News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

fr33land

Weak competitive trainer.
Lots of leaf types to hit them for weakness? Or maybe not so much since they seem to be Ice types.

killrnite

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Boom!!! Primarina just became viable and quite the interesting play. Unfortunately, poor typing at the moment but with FOGP rotating (probably) grass becomes a little bit less of a concern.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Avalugg (STS 37) just became a lot more viable. Combine it with Mallow and you can mill at least 6 cards per turn.

Yog

Rogue
Called it.

I feel like between this and Primarina-GX and a few other high attachment [W] mons, there must be some kind of nu-Blastoise card on the horizon. Unless we are supposed to be healing off all damage until Golduck Break can come into play. Very odd.

..kinda.

gj8A3bC.gif

SirKnight

Securing the win
I suppose the biggest issue with Dark Patch was that Battle Compressor made it completely stupid (also there's not a big bulky basic standard Water Pokemon doing more damage for each energy attached)
No pokemon fit those requirements in standard right now... but primarina gx though! :D

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!! Will actually buy three of the fullarts from ebay because it's my favorite Pokemon as a GX.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
It does seem like it's not in these sets. I'm assuming it will appear in the SM2+ expansion, since it is featured on the pack artwork (along with the rest of the Tapus, Lycanroc Midnight and Darkrai), so there is a possibility of it appearing in our third set.
See? Bulu and Fini will be on the Necrozma set. Well, Bulu has its own Tin.

MY EVALUATIONS
  • Aqua Patch - I am listening to @google's video right now. This is good! Lapras, Primal Fish, and some Water Pokemon love it! <3

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Wow... Aqua Patch will really be quite useful for a first turn Palkia-EX setup - which could be a great engine for lots of water strategies. Now, figuring out the best way to integrate it into a competitive deck... That will still be very tricky, given the meta is so much about minimal energy, energy denial, or the 'X-ball' effect against opponents.

Miatog

Go ahead, pet the owl. He doesn't bite....mice...
Advanced Member
That first attack is.....interesting...I'm not sure it'll do much though. It seems like people are trying to dump trainers out of their hands as fast as possible...