• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Kokobox - Post-Guardians Rising

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Tapu Koko-GX – Lightning – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Aero Trail
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench, you may move any number of [L] Energy attached to your Pokemon to this Pokemon. If you move any Energy, switch this Pokemon with your Active Pokemon.

[L][L][C] Sky Claw: 130 damage

[L][L][C] Tapu Thunder GX: Does 50 damage times the number of Energy attached to all of your opponent’s Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: none
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Tapu Lele-GX – Psychic – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Wonder Tag
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for a Supporter card, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then shuffle your deck.

[C][C] Energy Drive: Does 20 damage times the number of Energy attached to both Active Pokemon. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance.

[P] Tapu Cure GX: Restore all HP to 2 of your Benched Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: none
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Field Blower – Trainer
Item

Choose up to 2 in any combination of Pokemon Tool cards and Stadium cards in play (both yours and your opponent’s) and discard them.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Choice Band – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The Pokemon this card is attached to does 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon-EX or Active Pokemon-GX.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Pokemon: 8
3 Tapu Koko GX
1 Jolteon EX
2 Raikou BKT
1 Tapu Lele GX
1 Shaymin EX

Trainers: 41
4 Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Ninja Boy
1 Lillie
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Max Elixir
2 Field Blower
2 Super Rod
3 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Choice Band
2 Escape Rope
1 Rough Seas
2 Parallel City

Energy: 11
11 Lightning

The strategy is to have a useful toolbox of Lightning-type Pokemon and rotate through them. Tapu Koko GX is effectively the deck's main attacker, swooping in with its ability and generally doing a solid 130 damage, or even a huge chunk with its GX attack. Jolteon EX serves as a means to stall and hinder big basics; free retreat is always cool too. Raikou is a solid, somewhat beefy 1-prize attacker.

Last edited:

BattleDragon

Aspiring Trainer
As bad as it might seem, have you considered a Magnezone (BT) Magnetic Circuit build? The energy can get pretty crazy, and you could even run another Tapu Lele as an attacker.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
As bad as it might seem, have you considered a Magnezone (BT) Magnetic Circuit build? The energy can get pretty crazy, and you could even run another Tapu Lele as an attacker.
It could be pretty interesting with more of a focus on Raikou, but I'm not so sure.

Darkness3827

Aspiring Trainer
I would run more than 1 stadium and I might run Aether whatever stadium instead as it reduces 30 instead of healing 30, which means something that will kill you by 10 damage if you had Rough Seas out won't with Aether as the 30 is applied before the attack. The disadvantage is you can't get rid of damage that is already on. As for what to remove for the stadium, I would remove 1-2 draw supporters. 8.5 (I consider Kukui to be .5 because it's bad at draw) is more than enough when you have 4 Seekers. I would also personally run FFB over Choice Band as it gives extra bulk, but that is personal preference.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
I would run more than 1 stadium and I might run Aether whatever stadium instead as it reduces 30 instead of healing 30, which means something that will kill you by 10 damage if you had Rough Seas out won't with Aether as the 30 is applied before the attack. The disadvantage is you can't get rid of damage that is already on. As for what to remove for the stadium, I would remove 1-2 draw supporters. 8.5 (I consider Kukui to be .5 because it's bad at draw) is more than enough when you have 4 Seekers. I would also personally run FFB over Choice Band as it gives extra bulk, but that is personal preference.
I should definitely run more than 1, yeah. I've picked Rough Seas as I fear more "passive" abilities for Stadiums and Tools both will be punished harder due to Field Blower coming around. Same deal with FFB vs Choice Band, the effect in the immediate there is more beneficial than FFB's.

Cut out Kukui, though. I'm not sure there's too much the damage would help me reach for and this is a deck that gets better benefits from other supporters.

Arizaiaz

Aspiring Trainer
Nice list! I came up with something very similar except I ran a 4th Koko, 2nd Ninja Boy, and 2 Max Potions. Theoretically, this should help cycle "used up" Kokos back into the deck for another Aero Trail swoop. You can even just Ninja Boy a damaged Koko on the bench into a Raikou to simply give up 1 prize and place that Koko back into the deck for another go at your opponent.

This style might warrant the use of Repeat Ball, since being able to pull off that combo then play Repeat ball (without needing to discard any cards) to immediately search out the Koko that was just Ninja Boy'd back into the deck and Aero Trail into the active for a fresh attacker all in one turn seems pretty strong.

MajoraMayhem

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Bit more of a shenanigans concept, but have you considered Max Potion in the deck? The idea is to throw down a Koko, take the energy off your damaged active, and then heal up. A bit situational, but it can be solid prize denial if we start leaning into two-shot formats.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Yeah, Max Potion is definitely something I should try to find time to figure out what to squeeze in.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Parallel city can be combined with recovery cards like super rods/a brock for the same net effect, removing damage from your field. Chances are you're not going to be that interested in reattaching energy to things you pull out with Koko on the short term anyways since everything in the deck needs 3 energy to operate.

Come to think of it, this is actually even better because a brock/super rod puts rescued Kokos back into your deck rather than keeping them on your bench, so you can continue the Koko Konga Line juggling those 3 L energies away from being put into discard from a KO. With a brock and 4 VS seekers, plus a couple of rods you could cycle Kokos almost indefinitely until a Alolan Muk comes in to ruin your day.

Last edited:

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Parallel city can be combined with recovery cards like super rods/a brock for the same net effect, removing damage from your field. Chances are you're not going to be that interested in reattaching energy to things you pull out with Koko on the short term anyways since everything in the deck needs 3 energy to operate.
This may probably be a better idea, too. Also helps clear away Shaymin or even Lele as needed.

