle the software better would be the better choice.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I feel like you're being narrow minded about this. Sure it could happen the way you said, but to say that "The only possible outcome now that makes any sort of sense is to have a second 7th gen game on the 3DS this year and then 8th gen next year" is naive. Pokemon by no way follows any patterns. Almost everything they've done these past few generations have shown that

We may not get a game this year. They could skip this year and bring out games on the switch next year. You don't know. They have skipped years in the past where they didn't release a main title.
And we don't know, SM may be the only 7th gen games. There doesn't have to be another. Gamefreak is under no obligation. Maybe that was the only story they wanted to tell in SM and there is no reason to make another.
Also there is nothing to imply that they released SM so soon. Like I previously said, there are some years where Pokemon doesn't release a main title. Between ORAS and SM was one of those years. Thats a solid 2 years, plus the time before that they had making SM. Plenty of time in my opinion. Doesn't seem like there was any rush. And there is no indication that they skipped over Z. Saying that implies they were making it at one point or had plans to then didn't. Perhaps they didn't want to make it at all.

Most of what you said is making implications on things that you're guessing on which holds no weight.
Also, SM could very well be the last main titles on the 3DS. SM pushed the hardware of the 3DS. There was noticeable lag while I played. And I know I'm not the only one. And Gamefreak would know this because they had to test the game before it was released. So to release another laggy game would be a poor choice in my opinion. Moving on to another handheld system/switch that can handle the software better would be the better choice.

I'm not ruling anything out, but the other alternatives either aren't as profitable or would be overly complicated, so they're not particularly likely.

First there's the possibility of them having a break year this year. Technically they could make 7th gen just one game, but that defeats the entire purpose of a generation. Generations are meant to be eras of the series, lasting for several years across multiple games. Having multiple games also allows them to get more out of the new generation's engine, squeezing out another game for a minimal cost. SM being a solitary game would call into question why they decided to release 7th gen in the first place and create an updated engine for a one off instead of releasing another 6th gen game (this is why I brought up Z).

Then there's Stars on the Switch. In and of itself, this is already a questionable idea, because it's a fairly low selling game on stronger hardware that demands investment in a graphical upgrade, but if 8th gen is the next game after? You'd really have to wonder what Game Freak is thinking. This might make some sense if 7th gen was intended to be a 3 or 4 year generation and they needed to transition to new hardware midway (although again, why roll out 7th gen early in the first place?), but there'd be little point in such a wonky transition to new hardware for just one extra year of Pokemon on the Switch.

It's also possible that Stars could be in 2018 and could be a Gen 7.5 with new Pokemon. But for one that would go against the Eurogamer rumor which specified a 2017 release, so if you believe Eurogamer you would have to rule this out as a possibility. But even if the rest of the rumor is still true, if they were interested in having a .5 generation, why didn't they make Gen 6.5 instead of Gen 7 in 2016? Again, this would make a lot more sense knowing that the Switch was around the corner, having a minor upgrade in graphics and new Pokemon in a 6th gen game to provide enough new content while holding people off long enough until they can release a proper Switch game. The fact that they didn't and released a fully new generation implies that they probably aren't interested in .5 generations.

Ultimately, taking into consideration their past behavior, and especially their decision to make SM on the 3DS in 2016, as well as basic business logic, having a 3DS game this year and 8th gen on the Switch next year would be the ideal scenario based on what we currently know.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I'm not ruling anything out, but the other alternatives either aren't as profitable or would be overly complicated, so they're not particularly likely.

First there's the possibility of them having a break year this year. Technically they could make 7th gen just one game, but that defeats the entire purpose of a generation. Generations are meant to be eras of the series, lasting for several years across multiple games. Having multiple games also allows them to get more out of the new generation's engine, squeezing out another game for a minimal cost. SM being a solitary game would call into question why they decided to release 7th gen in the first place and create an updated engine for a one off instead of releasing another 6th gen game (this is why I brought up Z).

