News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

MetalPharoah

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, this looks to be quite promising :D

The set does in fact release in August, so that part needs to be fixed. Sets for the TCG outside of Japan are: February, May, August, November. It will be interesting to see what our November set will be since the previous 3 sets are looking pretty good.

The Sun and Moon base set had over 140 cards, Guardians Rising the same, and it looks quite possible for SM3. I hope this is a continual pattern!

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
It's about time Ho-Oh got some movie love. Now my only hope is the card doesn't suck and that I get a new Pidgeot card to mess around with. I hope Ho-Oh is a fire type because Grass and Metal are going to be OP.
It was only a matter of time, Ho-Oh was the first main legendary/ mascot to appear in the series canon and it is now the last to debut in the film series. Pokémon's spiritual equivalent conceptually to that of Uroboros, the most beautiful legendary can finally come full circle after every other legendary appearence has been made, even if it's a repeat of the same story of EP#1 that makes this films plot seem paradoxical compared to the others (exluding First Movie Mewtwo's MK Ultra clone battle project).

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I really can't wait to see what'll appear in these two sets! One thing I'm hoping for though, is that the Ho-Oh-GX card will have artwork by 5ban Graphics or Planeta, since both EX's had artwork by Eske Yoshinob and they look, well lets just say, not good (imo anyways). Hoping for a Ho-Oh Full Art a la the one we got in BREAKpoint, because that one was gorgeous :3

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
I kind of hope that Necrozma has a role to play in the movie, and if there is going to be a Necrozma-GX, let's hope it is something good...

lkmdude

Aspiring Trainer
If Ho-Oh is the rainbow Pokemon, and it is featured on the pack art... That must mean that they are doing a reprint of double rainbow energy. (Just kidding the meta would break)

Nyora

A Cat
Ha, turns out that Necrozma is going to be 10x better than Tapu Lele! I'm going to need?..

A charity?

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I like how we're getting into a bidding war regarding the amount of secret rares this set will have.
Yeah! Prof. Lev's comment amused me. But seeing your comment after posting mine, I had to add to it. :D
Can you feel that hybrid rainbow ! Also nth for rip wallet
Can you feel?

Honestly, I'm considering buying a booster box or two of this set just because of how similar it seems to the main chorus of Hybrid Rainbow! Ha ha.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Just bring back Strong Energy, DDE, the like. I will be fine. And also VS Seeker. The Necrozma Set is release in English in August, the month of standard rotation. So I am bit worried.

I love Ho-oh but don't give us a Ho-oh with 4 Different Basic Energy attack.

500 SR, FA, RnR, whatever is so very exaggerated.

I call it Sun&Moon - Rainbow Prism

Last edited:

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Just bring back Strong Energy, DDE, the like. I will be fine. And also VS Seeker. The Necrozma Set is release in English in September, the month of standard rotation. So I am bit worried.

I love Ho-oh but don't give us a Ho-oh with 4 Different Basic Energy attack.

500 SR, FA, RnR, whatever is so very exaggerated.

I call it Sun&Moon - Rainbow Prism
No... This set comes out in August in the US Sets always release on February, May, August, and November

TheRealBro..

Looks to be an interesting set. Love how they keep making references to the good old days of Pokemon. One of the reasons I still like this franchise so much. Things changed, but also stayed the same!

Also love the new rainbow rares (although I really hate the regular GX style). The rainbows remind me a lot of the secret rare Dialga which was/is awesome as ... Maybe a bit overboard on the number of SR's, but it's better than those boring early sets of Gen 4/5.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
Also love the new rainbow rares (although I really hate the regular GX style).

I feel the opposite. I loathe the full art and rainbow gx's i can understand the appeal of their simplicity but i find them ugly and boring. Good trade fodder though.

A secret rare rainbow energy might be a bit on the nose but i love the secret rare energies so bring it.

PIXELMAGE

Pokemon and Anime Loving Memelord
Young Charlie was opening a pack of Pokemon cards when he exclaimed, "I just received a golden ticket!" Upon closer inspection, Young Charlie realized that what he was holding in his hand was not a golden ticket. "Oh wait no, just a stupid Ho-Oh Rainbow rare." Charlie ripped the glossy and holographic card in two and threw it in a trash can. "Dang, I wish I could visit Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory..." Then Charlie, upon researching the card he maimed on the internet, face slapped himself because he just ripped up a card that only 500 of it existed.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Seeing these two side-by-side really shows the direction that Pokémon has gone with their franchise. From realistic, majestic, rainbow bird to monochromatic, triangular thing.