• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lycanrox GX Deck (Post Guardians Rising)

FoolMeNever2

Aspiring Trainer
So, after seeing the Midnight Lycanroc that's coming in GR, and the Lyncaroc we currently have, I knew once the new set rolls around I'd be dropping Lurantis in favor of this or Tapu Koko depending on either's viability. Anyway, I put together a very rough idea of what I'd run when the set releases. Obviously I'm very open to feedback here, as it's just a basic concept.

Pokemon: 15

4x Rockruff (SM-06)
2x Lycanroc GX (SM-14)
2x Lycanroc GX (Midnight)
2x Regirock EX (FC-43)
1x Zygarde EX (FC-54)
1x Carbink (FC-49) (Energy Keeper)
1x Carbink (FC-50) (Safeguard)
2x Carbink Break (FC-51)

Trainers/Supporters: 34

4x Ultra Ball
2x VS Seeker
3x Trainers' Mail
3x Acro Bike
2x Float Stone
1x Escape Rope
1x Special Charge
4x Devolution Spray
4x Crushing Hammer

---------------------------

4x Sycamore
2x N
2x Lysandre
2x Team Flare Grunt

Energy: 11

2x Strong Energy
2x Double Colorless Energy
7x Fighting Energy

Lycanroc-GX – Fighting – HP200
Stage 1 – Evolves from Rockruff

Ability: Bloody Eye
When you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon, you may switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon with their Active Pokemon.

[F][C][C] Claw Swipe: 110 damage.

[F][C] Death Rogue GX: 50x damage. Does 50 damage times the number of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

The basic concept is to disrupt the enemy as much as possible between Lycanroc Midday's Crunch, Lycanroc Midnight's Bloody Eye (which essentially gives me multiple Lysandre's thanks to VS Seeker and Devolution Spray), and Crushing Hammer/Team Flare. The two DCE are there for the times that I end up needing to attack with Lycanroc Midnight rather than Lycanroc Midday.

(Also, as a sidenote, I don't own any Shaymins/more VS seekers at the moment. Once I do (and I don't get the Shaymin before it rotates out) I'll probably end up adding them to the deck at some point)

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I'd drop devo spray to 2 and up VS seeker to 4. I agree that devo spray Lycanrock will be great post rotation since we'll be hurting for good ways to chase for 2HKOs, but right now being able to recover any supporter is probably going to be more useful in most situations than having just an extra lysandre effect (since of course you could just choose to take that with a vs seeker if you needed it anyways).

A variant of this deck concept could be really fun in expanded with Korrina. The main issue I see with this strategy is that if you want to chain together lycanrock snipes or use a lycanrock snipe the same turn you get a devo spray, you need an unevolved rockruff on the bench since you can't same turn devolve/evolve the same one. Making plays across 2 turns in this game is extremely inconsistent due to the omnipresent threat of N just shuffling your next turn's cards away. That's especially bad if you're trying to get that last prize snipe in, devo your lycanrock and you get N'd down to 2 or 1 the next turn.

And this wouldn't be an issue in a deck with 4 rockruff if not for the fact that you also want to use your rockruffs for a day lycanrock. So if one's prized you might run into a bottleneck pretty quickly. I'd recommend going heavier into Zygarde, dropping day lycanrock and using your lycanrock nights as stalling tools. Hell, you might even consider something silly like Groudon-Primal, there's a kind of synergy there in that they can't lysandre it in while you're constantly manipulating their active/bench, stalling for your Groudons to come online.

You can even use devo spray to deny prizes on lycanrocks you have tanking for zygardes/groudons and switch them out. Something I love doing with devo sprays on GX cards is when I have a GX that's going to be KO'd the next turn, I devo spray it, let them take the single prize for the basic, then promote a powered up and healthy active, and have the GX card to evolve a basic if I have one. And if you have Ns or Ace Trainers, making them take the prize on your turn lets you disrupt their hand while they have fewer prizes remaining than you.

TrevGallade

Trevterra!!!
This deck has potential. Honestly, the only recommendation I have at the moment is a way to boost consistency, and will work with your deck since it's post Guardians Rising and doesn't seem to be on a budget since you're thinking of using Shaymin EX.

-1 Zygarde (The Pokémon I recommend switching it with is also a decent backup attacker)

+1 Tapu Lele GX
Tapu Lele-GX – Psychic – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Wonder Touch
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for a Supporter card, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then shuffle your deck.

[C][C] Energy Drive: Does 20 damage times the number of Energy attached to both Active Pokemon. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance.

[P] Kapu Cure GX: Restore all HP to 2 of your Benched Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: none
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Tapu Lele GX is an amazing Pokémon, being the "next Shaymin." It's ability let's you search your deck for a supporter card when you play it from your hand to your bench (basically a new Jirachi EX). And Tapu Lele GX is more than just a bench sitter. For 2 colorless, you can hit for 20 times the amount of energy attached to both active Pokémon (similar to Xball Mewtwo, but it isn't affected by weakness). Altogether, Tapu Lele is an amazing (at least) 1 of consistency card, that I highly recommend. If you don't want to switch Zygarde for any reason, or perhaps want a second Tapu Lele, than I recommend cutting cards like 1 Trainer's Mail that just add a little consistency. My reasoning behind this is that Tapu Lele almost grantees that you will get the supporter you want at a moments notice, so you don't have to try so hard digging for supporters. Hope this helps!:)

FoolMeNever2

Aspiring Trainer

I should clarify; while this is all theoretical (and I definitely agree I should probs add a Tapu Lele or 2), I am technically running on a budget, especially since I just had to drop 125 bucks on a computer repair. I probably should've mentioned that I don't own any shaymins/more VS Seekers because I can't afford them lol

Kietharr said:

To be fair, the goal of this deck isn't so much to constantly chase ko's but rather constantly disrupt and chip away, but I do see where you're coming from, and I probably would drop devo sprays in favor of VS Seekers if I had access to them. The rest is definitely something to think about if I ever run this deck in an expanded tournament. (my access to tournaments is a bit limited atm, as mentioned by the lack of funds up top.)