MajoraMayhem

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member

Come to think of it, this is actually even better because a brock/super rod puts rescued Kokos back into your deck rather than keeping them on your bench, so you can continue the Koko Konga Line juggling those 3 L energies away from being put into discard from a KO. With a brock and 4 VS seekers, plus a couple of rods you could cycle Kokos almost indefinitely until a Alolan Muk comes in to ruin your day.
That has a nicer approach in theory, but it requires you to have a filled bench, and without using a Stadium remover you would be unable to chain that effect multiple turns in a row. Max Potion is a two-card combo, and has far less strain on your deck space (weird thing to say about a 3-4 off)

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
I'd also almost contemplate trying a build with Circle Circuit Raichu and the non-GX Koko just for lots of DCE hit and run nonsense on top of Lightning stuff, but with less focus on the GX Koko who'd just swoop in at the right time. Otherwise with the original build here, I kinda feel like it gets harder to stream attackers.

Last edited:

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Still trying to wrack my brain over nice partners for Koko GX... anyone else have ideas?

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Pokemon: 7
4 Tapu Koko GX
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Shaymin EX

Trainers: 42
2 Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
2 Lillie
2 Professor Kukui
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Max Elixir
4 Puzzle of Time
2 Max Potion
2 Field Blower
2 Rescue Stretcher
3 Choice Band
2 Aether Paradise Conservation Area

Energy: 11
11 Lightning

I did have some thoughts on a Quad-Koko style build. Only two of each supporter since Lele lets you toolbox them from the deck, then you can toolbox from the discard like normal.

I think Wobbuffet would be great here, but it gets in the way of Koko's ability so I'd also need a different way to pull it out of the active if I ran it.

Last edited:

Gustav

Aspiring Trainer
Why not use 1 jolteon? It auto wins you a lot of Mathea and can be really good both as starter and in random situations. Also i would consider running at least 3 maybe 4 aether paradise conservation area and 3 fighting fury belt instead of choice band to make you have 250 effective health so that you can ability attack again. I also don't see the space for both 2 kukui and 2 rescue stretcher (and I would prefer super rod before rescue strecher) and you NEED to use at least 1 or 2 of the new supporter acerola from sun and moon 2 +. She lets you pick up a pokemon with damage counters on it and all cards attached to it.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer

Alolan Muk really won't be much of a thing as long as silent lab/garbador are active in the rotation. Though I will admit, I'm thinking of running it in my deck with Wally for a possible Turn 1 Muk in certain matchups, but likely would have very limited utility for now.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Another easy energy acceleration you can consider is Electrode (EVO) while it does give up a prize it's worth it in most cases, and of course when SM3 comes out Acerola will be amazing in this deck

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Why not use 1 jolteon? It auto wins you a lot of Mathea and can be really good both as starter and in random situations. Also i would consider running at least 3 maybe 4 aether paradise conservation area and 3 fighting fury belt instead of choice band to make you have 250 effective health so that you can ability attack again. I also don't see the space for both 2 kukui and 2 rescue stretcher (and I would prefer super rod before rescue strecher) and you NEED to use at least 1 or 2 of the new supporter acerola from sun and moon 2 +. She lets you pick up a pokemon with damage counters on it and all cards attached to it.
Jolteon's still in the regular build but it's stuff I'm playing around with. Both Stadiums and Tools with more passive effects will be a lot less ideal with Field Blower around, and I'm honestly kind of iffy on Aether because it'd be cleaned up by opponent Stadiums anyway. Rescue Stretcher is still pretty great versus Super Rod just for that instant recycle of Lele or Shaymin. Acerola isn't relevant since this is for post-GUR, but whenever it's out it'll be awesome.

Another easy energy acceleration you can consider is Electrode (EVO) while it does give up a prize it's worth it in most cases, and of course when SM3 comes out Acerola will be amazing in this deck
I've always felt kind of iffy on Electrode EVO but I'd have to test it. A 2-2 line would probably be okay in a build that was light on single-prize attackers to make the knock out from its ability negligible.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Alolan Muk really won't be much of a thing as long as silent lab/garbador are active in the rotation. Though I will admit, I'm thinking of running it in my deck with Wally for a possible Turn 1 Muk in certain matchups, but likely would have very limited utility for now.

Field blower in SM2 puts a big damper on both Garbodor and Lab. Lab will 110% be rotating as well.

There's absolutely no way to deal with Alolan Muk once Lysandre rotates (and you really don't want to have to Lysandre to KO it even pre-rotation) and the card gives both Koko and Volcanion huge problems. Prior to rotation it also has utility against midgame Shaymins. Any deck that needs a good answer to those matchups will definitely consider running it.

As far as Electrode goes, I like the speed it provides but you can easily lose it to hammers. I could see it being okay in a mostly Koko focused deck since it lets you play a 7 prize game but if you're also including Raikous it'll be of diminished utility imo.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Field blower in SM2 puts a big damper on both Garbodor and Lab. Lab will 110% be rotating as well.

There's absolutely no way to deal with Alolan Muk once Lysandre rotates (and you really don't want to have to Lysandre to KO it even pre-rotation) and the card gives both Koko and Volcanion huge problems. Prior to rotation it also has utility against midgame Shaymins. Any deck that needs a good answer to those matchups will definitely consider running it.

As far as Electrode goes, I like the speed it provides but you can easily lose it to hammers. I could see it being okay in a mostly Koko focused deck since it lets you play a 7 prize game but if you're also including Raikous it'll be of diminished utility imo.

For sure. Once Lysander Rotates out it will be far more viable. You're not going to Lysander it out to get a KO though. With 4 retreat cost, it's a Lysander target to strand it in the active. Float Stone will be rotating soon as well meaning if you do run Muk, you need to run several copies of Switch or run a Solgaleo GX Deck.