News 'M Camerupt-EX and M Sharpedo-EX Premium Collections' in April!

Mega camerupt seems like a really great card. The mill won't affect you as your' deck is based around it, but your' opponent would surely be troubled by it. Even if we get 3 energy, it is 3 energy out of 6 cards not 3 because both decks are taking out cards, it would do 240 damage, which is not enough for this meta but still this is only if you have 50% of luck not considering the fact that you are also milling.
M sharpedo , again, would do only 240 damage in 2 hits. But because of Mega turbo and stuff, water patch is here but now it is dark -_- hopefully dark patch won't make a return soon, it can be loaded in 2 turns. Muk and dugtrio would be useless because it's about benched pokemon .

M Sharpedo is pretty good, it spreads damage, which can add up a lot over the course of the game. I think its best partner would just be weavile from STS. It can swap the spirit link for a Choice Band and really add up damage.

Im gonna have a lot of testing to do, because this is the deck that runs lots of energy denial. This can stack fat damage while sharpedo just stops energy flow

Heh, Sharpedo's cute. Not because it's a good card (it's really nothing special), but because they specifically made it work well with Aqua's Secret Base.

Camerupt's OK, but also not worth using. 4 energy is a lot, even disregarding the fact this thing's a Mega. I might've built a deck around it anyway, but being a box promo, that has NO chance. Those boxes are ridiculously expensive. Not worth it for a card that's mediocre at best.

MY EVALUATIONS
  • Mega Camerupt EX - I have to give him 2-3 Geodudes. Why? The attack is gosh darn expensive. Yes, I know Turbo, Elixir, this can be helped. But really? Well, the attack is also gosh darn intersting! Mill decks will be a bit better. In order to do this, you may run 15-20 Energy, like Typhlosion does. If the attack has 17% chance of discarding 6 Energy, 120+ 240 = 360. Awesome, but really most player's decks run lesser Energy than Camerupt's.
  • Mega Sharpedo EX - 3 Geodudes. This is good against bench sitters like Garbodor, and some attackers that has 1-2 RC. But this attack won't affect against "Speedy" Pokémon (those who have 0 RC)

>XY200

That sets the record for Black Star promos, right?

Considering the previous record was BW Promo 101, Genesect, we passed that... surprisingly only about a year ago. There have been so many promos in 2016, with the 20th anniversary, Pokemon GO hype, the introduction of having 4 prerelease promos, etc. etc.

Thank G, the first Black Star promo set in ages withoit a gap (BW still misses Pikachu and Raichu / DPPt misses two Arceus trainers). However, I'm still disappointed that they won't release Best of XY, and they didn't release CP4. The XY era is a mess!

Thank G, the first Black Star promo set in ages withoit a gap (BW still misses Pikachu and Raichu / DPPt misses two Arceus trainers). However, I'm still disappointed that they won't release Best of XY, and they didn't release CP4. The XY era is a mess!

I don't see why you consider those products not being released to be a mess. It would have been damaging to the game TO release them. The Japanese market is less concerned about game balance (they have less large tournaments than elsewhere, for example), so keeping so many things like that in format doesn't hurt them as much. Keeping things like Shaymin-EX in-format here would be a disastrous decision. Also, realistically, reprint sets simply don't do as well here. Of the four reprint sets we've had (Base Set 2, Legendary Collection, Call of Legends and Legendary Treasures), I'm pretty sure only Legendary Collection actually sold well. Certainly, judging by the number of later products that contained Call of Legends and Legendary Treasures packs, they had a lot of leftover stock.

Also, it's not like we get everything Japan does anyway. We didn't get anything from the Everyone's Exciting Battle set in BW, for instance. Of course, those were very basic, filler-level cards, so it's a little different. Plenty of other cards don't make it here, either.

Either way, I think it's clear that Pokemon is giving us as many of the cards from these kinds of sets as possible lately. (We got all the new cards from CP4, too.) So long as there isn't, say, an alternate art Shaymin-EX, this shouldn't be a problem. I would stop bringing this up, but really, some cards just need to go away forever. Shaymin-EX and Forest of Giant Plants are among them.

I love M Sharpedo. Then again, I'm also running Sharpedo/Alolan Dugtrio at the moment as a giggles deck, so I'm biased. Still, the concept is really nice.

M Camerupt looks bad attack-wise, looks worse art-wise, and honestly seems worse than normal Camerupt EX... oh well. Can't win them all.

-Asmer

M Sharpedo looks really fun. Alolan Dugtrio doesn't work with it however, you have to use Team Magma's Muk.

Ummm, unless the pack product image is wrong, I'm surprised nobody commented on how we're gonna be getting packs of Guardians Rising almost a month early before the set comes out...

If you look on the actual packaging, there aren't any Guardians Rising packs in the box. The image that shows all the packs is wrong.

I don't see why you consider those products not being released to be a mess. It would have been damaging to the game TO release them. The Japanese market is less concerned about game balance (they have less large tournaments than elsewhere, for example), so keeping so many things like that in format doesn't hurt them as much. Keeping things like Shaymin-EX in-format here would be a disastrous decision. Also, realistically, reprint sets simply don't do as well here. Of the four reprint sets we've had (Base Set 2, Legendary Collection, Call of Legends and Legendary Treasures), I'm pretty sure only Legendary Collection actually sold well. Certainly, judging by the number of later products that contained Call of Legends and Legendary Treasures packs, they had a lot of leftover stock.

Also, it's not like we get everything Japan does anyway. We didn't get anything from the Everyone's Exciting Battle set in BW, for instance. Of course, those were very basic, filler-level cards, so it's a little different. Plenty of other cards don't make it here, either.

Either way, I think it's clear that Pokemon is giving us as many of the cards from these kinds of sets as possible lately. (We got all the new cards from CP4, too.) So long as there isn't, say, an alternate art Shaymin-EX, this shouldn't be a problem. I would stop bringing this up, but really, some cards just need to go away forever. Shaymin-EX and Forest of Giant Plants are among them.
To add to this in Japan people only play BW-on and XY-on (I could be wrong though)

Well, I'm a collector. And CP4 for instance was all reverse and I really liked that about the set. I was really disappointed that they made (M) Beedrill EX a promo and that they didn't made an all reverse CP4 like subset. I think I'm going to collect Best of XY in japanese.

So M-Sharpedo is a slightly better/worse version of M-Gallade. I like it. I'm still going to play that M-Gallade Forretress deck for fun in expanded, thanks to dimension valley, but I really do like M-Sharpedo's effect. It's quite interesting, maybe I'll even experiment with it some time.

I doubt either of these will be competetive but Megan sharpest is definetly interesting an drew the better of the two

These are two less in the unused Mega Evolutions list for the Pokémon TCG. Although we will still be missing: Mega Pinsir, Mega Banette, Mega Abomasnow, Mega Latias, Mega Lopunny and Mega Medicham. I still feel like plans were made for a Mega Pinsir-EX (as well as a Pinsir-EX) to be released in Furious Fists but were scrapped (maybe the attack/art had a problem that forced them to). As for Mega Latias-EX, Roaring Skies could have brought it into the game but there must have already been enough Mega Evolution cards (four in fact) in that set.

Back