Discussion Winners of December's TCG Cup Crowned! Deck Lists and Interview!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Final standings have been posted. Congrats to our winner, Trixss, and also to our top 32 (literally everyone left)!

This was fun.

January's tournament is already full but you can still get that sweet, sweet priority registration for February if you act now. Premium members encouraged to join and bump out regular folks. Take advantage of your subscription :)

A thing I do in mafia is hand out the coveted Golden PMJ Awards as a way to say thanks. They can be handed out for literally any reason. I figured it'd be cool to do the same here cause there are folks who deserve recognition.

The Golden PMJ Awards for the December TCG Cup go to:

Trixss for winning
Jesi for being a good sport
Everyone who stuck around for actually giving me a tournament to run
Everyone who dropped for making it possible for literally everyone left to walk away with at least one prize wall point
Camoclone for letting me do this
MTC for guidance even though he said I basically have full autonomy as the TO

And with that, the December Cup is now closed. Thank you everyone for participating. Watch for the news story with the interview with the winner in the coming weeks.

Arneboy11

A Mega Absol Trainer!
Advanced Member
A huge thanks to @PMJ for running this tournament for us till the end, even when half of the participants dropped :)
And congrats to @Trixss once again, was a great last round ;)

Trixss

Aspiring Trainer
@PMJ Thanks for this excellent buttery smooth tournament I don't think there was any problems you did an awesome job :D

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
This was an awesome tournament, PMJ! You did a really good job of running everything––updates were on time, and it was really nice and organized! I had a really fun time playing, even if account issues meant I had to switch to a different one halfway through. Thanks for putting up with that. ^v^

And congrats on your win, Trixss! I've not played you, but I'm sure it'll be a tough match if we ever do.

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
Haha, I love how even you guys couldn't figure out what my deck was with that "Golduck BREAK / Swampert / Archie's Ace in the Hole" bit. XD

In reality, it was a "Wailduck" deck - it focused on using Wailord as the meat-shield he is as I got Golduck Break up & running and Regice powered up on the bench with atachments & Max Elixirs, switching to attacking with Wailord once the Duck was up & going (energy transfer!). Swampert was there more as a bonus. Reserved Ticket effect every turn + Alpha Growth to transfer with Golduck + useful attack? Super nice bonus - but unreliable due to Archie Engine.

Was a fun month! Especially playing against that Volcanion-EX / Dodrio. Does kinda suck that my draw was soooooo bad that I couldn't even win against two Volcanion decks, though... q.q

GG to the winners, & GL to everyone else playing in this months tourney!

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Haha, I love how even you guys couldn't figure out what my deck was with that "Golduck BREAK / Swampert / Archie's Ace in the Hole" bit. XD

In reality, it was a "Wailduck" deck - it focused on using Wailord as the meat-shield he is as I got Golduck Break up & running and Regice powered up on the bench with atachments & Max Elixirs, switching to attacking with Wailord once the Duck was up & going (energy transfer!). Swampert was there more as a bonus. Reserved Ticket effect every turn + Alpha Growth to transfer with Golduck + useful attack? Super nice bonus - but unreliable due to Archie Engine.

Was a fun month! Especially playing against that Volcanion-EX / Dodrio. Does kinda suck that my draw was soooooo bad that I couldn't even win against two Volcanion decks, though... q.q

Your deck was quite creative! I've never seen anything quite like it, nor did I fully understand it. Very cool though!

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus

Thank you for brightening my day.