News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

MuhQ

Aspiring Trainer
Stage 1 huh, that's an interesting turnaround for the GX's, can't wait to see more of these!

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
210 HP? You're telling me this Basic Pokémon has as much HP as my Mega Evolved Legendary?

Look again it's an evolution. What's fascinating to me is that they're doing what they did with the first EXes is that they evolve from normal Pokemon instead of starting as an EX at a certain evolution point.

This one will have an advantage with Broken Plant Time Continuum and can get on the field turn one. If there are several like this and the only two basics are the Legends I'm more on the train for GXes.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
It's a Stage 1. :oops:

A very very pretty Stage 1.

Look again it's an evolution. What's fascinating to me is that they're doing what they did with the first EXes is that they evolve from normal Pokemon instead of starting as an EX at a certain evolution point.

This one will have an advantage with Broken Plant Time Continuum and can get on the field turn one. If there are several like this and the only two basics are the Legends I'm more on the train for GXes.
It's official, I'm blind. :p

Still don't like the GX mechanic at all (especially because Lunala-GX is just broken and Solgaleo-GX isn't that far behind) but I suppose that's more manageable.

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
So it looks like Pokémon-GX are following similar mechanics to the Gen III Pokémon-ex. That's going to be interesting for sure.

The overall card looks meh to me, in terms of attacks. Flower Supply plays well into decks like VirGen and M Sceptile, but those decks aren't used so much anymore. It also plays well into Chloro-Size GX, but that can only be used once in the game, which doesn't make it so effective anymore. And Solar Blade is just... bad, in my opinion. It has healing, sure, but that won't normally be so effective in a match. In addition, it has 210 HP, which is just absurd for a Stage 1. Not much hope for this one, in my opinion, though I do think I could be proven wrong.

Watch us get a Wailord-GX with 300 HP or more. It's going to happen.

Yeah I noticed that too.

I realized it was an evolved Pokemon, and a GX at the same time.

Does that mean normal EXs are removed,
Given that Solgaleo and Lunala were both GX too. (though they don't have to evolve..)

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
210 HP? You're telling me this Basic Pokémon has as much HP as my Mega Evolved Legendary?

Keep in mind they need to be EVOLVED(except for basics). This is actually more fair than EX's. It brings a balance and helps avoid a EX/GX-centered metagame where anything without those two letters next to their name become irrelevant. It's nice to see them go back to their Ruby/Sapphire ex days where you needed to evolve ultra rare cards

Also, this card looks gorgeous. Looks a lot better than the legendary duo GX's we got. I'm actually starting to become attached to the style of these cards. they can potentially be amazing

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
It's official, I'm blind. :p

Still don't like the GX mechanic at all (especially because Lunala-GX is just broken and Solgaleo-GX isn't that far behind) but I suppose that's more manageable.
I'm more on the line of 'OK' with it if they are making normal evolutions with them. The Legends have some silly-great abilities we'll see how powerful they are at least for sets they intend with GXes on the Lunala's GX attack isn't as silly as it only knocks out basics that aren't GXes which only nets one prize. We still need to see the prices of the attacks still though which now knowing the GX attacks aren't 'free' for an energy cost with the two GX we've seen so far.

It's goofy but we'll see where it goes.

AquaDragon82

The Canadian Gamer
So it looks like Pokémon-GX are following similar mechanics to the Gen III Pokémon-ex. That's going to be interesting for sure.

The overall card looks meh to me, in terms of attacks. Flower Supply plays well into decks like VirGen and M Sceptile, but those decks aren't used so much anymore. It also plays well into Chloro-Size GX, but that can only be used once in the game, which doesn't make it so effective anymore. And Solar Blade is just... bad, in my opinion. It has healing, sure, but that won't normally be so effective in a match. In addition, it has 210 HP, which is just absurd for a Stage 1. Not much hope for this one, in my opinion, though I do think I could be proven wrong.

Watch us get a Wailord-GX with 300 HP or more. It's going to happen.
If I ever see any Pokemon with that much HP I don't think I would play the TCG for a while lol. That would be disgusting since Wailord EX is a nuisance as is.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
What a beautiful card. I don't think that EXs will come back because of us having both these Evolution GXs and Basics, so they'll have a lot of Pokémon to work with. New generation, new mechanics. I'm looking forward to it.

Victor Freitas

Aspiring Trainer
This is awesome!

Finally it looks like they're ending that "evolved EX" nonsense.

As for the card itself, it seems decent, the GX attack is great, but once for turn is underwhelming.

I wonder if there will be other versions of GX cards, like the regular/FA versions we have now for the EX.

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
FINALLY! It's about time they moved away from the all-basic EXs that've plagued BW & XY. If the only Basic GXs (and EXs, if they're still around) are Pokemon that don't evolve (like the Legends), and they focus more on these evolving ones, that will help game balance a lot.

Also, holy Arceaus, those HP & Damage numbers are hiiiiiiigh for a Stage 1. This is going to make the transition from XY to SM super awkward, sice we'll have a bunch of these bloated numbers in a format where only Megas (and a few EXs) reach that height. It'll probably kill a lot of lower HP/damage-output decks from XY era overnight... and that's not even talking about Expanded! I have a feeling the meta is going to shrink by a lot until further SM sets are released after this one.

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
I like this card quite a bit. I also really like that it's an evolution; 210 HP for a basic is insane! (Well, I guess we do already have Wailord...)

MegaCentral

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, well it seems GX cards will be evolved forms, so GX for starters will be kind of hard to use, but this seems like it could be playable, we just need to see what will be in sun and moon sets.

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
MUST. HAVE. In all seriousness, I love this card, it doesn't look playable, but I'm glad they're printing more unusual and random Pokemon. I'm guessing we'll be getting 2-3 for each set, probably 3 to replicate the three EX's from Collection X and Y. I'm hoping for a Mudsdale-GX, Wishiwashi-GX, and Vikavolt-GX as the other three.