• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Volcanion EX

RAIDIAD

Aspiring Trainer
##Pokémon - 13

* 4 Volcanion STS 25
* 4 Volcanion-EX STS 26
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Entei AOR 14
* 1 Flareon-EX GEN 106
* 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 36

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 N DEX 96
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 3 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 3 Energy Retrieval BLW 92
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145

##Energy - 12

* 12 Fire Energy

Usual Volcanion EX build.
1 - Flareon EX cuz transfer energy from something became useless.
1 - Entei for colorless rayquaza.
1 - Ninja Boy can always change ur active (ex.: volcanion baby -> flareon ex, volcanion baby entei).
3 - Lysandre for babysitting (fast trubbish OHKO).
3 - Escape Rope for babysitting too and remove contidions from active.
1 Olympia for retreat and conditions

I'm trying this lists for a few weeks and it's doing well on the tests/training, but suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Nice list.

I think a 3rd Lysandre is excessive. Consider replacing one with another Stadium or Assault Vest (for Entei); 1 Parallel City is woefully insufficient, IMO. Also, with 3 Escape and 1 Olympia, consider replacing 1 Float Stone with another Assault Vest.

AquaDragon82

The Canadian Gamer
One of the biggest things that I see right now is the lack of Fisherman and Trainer's Mail. Is there any reason to run Acro Bike over Trainer's Mail?

RAIDIAD

Aspiring Trainer
One of the biggest things that I see right now is the lack of Fisherman and Trainer's Mail. Is there any reason to run Acro Bike over Trainer's Mail?
Just a personal choice. Trainers Mail is great too. But many times acro bike saves me with an energy. (not to mention that your opponent doesnt know the card you chose).
About Fisherman: I did not even try but I will soon! But many times the energy retrieval has worked well.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I like running both Energy Retrieval and Fisherman. Fisherman can be recovered and reused if need be unlike Energy Retrieval.

AquaDragon82

The Canadian Gamer
I really like Energy Reset since it takes the energy from your bench back into your hand, which helps you Steam Up late game