Finished Mafia XXXVII: Celever's School Grades ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin's vote on Jesi does seem a bit overly aggressive, but he was acting annoyed earlier. It's out of character, but could go either way, really.

Votecount

TheSceptileMaster (1)
-- Camoclone [#55 ~ #71], bbninjas [#75 ~ #110], TheAnticipationEevee [#100 ~ #132], PikaMasterJesi [#104 ~ #191], TheAnticipationEevee [#105 ~ #132], Wailord_2 [#108]
Robin Aisaga (3) -- PikaMasterJesi [#56 ~ #65], Camoclone [#163], Professor Palutena [#164], TheAnticipationEevee [#170 ~ #190], PikaMasterJesi [#191]
Inferno390 (0) -- double o squirtle [#57 ~ #156], Ice Espeon [#58 ~ #59], PikaMasterJesi [#65 ~ #69], PikaMasterJesi [#76 ~ #104], TheSceptileMaster [#79 ~ #89], TheAnticipationEevee [#84 ~ #87]
Ice Espeon (0) -- NinjaPenguin [#64 ~ #160]
bbninjas (1) -- PikaMasterJesi [#69 ~ #76], TheSceptileMaster [#96]
double o squirtle (0) -- Camoclone [#71 ~ #163], TheSceptileMaster [#72 ~ #79], Inferno390 [#74]
PikaMasterJesi (5) -- bbninjas [#110 ~ #202], TheAnticipationEevee [#132 ~ #170], simsands [#153], double o squirtle [#181], Squirtle Squad [#196], Robin Aisaga [#197] L-4
Squirtle Squad (0) -- Professor Palutena [#139 ~ #164]
TheAnticipationEevee (1) -- double o squirtle [#156 ~ #157], NinjaPenguin [#160]

All vote manipulation is showed in the little vote tallies next to each player's name. You can still confirm that I haven't failed at adding up if you want, but just because there's x names and y tally, doesn't mean it's wrong :p

To recap from earlier, these rules are present in the game:
- No editing posts
- No screenshotting anything, really
- No OC
- No deleting posts
- Play to win

These are standard on this site and present in the mafia master document so I didn't think it was necessary to include it in the OP, and those random lists can be a bit of an eyesore. Oh well, I'll know it's necessary in the future! :p

Edit: bb, I do not appreciate you ninja'ing the vote counts! >:L This is your first and only warning, do it again and you'll be immediately modkilled I mean what? :x

Last edited:
PikaMasterJesi (6) -- bbninjas [#110 ~ #202], TheAnticipationEevee [#132 ~ #170], simsands [#153], double o squirtle [#181], Squirtle Squad [#196], Robin Aisaga [#197] L-3
Squirtle Squad (1) -- Professor Palutena [#139]

Are these correct?

Oh, they weren't. :x Fixed now though! I blame bb's ninja for the first one and my own incompetence for the second one. :p

As an experienced player, Eevee should know that Jesi was RVSing, which is based on getting reactions. Do you want us to stop scumhunting?
This is TAE's first Day 1.

Pika's explanation earlier was logical so ##UNVOTE.

##VOTE: Robin Asaga, for the above posts & reasons.
Professor P already pointed this out and pursued it pretty well, but I've got something to add.

But to be fair, the majority of these posts all have plausible reasoning.

The key thing is I would like to see elaboration from Robin as they were kind of contradicting/unclear.
The problem I have with this is that Camo's vote had absolutely no basis, and Professor P's was a "you said you're not going to vote === scum" vote. I do not see how the statement I have bolded applies...

Sounds a bit like scum trying to escape the bear trap.

I don't know TSM's alignment. I'm just firm on my current read. Gonna keep an eye on Robin though.

I don't think this is helpful to town. They need every lead, and if it doesn't look like you're scumhunting, you could get under fire for it.
I don't think you've been helpful town either. You were tunneling @TheSceptileMaster until a few hours ago, and your hunt just feels so artificial. Like, you're forcing yourself to find stuff about him that is scummy. As @scattered mind pointed out, you haven't learnt, which is more scum indication. Also, self-aware is definitely a scumtell.

I guess I am. I just don't like being called out for stupid reasons, like how mentioning exiting RVS ended up getting me a vote. >_<"
Yeah, sorry, that's how RVS works. One should randomly vote people until something happens (i.e. overreaction) that is odd, and then the case starts. You dug yourself this hole.

When you commented about not voting = scum, it makes sense because if scum doesn't vote it can potentially increase their "innocence" because they were not apart of the lynching of another town member
This is very true. I find it interesting that TAE pointed it out, but not 100% sure about what to make of it.

Robin's vote on Jesi does seem a bit overly aggressive, but he was acting annoyed earlier. It's out of character, but could go either way, really.
Very slight (buddying) slip possibility if Robin is scum. [Future Reference]: "acting"

Also, my vote is still on Jesi (just haven't put my vote weight on her yet).

This is TAE's first Day 1.

Professor P already pointed this out and pursued it pretty well, but I've got something to add.

The problem I have with this is that Camo's vote had absolutely no basis, and Professor P's was a "you said you're not going to vote === scum" vote. I do not see how the statement I have bolded applies...

Sounds a bit like scum trying to escape the bear trap.

