News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Aegis

Aspiring Trainer
I've never been to one of these, so I am not quite sure how this works. You will only be given 1 of the 4? If so, I hope you have the opportunity to choose. While Mewtwo and Gyardos are cool (and to a lesser extent Machamp), I'm in this (perhaps predictably) only for the Charizard promo.

MuhQ

Aspiring Trainer
Not sure what Pokemon's obsession with Greninja is all about, but this card looks really good!
There is quite a lot depth in the story in the anime when it comes to Greninja. It's legitimately good stuff and Greninja really deserves all the hype it can get and more imo.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Evolutions is a fanservice set. Greninja is fanservice on its own. Really Pokémon? I thought you were better...

Last edited:

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I'm looking forward to getting that Weezing card. Very clever to give Levitate to a Pokémon with a Retreat Cost of 3, as it means that as long it has the Psychic Energy it needs for Smoke screen attached to it, it has zero Retreat Cost. Nice!

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
I love the weezing promo. Great seeing underlooked pokemon get the spotlight.

Also, hoorah for another greninja. I was afraid we'd get an ugly charizard promo lol

Edit: Has no one cared to point out that Weezing evolves from coffee? :D:D:D

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Won the Japanese popularity Poll....and is freaking awesome, so...there's that.

He's pretty much the new Charizard.

I wouldn't say that. Charizard is the Pikachu of the TCG. Greninjas fame will did down when they make another Pokemon to replace him. He's just a flavor of the month Pokemon.

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
That Greninja looks playable, especially since two big decks of the 2016-2017 P!P TCG cycle are Mega Rayquaza and Rainbow Force/Road. Greninja BREAK looks like it has a new friend! Yeah, it's only 20 damage, but with Giant Water Shuriken, it could stack and take knock outs on Shaymins.