News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

Justis

Aspiring Trainer
IMO I looks a lot better than the Solgaleo/Lunala, but I don't think I will get one this time around.

Otaku

The wise fool?
So would Pokemon ranger stop Minior from knocking it'self out?
It won't. Because ranger only removes existing effects, and all effects from attacks that happen AFTER ranger is being played will still count. So because minior damages itself right after it's attack, it can not be stopped by Pokemon Ranger.

Not quite, TotoBoss: you're right about almost everything, including the final conclusion that Pokémon Ranger won't help Minior survive. Just in case there is something that can, I want to be precise for the sake of Master Shuckle.

"Cosmosplosion" has an effect that automatically KO's whatever uses the attack, instead of damaging or even placing damage counters upon that Pokémon. The specific timing is that Minior KO's itself by the end of Step F* of attacking (as opposed to after its attack). Doesn't change the basis of your reasoning, though; Pokémon Ranger removes all effects of attacks that currently reside on both players and their Pokémon, but Minior doesn't place an effect on either; it has an effect that is done and resolved during Step F.

If Master Shuckle is interested in a Minior that can survive Cosmosplosion, he'll need to find an effect that blocks the effects of attacks made by your own Pokémon.

*See page 20 of the Sun & Moon rulebook.

MegaCentral

Aspiring Trainer
Tutn 1 Vileplume, and a choice band. 120 Damage for 1 DCE and 3 trainer cards in your opponent's hand. Play this with eeveelutions from AOR, and you can do 240 to Volcanion, or Rayquaza, and when facing Mega Mewtwo, they have to waste a turn mega evolving if you go first and item lock first turn.

TotoBoss

Kappa
Field blower = TOOL REMOVER. Finally!

Edit: that Alolan Ninetales is super nice looking. All though I'm not a huge fan of hyper rares myself. Since the art on the fa will likely be the same as the art, I really have something to look forward to :)

Edit 2: Okay so I never expected SR Aqua patch. Now I love this card as a current waterbox player (sadly I can't afford to play in all bling and stuff irl) but still It's very nice to see.

Last edited:

Miatog

Go ahead, pet the owl. He doesn't bite....mice...
Advanced Member
Rescue Stretcher is going to be a good card for M Ray. Not as good as a Karen but has the plus of being an item.
As well as any deck that runs a limited number of helpful/needed pokemon. There goes my Maniphy...oh hey it's back in play!

Gother

Aspiring Trainer
Metagross is really interesting. Attaching a psychic or metal energy from the discard pile to the active Pokemon every turn can be huge with the new MEWTWOJIRACHI GX. Also, Garbodor hitting for 20x the number of items in the opponent's discard pile for a single energy has also a lot of potential.

But here we go again, Psychic Pokemon receiving too much attention...

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
It's kinda funny that of all those Trainers, the only actually NEW one is Energy Loto. Which you would think we'd have gotten an analogue to by now, given Master Ball/Great Ball and Pokegear 3.0 were things.

Shame none of them are direct reprints.

Nothing too interesting thus far (well, Field Blower's a thing, but it was pretty obvious we'd get SOME form of Tool removal eventually, so it's not exactly an exciting card), hopefully the cool stuff's still out there.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
New Tool remover is such a blessing right now. Plus the added bonus of Stadium removal as well!

And I hope things get better for you, Jon! <3

Miatog

Go ahead, pet the owl. He doesn't bite....mice...
Advanced Member
Energy Loto, the Max Elixir's unwanted child. Does the exact same thing, but to the hand instead of straight to a pokemon.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
So many new cards! They will break my Pidgeot deck for sure. Looking forward to tool removal too. Also the reprint of Pokemon Retrieval is super nice too. Nice to see the last ex format cards coming back.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Energy Loto, the Max Elixir's unwanted child. Does the exact same thing, but to the hand instead of straight to a pokemon.
Max Elixir is:
Look at the top 6, search for a Basic Energy to Basic pokemon on the Bench.

It's far more restrictive.
Could be used to get specials, increases the view count from 6 to 7, and isn't forced to attach to a benched basic.