I don't think you've been helpful town either. You were tunneling @TheSceptileMaster until a few hours ago, and your hunt just feels so artificial. Like, you're forcing yourself to find stuff about him that is scummy. As @scattered mind pointed out, you haven't learnt, which is more scum indication. Also, self-aware is definitely a scumtell.

Yeah, sorry, that's how RVS works. One should randomly vote people until something happens (i.e. overreaction) that is odd, and then the case starts. You dug yourself this hole.

This is very true. I find it interesting that TAE pointed it out, but not 100% sure about what to make of it.

Very slight (buddying) slip possibility if Robin is scum. [Future Reference]: "acting"

Also, my vote is still on Jesi (just haven't put my vote weight on her yet).

You already quoted the part where I already explained the plausible reasoning :p

"When you commented about not voting = scum, it makes sense because if scum doesn't vote it can potentially increase their "innocence" because they were not apart of the lynching of another town member"

Here how about you analyse this @PikaMasterJesi :

##VOTE: PikaMasterJesi

I gotta sleep now, maybe you could use some of that so called patience, something that's very rare among Werewolf players...

Also in the meantime you could present your last two questions as actual questions, or perhaps make alternatives with less gibberish :p

I may go into more detail later, but the main reason is that Jesi looks out of characte in this game. Jesi also talks as if she's not part of Town. And Jesi votes any target she's presented with :/ Now I really gotta sleep, long day ahead. Yes I got to work on sunday, love my life.

Why such the sudden vote?

I'm sure that you could have waited until you had time to also provide valid reasoning than to just post, sleep, and leave us wondering :(

• I haven't played forum Mafia for a month. I'm doing my best to improve and help out. It's not like I could play my own game for practice.
• Forcing my hunt? I'm just doing my best to hunt so that I don't just echo people again. I don't want a repeat of XXXV, and I'm sure you guys don't either. That may seem like forcing to you, but it's better than saying what's already been said in my opinion.
• I actually wanted to switch my vote earlier, but I didn't, because if I did, I'd have been called out for throwing my vote around, and I didn't want that, so I played like I was still interested in the TSM lynch. Call it more self-awareness, but that's how I am as a person. I likely won't be changing what I think is actually an okay quality of myself for a game. (This response is a bit iffy right now because I've been a bit passive at school with letting people get rid of me in their table groups and pretend I don't exist, so I feel like this is translating to other parts of my life, but with good reason.)

I realize I'm handling this pressure badly and I'm trying to make things better for myself, but it's so hard to figure out how to respond to it sometimes, and then how to even word it. Right now, I feel like I can't even play the game as me because of all this pressure. I hate it.

Yeah, sorry, that's how RVS works.
Reading this as a rude/snobby response, and I don't like that. Excuse me if I have a bad read on the RVS state. >_<"

PikaMasterJesi (5) -- bbninjas [#110 ~ #202], TheAnticipationEevee [#132 ~ #170], simsands [#153], double o squirtle [#181], Squirtle Squad [#196], Robin Aisaga [#197] L-4
Is this correct? If not, we can confirm that one of Simsands, DOS, SS, and Robin have a double vote weight. I don't think Celever would add Spark Brushel/Emily Quartam again.

This is my fourth game. I understand RVS, but I don't understand why me saying anything about RVS turns into this. I only said we were exiting RVS, and that's what it looked like to me.

• Forcing my hunt? I'm just doing my best to hunt so that I don't just echo people again. I don't want a repeat of XXXV, and I'm sure you guys don't either. That may seem like forcing to you, but it's better than saying what's already been said in my opinion.
There's some AtE in here.
• I actually wanted to switch my vote earlier, but I didn't, because if I did, I'd have been called out for throwing my vote around, and I didn't want that, so I played like I was still interested in the TSM lynch. Call it more self-awareness, but that's how I am as a person. I likely won't be changing what I think is actually an okay quality of myself for a game. (This response is a bit iffy right now because I've been a bit passive at school with letting people get rid of me in their table groups and pretend I don't exist, so I feel like this is translating to other parts of my life, but with good reason.)
Providing you give a decent reason, switching your vote is fine up until a certain point.
This is my fourth game. I understand RVS, but I don't understand why me saying anything about RVS turns into this. I only said we were exiting RVS, and that's what it looked like to me.
If you've played even a couple games, you should know that RVS never ends that early.

This all goes by so fast. I hardly know what's going on now. In the space of 12 hours, you all added three pages. o_O
Can someone please summarize all of this information for me so I can at least try to make a logical guess?
Also, I think I will actually vote now that there's been some interaction. I'll have to see.

##UNVOTE: TheSceptileMaster
TSM has been quieter today and I feel like his panicking is more likely him being a new town member getting caught up in the early stages of the game rather than a new scum player.

• I actually wanted to switch my vote earlier, but I didn't, because if I did, I'd have been called out for throwing my vote around, and I didn't want that, so I played like I was still interested in the TSM lynch.
I understand your logic here, but I feel like that might be overthinking things a little too much. If you have solid reasoning for switching your vote, you should do so and if your explanation is justified, then people won't question it. Keeping a vote on someone only because you're worried about how it will look to other people is more suspicious than switching your vote a few times on the first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back