News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

BKRapper

Aspiring Trainer
It seems to me that there is going to be a major shift from big, bad, basics to bigger, kind of bad, evolutions. Ultra ball will likely fight for its position as a staple against the new timer ball. We'll see how the new format reacts to discarding cards in order to refresh hands. The Ilima card seems interesting - it's essentially a Birch affecting both players. It could be fun for casual play but I doubt it will see much competitive play if N doesn't rotate.

Nidogod

Aspiring Trainer
Anybody have a link to the original video? Seems like bad form to rip screen shots and not credit the video. I'd like to watch the original video myself but am having trouble finding it.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Anybody have a link to the original video? Seems like bad form to rip screen shots and not credit the video. I'd like to watch the original video myself but am having trouble finding it.
"A new video posted to the Japanese Pokemon Card channel has revealed a number of cards from the Incineroar-GX and Decidueye-GX Starter Decks!"
It says right so in the article. It should be the newest video on the channel! :)

I'm wondering if the cards revealed will be the same as the main sets, and if they are, I hope Shiinotic and Pallossand appear as well!

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
Timer ball is interesting, Ilima looks like the love child of N and Professor Birch

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

"A new video posted to the Japanese Pokemon Card channel has revealed a number of cards from the Incineroar-GX and Decidueye-GX Starter Decks!"
It says right so in the article. It should be the newest video on the channel! :)

I'm wondering if the cards revealed will be the same as the main sets, and if they are, I hope Shiinotic and Pallossand appear as well!

To build off of this, the official Japanese Pokémon Card channel, if you're still having troubles locating it, can be found here.

minecraft7er

confused
YES THEY DID WHAT I ASKED!!!!
i told the @thepokemoncompany that i representing all players would like better looking energy.
and they did it.
THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Not trying to start a debate or anything, just to clarify, but why are you sad to see the return of DCE?

Most likely the speed it brings to attacking from a manual attachment. Many but not every Pokemon's viability hinges if they can attack faster with a DCE then without. The main issue I have when something goofy good like Quaking Punch can be used with only a DCE. That's more my issue is Pokemon that can abuse it pretty easily.

My main grip is that Illma is another of the Trainer card that really needs to be less prevalent: Trainers that force away your opponent's hand by making them shuffle it back into the deck. Those cards make it very hard to conserve your hand as it can be swept away and given a hand you can't really do anything with.

I'm genuinely interested in Repel. Chances are it won't, but I have a feeling it will find a place in the Format.
Once Lysandre is rotated it will mater more. If they're going to make Items that force opponents to switch it's better if they have the choice who to send in rather then a coinflip in something they don't want in terms of a balanced card. There was a HGSS era card that did the same thing.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
Tbph, I don't mind DCE returning.

Lysandre is rotated it will mater more. If they're going to make Items that force opponents to switch it's better if they have the choice who to send in rather then a coinflip in something they don't want in terms of a balanced card. There was a HGSS era card that did the same thing.
I remember that card; Pokémon Reversal.

Eggrolls13

Aspiring Trainer
I think it was Pokémon Circulator; wasn't Pokémon Reversal basically Pokémon Catcher?
Yes, Repel is the same as Pokémon Circulator, and Pokémon Reversal is the same as post-errata Catcher. I don't see why they couldn't just reprint circulator though.

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, Repel is the same as Pokémon Circulator, and Pokémon Reversal is the same as post-errata Catcher. I don't see why they couldn't just reprint circulator though.
I think because they're now trying to implement iconic items from the Video Games. If a new player sees a Repel, they will recognize it from the games and feel like it's a familiar. During the Black and White era, you saw tons of items and tools that were completely new, and honestly felt kinda weird. I personally like them adding recognizable items from the VG that act as they do in the games. But cards like town map, Super Rod, Ultra Ball and Trainers Mail are cool too;)

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
Timer ball is a worse dual ball. Speaking of which, please bring those back.

STOP PRINTING ULTRA BALL OMFG NO ONE EVEN KNOWS WHAT SKILL IN THIS GAME MEANS ANYMORE

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
while I like DCE I would also have preferred seeing some other colorless energies return like Upper, Boost, call, cyclone, or warp.

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer

STOP PRINTING ULTRA BALL OMFG NO ONE EVEN KNOWS WHAT SKILL IN THIS GAME MEANS ANYMORE
Dual Ball was a card that saw virtually zero play. Ultra Ball is a staple in most decks, and will be for many formats to come.

Edit:
"IM just going to laugh when all of you aget so hyped for Taurus gx becaue All of it's a attacks cost only a DCE and then ur all gonna realize that THE ATTACK COST OF THE LAST TEO HAVENT EVEN BERN FINALIZED SERIOUSLT PEOPLE STAHP WITH THE ASSUMPTIONS"

Nobody has been saying it's good, they simply are surprised at its attack cost. I don't mean to be rude but you have been assuming a lot of things when ever new cards have been announced. Calling the cards and the entire set a gimmick, even before we get our first actual English translation.

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
IM just going to laugh when all of you aget so hyped for Taurus gx becaue All of it's a attacks cost only a DCE and then ur all gonna realize that THE ATTACK COST OF THE LAST TEO HAVENT EVEN BERN FINALIZED SERIOUSLT PEOPLE STAHP WITH THE ASSUMPTIONS

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.

I fail to understand what your complaint about ultraball is. What sounds like the better play? Discarding an energy and sycamore, find a pokemon that you need, play it to the bench, attach an energy, play VS Seeker to get back Sycamore, and then playing Sycamore. Or Discarding your whole hand for sycamore, and drawing 7 to hope you get something playable? If you picked the latter, you're a troll.

IM just going to laugh when all of you aget so hyped for Taurus gx becaue All of it's a attacks cost only a DCE and then ur all gonna realize that THE ATTACK COST OF THE LAST TEO HAVENT EVEN BERN FINALIZED SERIOUSLT PEOPLE STAHP WITH THE ASSUMPTIONS

Uh.....what?