News 'Sun & Moon' Card Rulings!

I dislike the ruling on Clefairy while yes it is the text of the card I just don't really like it....although using GX attacks over and over would be broken

I dislike the ruling on Clefairy while yes it is the text of the card I just don't really like it....although using GX attacks over and over would be broken

yeah. once u use a gx attack and flip that coin, that settles it. if u gx coin is flipped, metrone/mew, any "copy" attacker cant use a gx attack because ur coin is flipped. i agree with the ruling but understand the confusion i wondered this at first too:)

yeah. once u use a gx attack and flip that coin, that settles it. if u gx coin is flipped, metrone/mew, any "copy" attacker cant use a gx attack because ur coin is flipped. i agree with the ruling but understand the confusion i wondered this at first too:)

Also Zoroark Break :(
don't like but make sense

This is definitely interesting. We have rainbow Deluge in an attack, one-card Hooligans Jim and Cas, Hand Scope, and Foul Play Zoroark.

Also, that rainbow Gumshoos GX is beautiful. It's absolutely amazing and I really hope I pull one sometime.

Clefairy is only 40hp. Using metronome for unlimited GX moves should be allowed especially since its three colourless energy requirement as well.

Who flips the coin?

Clefairy is only 40hp. Using metronome for unlimited GX moves should be allowed especially since its three colourless energy requirement as well.

Who flips the coin?
The GX rule is an effect on the player, not an effect the Pokémon card. When you use a GX attack, no matter how you invoke it, it uses up your GX counter, not the Pokémon's GX counter. Regardless of how good or bad a given Pokémon is. You're gonna see a lot of Pokémon GX that are good, bad, and just plain useless, same as we have had with EX. We didn't start saying 'well in all honesty this EX is awful so you just get the 1 card.' 2 Prize cards each time.

Same idea here.

Who flips the coin?

Clefairy was just an example. It's a much bigger deal for a card like Fates Collide Mew, Zoroark BREAK or Mew-EX. It's still pretty broken on Clefairy, though, since they're mostly designed to be super-powerful. Being able to get multiple in one game of some of them would be a huge deal.

I'm not sure I fully understand the burned ruling.

if two damage counters would knock a pokemon out when it is burned, does the coin flip bring it back? (assuming the condition is "healed") or does the original placement of damage counters seal the deal?

I'm not sure I fully understand the burned ruling.

if two damage counters would knock a pokemon out when it is burned, does the coin flip bring it back? (assuming the condition is "healed") or does the original placement of damage counters seal the deal?

First put the two damages counters, if the pokemon was knock out by the damage, there is no reason to flip the coin, the new one will not be burned.

Ok Steenee on beanch and Deevolution spray(or something with some effect) (AZ) and Forest ,Tsareena in hand
Evolve Tsareena, Discard a card. Deevolution spray and evolve the some turn i can discard 2nd card of the opponent deck?

During your next turn, you may attach as many Energy as you like from your hand to your Pokemon. (Dragonair)
The Dragon’s Wish effect resides on the player, not on the Pokemon What do you mean? i can put all my enegry On any pokemon i liked? Even if is no Dratiny line? So i can attach my energy(special or basics) from hand Saymin Ex attached again, N(or any other draw power), attach again on any pokemon i wish(no multiple just the some), (even if this doesn't on play) from a single corroless attack on a Stage 1 pokemon that is no even a GX attack?

EDIT: If yes he looks like Magnezone ability from Light Pokemon

Last edited:
Ok Steenee on beanch and Deevolution spray(or something with some effect) (AZ) and Forest ,Tsareena in hand
Evolve Tsareena, Discard a card. Deevolution spray and evolve the some turn i can discard 2nd card of the opponent deck?

During your next turn, you may attach as many Energy as you like from your hand to your Pokemon. (Dragonair)
The Dragon’s Wish effect resides on the player, not on the Pokemon What do you mean? i can put all my enegry On any pokemon i liked? Even if is no Dratiny line? So i can attach my energy(special or basics) from hand Saymin Ex attached again, N(or any other draw power), attach again on any pokemon i wish(no multiple just the some), (even if this doesn't on play) from a single corroless attack on a Stage 1 pokemon that is no even a GX attack?

EDIT: If yes he looks like Magnezone ability from Light Pokemon

Once you've used the attack, the Pokemon that used it is completely irrelevant. It just makes it so during your next turn, instead of 1 attachment, you have unlimited. I think you're overestimating it a little, though. Aside from the fact that you can use Special Energy with this (which gives it some niches I guess), this is actually much SLOWER than a Pokemon like Boundaries Crossed Blastoise or Breakthrough Magnezone since it requires you to use an attack. It's also a once-off, unlike a Pokemon like Blastoise or Magnezone, which you can do on multiple turns. It's realistically not going to see any play, especially after Double Dragon Energy rotates.

I wish the site which allows me to play TCG for free still updating, I want to play all of those cards in Sun&Moon. Does it mean that someone plays Premise Gumshoes?

Once you've used the attack, the Pokemon that used it is completely irrelevant. It just makes it so during your next turn, instead of 1 attachment, you have unlimited. I think you're overestimating it a little, though. Aside from the fact that you can use Special Energy with this (which gives it some niches I guess), this is actually much SLOWER than a Pokemon like Boundaries Crossed Blastoise or Breakthrough Magnezone since it requires you to use an attack. It's also a once-off, unlike a Pokemon like Blastoise or Magnezone, which you can do on multiple turns. It's realistically not going to see any play, especially after Double Dragon Energy rotates.
Tnx you from the information. I just try to understand (on theory) the effect of this attack and no to tell that this card is "baned or overpower". On action we see soon if this attack is powerfull or not(probable not) And sorry if you i "attack" on forum.

In other words, you can use one type of GX-move (or copy a GX-move), but you can use a certain GX-move more than once per game, as long as, say, you use Switch to move another Gumshoos GX to be your Active Pokémon?

In other words, you can use one type of GX-move (or copy a GX-move), but you can use a certain GX-move more than once per game, as long as, say, you use Switch to move another Gumshoos GX to be your Active Pokémon?

The reference is to Gumshoos' ability, Search the Premises, not its GX move, only one GX move may be used per player per game, but more than one ability may be used per turn, even if they have the same name (unless otherwise stated on the card/in the ability). If you have 2 in play, you can use one, see what they have in their hand, use N/Illama, then check their hand again.

I wish the site which allows me to play TCG for free still updating, I want to play all of those cards in Sun&Moon. Does it mean that someone plays Premise Gumshoes?

There is always the official Pokémon TCG Online; while you've got to earn most of your cards, it doesn't have to be through investing money. I've got a massive collection on there, and while it has been a sizable time investment, I haven't spent a dime. FYI, that includes four Shaymin-EX (ROS) cards (three regular and one FA), so it isn't like I'm just building budget deck after budget deck.

Obviously, this is nowhere near as convenient as the totally free (and sometimes legally questionable) online programs. They are wonderful for testing out cards you do not have or allowing you to easily replicate your physical deck. The PTCGO can do the latter, but redemption codes just unlock a semi-randomized booster that corresponds to said pack, not one that contains the exact same cards. Of course, if you are already buying physical product first hand (meaning you have redemption codes), I see no reason to not at least dabble in the PTCGO.

Back