Last edited:

TrevGallade

Trevterra!!!
I should clarify; while this is all theoretical (and I definitely agree I should probs add a Tapu Lele or 2), I am technically running on a budget, especially since I just had to drop 125 bucks on a computer repair. I probably should've mentioned that I don't own any shaymins/more VS Seekers because I can't afford them lol
ahh, sorry. I guess I misunderstood the bottom of you're original post. Anyways, if disruption is a part of your strategy, I recommend trying to make room for Team Skull Grunt and Delinquent. Since you don't run any stadiums, Delinquent can a), shrink your opponent's hand size, b), eliminate their stadium (which could be vital against decks like Mega Rayquaza, Rainbow Road, Vileplume, and anything running Forest of Giant Plants), and is can just be purely annoyingly disruptive for your opponent. Team Skull Grunt is nice, because it allows you to discard both energy on the board, and energy in their hand (one side note is to only use one Skull Grunt if you do, since it is clunky, and you have 2 VS seekers). I honestly have no clue where you would find the space, especially without playing the deck and getting a feel for how it runs, but it's something I think you should try to consider. Hope this helps! :)

FoolMeNever2

Aspiring Trainer
ahh, sorry. I guess I misunderstood the bottom of you're original post. Anyways, if disruption is a part of your strategy, I recommend trying to make room for Team Skull Grunt and Delinquent. Since you don't run any stadiums, Delinquent can a), shrink your opponent's hand size, b), eliminate their stadium (which could be vital against decks like Mega Rayquaza, Rainbow Road, Vileplume, and anything running Forest of Giant Plants), and is can just be purely annoyingly disruptive for your opponent. Team Skull Grunt is nice, because it allows you to discard both energy on the board, and energy in their hand (one side note is to only use one Skull Grunt if you do, since it is clunky, and you have 2 VS seekers). I honestly have no clue where you would find the space, especially without playing the deck and getting a feel for how it runs, but it's something I think you should try to consider. Hope this helps! :)

I'm gonna be totally honest here; I thought Delinquent was only in expanded lol I will definitely at least one. I considered Skull Grunt, but ultimately decided against it and added the second flare grunt. Once GR actually comes out, I'll be able to do some testing and see how it works comparatively.

universe18943

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the decklist and multiple ideas to change it up. In my version, I am considering putting a professor Kukui in or maybe even an Ilima. Something for more draw support. Heck, maybe even a Rotom Dex to mix up prizes!

To add on to this thought, some cards will be going OoR (Out of Rotation) soon and those cards matter a while. These are the cards in this deck: Lysandre, Team Flare Grunt, Escape Rope (I believe), Acro Bike, Trainers Mail, and VS Seeker. It hurts. A lot. New draw support will be needed, so that's where the cards I named previously from Sun and Moon will be sort of useful. Hope this helps.

TrevGallade

Trevterra!!!
Thanks for the decklist and multiple ideas to change it up. In my version, I am considering putting a professor Kukui in or maybe even an Ilima. Something for more draw support. Heck, maybe even a Rotom Dex to mix up prizes!

To add on to this thought, some cards will be going OoR (Out of Rotation) soon and those cards matter a while. These are the cards in this deck: Lysandre, Team Flare Grunt, Escape Rope (I believe), Acro Bike, Trainers Mail, and VS Seeker. It hurts. A lot. New draw support will be needed, so that's where the cards I named previously from Sun and Moon will be sort of useful. Hope this helps.
Actually, Flare Grunt won't rotate. It's in Generations.

TrevGallade

Trevterra!!!
Oh sorry my bad. Didn't see that.
Yeah, but you did make some good points. Since so many cards will rotate out so soon after Guardians Rising (It might be 3 months, but that's not the most amount of time) I recommend that FoolMeNever2 find more consistency cards. Guardians Rising might come out with a few, and Trainer's Mail might not rotate if the next Battle Arena Deck makes it a promo, but that still means that post rotation this deck will be left without a large part of it's engine. I would take the advice universe put, with cards like Kukui and Illima.

universe18943

Aspiring Trainer
I've recently looked up some Lycanroc GX decklists and nothing quite matches this one. None of the other ones use Lycanroc GX Midnight. They all use the other Pokemon, though. 2 different Carbink, 2 Carbink BREAK. 1-2 Zygarde EX. 1-2 Regirock EX.The only difference, as I said earlier, is Lycanroc GX Midnight. One of the multiple that I looked up had 2 Unknown, but they never did anything. I think this decklist will be one of the best with some small tweaks (Okay maybe some big tweaks). Seriously man, run this in competitive and this could sweep! Nice decklist. Keep it up on making these!

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
I would add some Enhanced Hammers (1 or 2) and I would also take out one Midnight Lycanroc.