News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
Gotta say, those Energy are darn pretty. I hope you can get them in Reverse Holo. That would make my Rainbow Road deck that much more beautiful ♥

Also, that RH pattern is sick. I need it in my life, like, right now.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY OBSERVATIONS
  • They did my wish of having an 11-card pack, because the Jap was revamped the packaging of SM Packs, the English must be as well
  • The FA GXs were switched place on the reverse holos.
  • The Reverse Holos were so pretty adorable.
  • Water Holos are so adorable also.
  • If you are a YouTuber, doing pack openings like this. The pack trick was 3-3 or 4 from the back, because the Energy Cards are after the Rare Cards.
@Asclepius24 , we Adapt the Yellow border thing since Base Set. Accept the reality

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm... The lack of a set symbol is really weird. Though it is extremely obvious WHY that's been done. They plan to do this with every set going forward, not just Sun/Moon, and this way they don't need to artificially inflate the set sizes by 9 every time.

Also, personally, I don't get why people hate the yellow border so much. It actually improves the look of the Sun/Moon cards IMO. The Sun/Moon layout is already extremely plain, and the fact the border was the same silver as the headers on Trainers/Energy really didn't help. There was WAY too much silver in general.

Eh, the reverse holos aren't great... The previous style was better.

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
@Asclepius24 , we Adapt the Yellow border thing since Base Set. Accept the reality
I didn't particularly mind the yellow borders in the BW-XY series (and earlier) because it worked well enough with the overall template. I think the yellow looks bad with elements that were designed with a grey border in mind, especially the overlapping bits. TPCi changed the border for the HGSS sets; I was hopeful they'd do the same for SM and then disappointed when it was clear they didn't.

Nothing I said has anything to do with not "accepting reality."

ChicaSkas

Aspiring Trainer
What drive me absolutely OCD crazy and actually angers me a touch is the set number, symbol, and rarity are all now on the freaking LEFT.

Why, TPCI? After 70+ sets and 18 years, why mess with what works?

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
I'm glad they included the energy cards, But why not as part of the sets is beyond me. I'm glad they changed the reverse holo style. The BWXY style was hideous. I'm more fond of the reverses of Ex Fire Red and Leaf Green or just plain like Evolutions. The new style is, gladly, an inprovement.

Since it Deens that quite a few boosters have been opened, I'm really curious about What the secret rares are. Do they include the rainbow versions of the FA's?!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I really like those new holo patterns! The large size Energy symbols give a bit of artistic flare and make it seem more professional than the cheap-looking tile effect that they've used in some previous sets. ^.^

Fronz4Life

Aspiring Trainer
Reminds me of the 90s with the 11 card pack ohhh how I miss it. But on a side note I hope to see a full art secret rare ultra ball like the Japanese set. It's just sooo nice!

dude_from_norway

Aspiring Trainer
these new style energys look awful imo. much prefer the evolutions or base set style. this alohan stuff just looks too gimick and toyish, compared to previous sets.

JeroenM

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the only one who dislikes the way the new energy's look like?
But damn those new reverses look great! Especially the trainers!

PokemonCollector!

Aspiring Trainer
I have four elite trainer boxes to keep my cards in. 1 of these I keep energy that does not have a set symbol along with, deciding that if I switch it, which I do, either all b@w cards or all trainer kit cards. Depending if they reintroduce the set symbol, or not, into the energy is going to make a difference! I'm going to need more binder and elite trainer boxes!

PokemonCollector!

Aspiring Trainer
Wait so if you get a Full Art you can also get another rare? I'm calling it, $5 booster packs.
At my Walmart, you can get booster pack WITH the cardboard crap over it. So because it has that "luxurious" cardboard on it, they tak it up from $4 to $5. Im not paying for no $6 booster pack! P.S I live bearish grand rapids Michigan, I do not know if that means anything or not. P.S.S if you want cheap pokemon card products, go to the upper peninsula. Ive searched for $14 down here trainer kit with latias and other one which it won't let me type. Up there its $7! I did not search furthermore but....

PokemonCollector!

Aspiring Trainer
At my Walmart, you can get booster pack WITH the cardboard crap over it. So because it has that "luxurious" cardboard on it, they tak it up from $4 to $5. Im not paying for no $6 booster pack! P.S I live bearish grand rapids Michigan, I do not know if that means anything or not. P.S.S if you want cheap pokemon card products, go to the upper peninsula. Ive searched for $14 down here trainer kit with latias and other one which it won't let me type. Up there its $7! I did not search furthermore but....
Nearish. Lol.

savarin

Aspiring Trainer
I'm also glad that i preordered this set. I can't wait to see what we all can get in the english set.

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
I only think they'll raise the price of booster packs because TPCi has seemingly tried to cut corners in any angle they can manage. Adding an additional 11th card and easier set completion sounds too good to be true. If they retain the same price though, it'll be easier for people to complete sets, and you'd be saving money in the long run.