News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

Oh for reals? Let's go! Time to make these coin flip decks again! Time to make this pincer deck great

Interesting. I do feel this Ability was never really utilized since cards weren't designed to work well with it. Maybe it will see come competitive play.

Not much of a fan of it outside decks that have 'flip a coin, if heads x happens, if tails y happens.' since improving your results from the first go round decreases with each coin you have to flip. Flipping 1 heads is 50%, flipping 2 is 25%, 3 is 16.7%(I rounded up so no complaints from anyone), 4 is 12.5%, etc

Weakness to fire? It sounds strange :s

I definately like the design though I don't like the card :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I do feel this Ability was never really utilized since cards weren't designed to work well with it. Maybe it will see come competitive play.

It better not see competitive play. Games that can be lost on flips alone are not my idea of a good format.

That said, I love the gimmick options it opens up.

Looks to be an awesome card

Doesn't look like a real Pokémon on the artwork. More like a stuffed animal

Like the artwork on these two cards quite alot

Last edited by a moderator:
So, for a single coin flip and Victory Star, you've got a 75% chance of getting at least one heads (the possibilities are: 2 tails, one heads on first flip, one heads on second flip, or two heads = 3/4 possibilities of getting at least one heads).

I don't think that's any less luck based than the rest of the TCG tbh, the best decks make things as consistent as possible, and 75% is not bad. For instance, an opening hand with either a Sycamore or an Ultra Ball (for Shaymin-EX) I believe is roughly the same–unless I really botched that math, which I wouldn't put past myself.

...anyway TL;DR it's just putting chance in a different place, not really making the game all that much more luck based.

MY EVALUATIONS!
  • V-Flip Victini - It is finally back! Coin flip decks are also back, tnx to this guy!

Victini was good and poses itself to be good. This is a huge bump to mega charizard (x) - ex (generations one)
Honestly it's debatable and it depends on your viewpoint on it. If you think the pros out-weigh the cons of the card.

Yes my little fervent fox is back in standard with a quasi-playable ability. This is a great year in Pokemon!;)

Yo can we just talk about how Dewgong Mill is gonna be the new best deck in the format lol. But honestly this card is going to being some annoying decks to the meta in my opinion.

Back