News Strengthening Expansion Pack, Best of XY Pack, and Ash VS Team Rocket Deck!

TheScarfedPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
A single Aqua Patch can help recharge Tapu Fini's Hydro shoot in 1 turn!
You just need a water energy to attach this turn (which you are guaranteed to get through Space Beacon) and ta-da! You can snipe for 120HP again.
That being said, its GX attack is a bit... situational.
But I'll give Tapu Fini a solid 5/7.

Last edited:

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
I guess TPC loves Darkrai uh? Gosh, I wished this format to be more Stage 1/Stage 2 oriented but nope, let's print super fast and overpowered basic cards again... I can't really see the difference between those GX's and the EX's.

ABSOLutely

Aspiring Trainer
If they must make dark disgustingly powerful (again), can't they just make Absol GX so I can have fun playing it too. I'm so sick of seeing Yveltal and Darkrai all the time.

WastedSkyPirate

Are we going to have a brief period of time when Darkrai-EX (BKP) and Darkrai-GX (SM2) are both legal? Resurrection is another great way of getting more Energy on the board for Dark Pulse.

DaGod503

Aspiring Trainer
I think they are releasing some big basics to not make it dominant but something there to use but I think it's going to be a sun and moon on rotation still I'm getting these cards if fit play or collection purposes

Leric

Aspiring Trainer
I think they are releasing some big basics to not make it dominant but something there to use but I think it's going to be a sun and moon on rotation still I'm getting these cards if fit play or collection purposes

There is zero chance that we start the 2017-18 season with 3 sets in standard. It's not going to happen, so don't get your hopes up.

Gamerdynasty4ever

Aspiring Trainer
Tapu fini+water patch= good deck??

The cards from the SM sets might interest me in making a deck online to play on TCGO...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalton

Aspiring Trainer
The Darkrai GX will be amazing in my Rainbow Road deck. Also it will be amazing in M Gardevoir and M Ray to fill the bench.

Weavile GX

Nebby!
I'm starting to feel bad about japanese collectors. Pokemon releasing two main sets and then a strengthening expansion pack set will e extremely hard to complete! Darkrai is Good.

DaGod503

Aspiring Trainer
There is zero chance that we start the 2017-18 season with 3 sets in standard. It's not going to happen, so don't get your hopes up.
But have you noticed these sets are huge but hey we never know it might happen it might not and my hopes aren't up it's just a prediction calm down

Leric

Aspiring Trainer
But have you noticed these sets are huge but hey we never know it might happen it might not and my hopes aren't up it's just a prediction calm down

Well it would be completely unprecedented, for one.

Second, there's no way they want a format that only has 3 sets to work from. It would just be incredibly unhealthy for the game. Set size has nothing to do with it, as sets are 75% filler for the most part.

DaGod503

Aspiring Trainer
Well it would be completely unprecedented, for one.

Second, there's no way they want a format that only has 3 sets to work from. It would just be incredibly unhealthy for the game. Set size has nothing to do with it, as sets are 75% filler for the most part.

Ok whatever you say we'll see come September

Miatog

Go ahead, pet the owl. He doesn't bite....mice...
Advanced Member
I can't disagree more. If they DON'T do it we're looking at the meta largely the same as we have now. Especially if half the expected cards I've heard for the Best of XY set reprints are right. That reprint set might even mean we don't see ANY change to the meta, just a few decks with extra SM cards. We would be much better off IMO if we cut down to Evolutions at a minimum.

Aggie_Brad

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Darkrai gets charged up in one turn after resurrecting with help of Max Elixir and energy for turn for 130 is nice. 2HKO for BIG GX like Decidueye GX, Solgaleo GX, etc. Play a Poison Barb on charged up Darkrai GX and if it gets damaged, then hit with the GX attack for KO next turn for prize(s). Not bad!