Then there's Stars on the Switch. In and of itself, this is already a questionable idea, because it's a fairly low selling game on stronger hardware that demands investment in a graphical upgrade, but if 8th gen is the next game after? You'd really have to wonder what Game Freak is thinking. This might make some sense if 7th gen was intended to be a 3 or 4 year generation and they needed to transition to new hardware midway (although again, why roll out 7th gen early in the first place?), but there'd be little point in such a wonky transition to new hardware for just one extra year of Pokemon on the Switch.

It's also possible that Stars could be in 2018 and could be a Gen 7.5 with new Pokemon. But for one that would go against the Eurogamer rumor which specified a 2017 release, so if you believe Eurogamer you would have to rule this out as a possibility. But even if the rest of the rumor is still true, if they were interested in having a .5 generation, why didn't they make Gen 6.5 instead of Gen 7 in 2016? Again, this would make a lot more sense knowing that the Switch was around the corner, having a minor upgrade in graphics and new Pokemon in a 6th gen game to provide enough new content while holding people off long enough until they can release a proper Switch game. The fact that they didn't and released a fully new generation implies that they probably aren't interested in .5 generations.

Ultimately, taking into consideration their past behavior, and especially their decision to make SM on the 3DS in 2016, as well as basic business logic, having a 3DS game this year and 8th gen on the Switch next year would be the ideal scenario based on what we currently know.
It's impossible to have Gen 7.5, in my opinion. Once the dex ends with a Legendary Pokemon, a New Gen approaches

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
Pokemon NEVER said Sun & Moon was a new generation.
Just a new "Adventure"
over
and
over
again

Edit: No wait - it was a generation in the press release :c

Last edited:

Hackzo23

One thing you should consider (which I just thought of this moment while reading your post) is does Pokemon even recognize "generations" or has the fan base just labeled them as that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Iv'e never heard of Pokemon mentioning a new "generation." (Im not counting the anime short series. Im talking about them referencing their new games/new Pokemon). They always say new adventure. So if you go by that logic then "7th generation" wouldn't be short. It would just be another game to them.
Also the other alternatives may not be as profitable, but to say overly complicated doesn't seem right. If what I suggested is right, then Pokemon would have had plans for these games and transitions years in advance. They would have to. Its no more complicated then making any other game. Its not like they decided to do this last minute and they have to do all these things making it more complicated.

Again you're assuming that 7th gen was released early. There is no indication that 7th gen was released early. 6th gen was 3 years which is a perfectly fine length of a generation going by what you said. One extra year on the switch is assuming 7th gen is going to be on the switch. They could just stop 7th gen and go straight to 8th.
Just a thought, maybe Pokemon has stopped making the third game of each generation. I don't know how many times people have complained about those third games because they were just rehashed version of the previous games. Maybe Pokemon has now taken that to heart and are now just releasing the pair of games. Seems unlikely, but plausible.

I first wanna say I don't think there will be a 7.5 gen. There has never been a .5 gen so there is literally no basis to go off of. Saying that, You mention 6.5 gen. As I said above about Pokemon never saying the word "generation" to mention their new games. Could it at all be possible SM were a 6.5 generation with new Pokemon and that we (the fanbase) just assumed it was gen 7?
There is some evidence to point to that. Zygarde having its event in SM instead of getting its own game. SM are on the 3DS even though they clearly push the limits of the hardware. So perhaps we are technically still in Gen 6. If that is true, then if they release the new games on the switch It would be the actual "Gen 7" which would make more sense. It would make "gen 6" be 4 years long instead of 3 and it would get rid of the problem of SM only being 1-2 years long.

Ultimately I don't care which new Pokemon games we will get. I'll be happy with basically any. But with all the evidence for a Gen 4 remake, I'm placing my bets on a gen 4 remake as the next games. and this new trailer just strengthens that with the two side characters having gen 4 pokemon. Which may seems like its nothing but if you look at the promotions for the movie "Genesect and the Legend Awakened" The showed off a sableye which was an indicator for ORAS.

Hackzo23

Pokemon NEVER said Sun & Moon was a new generation.
Just a new "Adventure"
over
and
over
again

I don't think Pokemon has ever mentioned the word "generation" when referencing a new pair of games. Going off that, Pokemon doesn't have to follow the "rules" of the generations because there were none to begin with.
"Generation" was just a fan made term. Kinda like "shiny" was but Pokemon adapted that one.

