• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard AquaBox (Primal Clash - Guardians Rising)

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
So, yeah I'm working on a AquaBox deck for standard, and I want some help with it. Mainly with how many Max Elixir and Aqua Patch. Yeah, here's the list:

AquaBox

Pokemon (10)
3x Lapras-GX
2x Palkia-EX
2x Manaphy-EX
2x Shaymin-EX
1x Glaceon-EX

Trainers (40)
4x Professor Sycamore
3x N
2x Lysandre
1x Hex Maniac
1x Ninja Boy

4x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
4x Trainers' Mail
4x Max Elixir
4x Aqua Patch
1x Field Blower
3x Energy Switch
3x Fighting Fury Belt

2x Rough Seas

Energy (10)
10x Water Energy

I'd appreciate help with the list, thanks!

Last edited:
Not really any reason to run Multi Switch over Energy Switch when you don't have any special energy. Consider a couple Choice Band for when you need to swing for extra.

Drop Articuno for Palkia EX. Aqua patch is an easy first turn Aqua Turbo, which can get your ball rolling really quick while laying down damage. Also take Dive Ball out entirely, you don't need that many Pokemon on board to get rolling. Never run Max Elixer at 3, it's 4 or 0. Finally, you rely on trainers for your speed, but have no trainers mail.

Drop:
-3 Multi Switch
-2 Articuno
-2 Dive Ball
-2 Water Energy
-1 Rough Seas
-1 Field Blower

Add:
+4 Trainers Mail
+3 Energy Switch
+2 Palkia EX
+1 Aqua Patch
+1 Max Elixer

Not really any reason to run Multi Switch over Energy Switch when you don't have any special energy. Consider a couple Choice Band for when you need to swing for extra.
Yeah, I was considering adding a couple of Choice Bands, but I didn't know what to remove. Do you have any suggestions?

Drop Articuno for Palkia EX. Aqua patch is an easy first turn Aqua Turbo, which can get your ball rolling really quick while laying down damage. Also take Dive Ball out entirely, you don't need that many Pokemon on board to get rolling. Never run Max Elixer at 3, it's 4 or 0. Finally, you rely on trainers for your speed, but have no trainers mail.

Drop:
-3 Multi Switch
-2 Articuno
-2 Dive Ball
-2 Water Energy
-1 Rough Seas
-1 Field Blower

Add:
+4 Trainers Mail
+3 Energy Switch
+2 Palkia EX
+1 Aqua Patch
+1 Max Elixer
Yep I agree with most of those changes, I was having issues with Max Elixir and Aqua Patch and couldn't find the right count. Thanks for the helps guys!

Back