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
But the word "Generation" does sum up the phenomenon pretty properly.

Ignoring how gen 2 could use time capsule with gen 1,
From Gen 3 onwards, there's no generation that allowed transferring Pokemon back to a previous gen.

And that included Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Pokemon that transferred from XYORAS to SM couldn't be transferred back,
even if it didn't have any exclusive Gen 7 moves and what not.
[heck, we know the data format is pretty much mostly the same]

I'm hoping for either a XY sequel or DP remake, and that'll be the last game on Gen 7.

The Pokemon SM sequel/remake that is rumored will be on the Switch,
so that will work as Gen 8.

(People really need to stop with the Gen 6.5 / 7.5 nonsense)

edit:
Also, Masuda has referred to the games as "new generation" before.
Read it all here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation

Sentret_C

Aspiring Trainer
What if Sun and Moon were originally planned as 3DS/Switch titles but the Swith was delayed? That may explain why they pushed 3DS so hard.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
One thing you should consider (which I just thought of this moment while reading your post) is does Pokemon even recognize "generations" or has the fan base just labeled them as that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Iv'e never heard of Pokemon mentioning a new "generation." (Im not counting the anime short series. Im talking about them referencing their new games/new Pokemon). They always say new adventure. So if you go by that logic then "7th generation" wouldn't be short. It would just be another game to them.

It goes further than semantics though. New generations or "new adventures" or whatever you want to call them have new regions, new Pokemon, new characters, and a new graphical engine. That's not something they come out with spontaneously and just abandon, they're putting a huge investment into all of that so the economical thing to do is to get as much mileage out of that as possible. Taking SM, upgrading it on a new console, and then throwing it away two years later is not very economical.

Also the other alternatives may not be as profitable, but to say overly complicated doesn't seem right. If what I suggested is right, then Pokemon would have had plans for these games and transitions years in advance. They would have to. Its no more complicated then making any other game. Its not like they decided to do this last minute and they have to do all these things making it more complicated.

Just because they've planned them in advance doesn't make them good ideas. There's a lot of issues with mid gen transitions. It's not very economical as I mentioned above, they'd be spending more money on newer hardware. Then there's the matter of getting it to sell, how many people do you expect to shell out $300 to play a game that's very similar to one we've already played? Most Pokemon fans are probably waiting for 8th gen, which would be built from the ground up with a new graphics engine that can surpass the limits of the 3DS and new gameplay mechanics based on what the Switch can do. Then there's issues with transferring your Pokemon, having separate hardware can cause communication issues that would make trading difficult (this is one reason why we saw transfers instead of full trading and why transfers to the 3DS had to be done through Bank instead of in game). If Stars is a Switch game, most likely your old Pokemon would have to be transferred through Bank and it might also be one way. Ultimately this is just a large risk for a minimal reward. Not a smart business decision.

Again you're assuming that 7th gen was released early. There is no indication that 7th gen was released early. 6th gen was 3 years which is a perfectly fine length of a generation going by what you said. One extra year on the switch is assuming 7th gen is going to be on the switch. They could just stop 7th gen and go straight to 8th.

What I'm saying is a questionable strategy. Why DIDN'T they put 7th gen on the Switch instead of just having Z if they were just going to move on to 8th gen immediately after anyway? If they really wanted a launch year title, that would be the best approach. You would have a relatively cheap third version of XY in 2016 to make another quick buck and then you would have a bold, next generation Pokemon title to help sell the Switch. That would've been a much better scenario than having a wonky mid gen transition or a one off generation. The fact that they chose to move onto a new generation in 2016 implies that they intend on releasing at least one more 3DS game.

Just a thought, maybe Pokemon has stopped making the third game of each generation. I don't know how many times people have complained about those third games because they were just rehashed version of the previous games. Maybe Pokemon has now taken that to heart and are now just releasing the pair of games. Seems unlikely, but plausible.

IDK, some of the older ones people complained, but I didn't see much hate for BW2. I'm surprised we haven't seen more of that.

I first wanna say I don't think there will be a 7.5 gen. There has never been a .5 gen so there is literally no basis to go off of. Saying that, You mention 6.5 gen. As I said above about Pokemon never saying the word "generation" to mention their new games. Could it at all be possible SM were a 6.5 generation with new Pokemon and that we (the fanbase) just assumed it was gen 7?
There is some evidence to point to that. Zygarde having its event in SM instead of getting its own game. SM are on the 3DS even though they clearly push the limits of the hardware. So perhaps we are technically still in Gen 6. If that is true, then if they release the new games on the switch It would be the actual "Gen 7" which would make more sense. It would make "gen 6" be 4 years long instead of 3 and it would get rid of the problem of SM only being 1-2 years long.

Again, it comes down to SM being a new region instead of a Kalos game, and that's what was most questionable about SM. Did we really need a new region in 2016 on a handheld that was clearly about to be replaced? This is where the .5 idea comes from, because the fanbase feels it's too soon for new regions but would be open to having more new Pokemon.

And if the next game after SM is 8th gen, that makes things even more questionable. Because then the rush for a new region on the 3DS will look pointless since they were already working on a new region anyway, so they would've had time for a Z or some other proper Gen 6 game.

Hackzo23

It goes further than semantics though. New generations or "new adventures" or whatever you want to call them have new regions, new Pokemon, new characters, and a new graphical engine. That's not something they come out with spontaneously and just abandon, they're putting a huge investment into all of that so the economical thing to do is to get as much mileage out of that as possible. Taking SM, upgrading it on a new console, and then throwing it away two years later is not very economical.

Thats assuming the new game on the switch will be a 7th gen game. The fact that it seems like they're rushing through this generation makes me think there is a good possibility that the new game could be 8th gen.
It makes sense to milk as much out of each generation as possible.
Maybe it doesn't make much sense to rush. But perhaps nintendo strong armed game freak to make their next game on the switch to push sales for the new console. Considering how bad the wii u ended up being. Nintendo probably didn't want to take any chances.

Just because they've planned them in advance doesn't make them good ideas. There's a lot of issues with mid gen transitions. It's not very economical as I mentioned above, they'd be spending more money on newer hardware. Then there's the matter of getting it to sell, how many people do you expect to shell out $300 to play a game that's very similar to one we've already played? Most Pokemon fans are probably waiting for 8th gen, which would be built from the ground up with a new graphics engine that can surpass the limits of the 3DS and new gameplay mechanics based on what the Switch can do. Then there's issues with transferring your Pokemon, having separate hardware can cause communication issues that would make trading difficult (this is one reason why we saw transfers instead of full trading and why transfers to the 3DS had to be done through Bank instead of in game). If Stars is a Switch game, most likely your old Pokemon would have to be transferred through Bank and it might also be one way. Ultimately this is just a large risk for a minimal reward. Not a smart business decision.

I never said they were good ideas. I was making a counter argument to you saying they released them early.
It may not seem like a smart idea, but who are we to say that it isn't. We aren't nintendo. They have people who weigh the risks/rewards. There is no way they would do something unless they had enough evidence to believe they would have more reward than risk. The fact that pokemon games almost always sell well would be a good indicator for more reward than risk. The fact that the 3DS has been around for the longest time, and is slowly being outdated.
Anytime pokemon has moved from one console to another, people always complain about having to buy the new console to play the new games. But what do you expect. They need to keep upgrading to keep up with other games. I remember people complaining about having to switch from the DS to the 3DS. And the gameboy advance to the DS. Happens everytime. But if they can't move to the new hardware they can't progress.

What I'm saying is a questionable strategy. Why DIDN'T they put 7th gen on the Switch instead of just having Z if they were just going to move on to 8th gen immediately after anyway? If they really wanted a launch year title, that would be the best approach. You would have a relatively cheap third version of XY in 2016 to make another quick buck and then you would have a bold, next generation Pokemon title to help sell the Switch. That would've been a much better scenario than having a wonky mid gen transition or a one off generation. The fact that they chose to move onto a new generation in 2016 implies that they intend on releasing at least one more 3DS game.

I agree that it is a questionable strategy. But we don't know all the details. Just what game freak has shown us. You could be completely right and the next game is 7th gen. But it being released on the switch I think is a marketing strategy by nintendo to push the sales of the switch. Which would be smart cause of how popular pokemon is.

IDK, some of the older ones people complained, but I didn't see much hate for BW2. I'm surprised we haven't seen more of that.

I agree, I didnt see much from B2W2. But perhaps they stopped making them before that, and since it takes years to make a game we just haven't seen the new third games yet (if they did start making them again).

Again, it comes down to SM being a new region instead of a Kalos game, and that's what was most questionable about SM. Did we really need a new region in 2016 on a handheld that was clearly about to be replaced? This is where the .5 idea comes from, because the fanbase feels it's too soon for new regions but would be open to having more new Pokemon.

And if the next game after SM is 8th gen, that makes things even more questionable. Because then the rush for a new region on the 3DS will look pointless since they were already working on a new region anyway, so they would've had time for a Z or some other proper Gen 6 game.

I agree, I don't think we needed a new game if they were immediately going to to switch or whatever new handheld they're coming out with. But B2W2 came out way late in the life of the DS, so maybe they're doing that too? Too milk as much money as they can since so many people already have 3DS'.
And I do get where the .5 generation goes from, but my point is there is no basis for it. Pokemon has never hinted at anything like that. Its just people hoping for something more. There is no speculation because there is nothing to speculate.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Thats assuming the new game on the switch will be a 7th gen game. The fact that it seems like they're rushing through this generation makes me think there is a good possibility that the new game could be 8th gen.

But if they wanted to rush through this generation, why start it earlier than usual in the first place? If they wanted to rush 8th gen out, it would make sense for them to let 6th gen play out and rush 7th gen, not rush them both.

Maybe it doesn't make much sense to rush. But perhaps nintendo strong armed game freak to make their next game on the switch to push sales for the new console. Considering how bad the wii u ended up being. Nintendo probably didn't want to take any chances.

For 1 extra year of Pokemon on the Switch? I doubt it. At that point it becomes relatively pointless, and it's not as if Nintendo is hurting for big name releases in 2017 (BotW, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Splatoon 2 make for a solid lineup, those 4 games alone are enough to drive Switch sales in 2017). Nintendo is having issues with game droughts, so it'd be smarter to save Pokemon's big debut for 2018 when they probably don't have as many big sellers.

Anytime pokemon has moved from one console to another, people always complain about having to buy the new console to play the new games. But what do you expect. They need to keep upgrading to keep up with other games. I remember people complaining about having to switch from the DS to the 3DS. And the gameboy advance to the DS. Happens everytime. But if they can't move to the new hardware they can't progress

No disagreement on that, my issue is WHEN they're moving, not that they're moving. Moving to new hardware immediately after a new generation just doesn't seem smart and really begs the question of why we got that generation in the first place.

I agree, I don't think we needed a new game if they were immediately going to to switch or whatever new handheld they're coming out with. But B2W2 came out way late in the life of the DS, so maybe they're doing that too? Too milk as much money as they can since so many people already have 3DS'.

5th gen was a slightly different scenario because 4th gen had completely run its course but they didn't have new hardware to release it on (as the 3DS was still a year off). 6th gen still had room for one more game and simply didn't get one. It wasn't as clear that the 3DS needed a second generation to bide its time for the Switch.

And even then, 5th gen still got two games even when the 3DS desperately needed a Pokemon game.

And I do get where the .5 generation goes from, but my point is there is no basis for it. Pokemon has never hinted at anything like that. Its just people hoping for something more. There is no speculation because there is nothing to speculate.

Just because there's no basis for something doesn't mean it can't be speculated. You can speculate anything as long as you have the evidence to back it up. Honestly it would've made sense given Game Freak's approach to BW2 and their tendency to shake things up, but that's a moot point now.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I just wonder how Marshadow is going to be distributed. The 20th movie looks okay; it's dripping with nostaglia for those (like me) who grew up watching the first season of the anime.

Will I watch it when it's shown on TV? I don't know; it's too early to say.