New Pokemon, Trainer Customization, Pokemon Refresh, and More for 'Sun' and 'Moon'!

riChchestMat

Aspiring Trainer
So Sun & Moon will potentially let you carry in the new National Pokedex. I'm looking forward to the book form of that. MY daughter and I enjoy leafing through the 721 ORAS Pokedex book.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Oranguru looks like a cool Pokemon with the move Instruct and the ability Telepathy. Hopefully it has good enough stats to be competitive.

I'm really liking the customization. You can now make your character look really unique and you can dye your white clothing which is awesome.

One thing I noticed in the trailer during the customization showcase was Festival Coins. Are these the new currency or are they are separate currency that you use for buying things such as clothing while you use Poke Dollars to buy items like potions and pokeballs?

It's a little annoying that I won't be able to use Pokebank with Pokemon Sun and Moon and Pokemon Red until January because I was planning to get all three starter Pokemon before starting the game but whatever, I'll probably be too occupied with the games to really notice. I'm also really looking forward to this Pokebank National Pokedex. Finally I can look at my living Pokedex in all its glory. Still hoping that shiny Pokemon have different sprites so that they're easier to tell apart.

Just a question that I'm going to throw out to everyone: which one do you like more: Lycanroc Midday form or Lycanroc Midnight form? Personally, I like Midday form better.

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
Midnight Lycanroc(Verlisify :p) and Oranguru have earned a slot on my team x3

i also like those pigtails for the female character, they look adorable on her xD

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
We can finally remove our hat. It was irritating to me that we had to wear a hat while Calem/Serena did not.

Pokemon Refresh operates a lot like Pokemon-Amie; it sounds like it can act as a supplement/replacement for Amie...

Love the nods to Porygon2 (hair dryer) and Mega Tyranitar (comb).

If I catch Oranguru; it's so going to be named Prof. Bobo. (Mystery Science Theater 3000 reference)

I hope with the time differences you can get both Rockruff evos in the same game, but since I do plan to get both games at one point; it's not the end of the world if you can't.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Oranguru looks like it's gonna go on my team, definitely one of my favourite ape/monkey Pokemon to date.
Lets be real Pikachu was always gonna get a Z move. I can already sense the anime episode with Pikachu trying its hardest to master the move and at the end it finally accomplishes it.
Having the Lycanrocs in HD artwork is changing my opinion of them (well, one of them). I'm a pretty big fan of Midday Lycanroc. Can't really say the same thing about Midnight Lycanroc.

Nice to see more customisation, especially finally being able to rid ourselves of the hat, which was something that I would've loved to have been able to do in X/Y.

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer
masterwolfe Unfortunately, you have to hold your Eevee a Z-stone or how's it called, so there's a big no for such thigs as Eviolite/Focus Sash or anything. ;-)

Btw., although the midnight form Lycanroc seems to have worse movepool, I like it better. But, fortunately for me, I pre-ordered both games, so it really doesn't matter.

As for Pikawhatever… it's Picatastrophe anyway… and I'm totally disappointed for completely defensive Z-move (this time I mean the Eevee one). Are you sure you want to waste a turn to use such a thing?

Kawaki

Aspiring Trainer
I can't transfer Pokemon back to XY or ORAS after they experience the splendor of S&M?!

*Commitment issues suddenly flare up in a grossly heated panic

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Looking at Passimian's Description... As much as everyone calls it a 'rugby' Monkey, the way it battles, it sounds more like a Dodge Ball player. :cool:

Additionally... The Pikachu Z move is disturbing: Isn't it iffy in the rulebook to throw your Pokemon at your opponent?! xD

Last edited:

NinjaBem

Aspiring Trainer
Disappointed, I was really hoping to see the starter evolutions in this release. Oh well, some new pokemon are still cool though.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Passimian and Oranguru: The rugby monkey from the rumour is also confirmed true. Good. I hope this means something else will be too (coughAshGreninjacough)... Anyway, about the Pokémon themselves, the designs are nice, I just don't really like monkeys in general. It took me some time to like Infernape and now it is my favorite Sinnoh Starter but still... Apes are not my thing.

Lycanroc: Already commented about the designs before so... Well, I like the name. Surprised that Midnight form is not part Dark-type but it's probably better since Rock/Dark is pretty bad defensively (Tyranitar only handles it because of its good stats and ability.)
EDIT: I was looking at Lycanroc's height (0.8 m for midday, 1.1 m for midnight)... This is nothing to base a theory on BUT I think it is a bit too small in size for a final stage. Comparing it to other canine based pokémon like Houndoom and Manectric, Lycanroc (Midday, mainly, as it is also bipedal) is really small. The closest thing I found was Mightyena (I know it's not really a canine, but it's similar) at 1.0 m tall. So, what if Lycanroc is actually a mid-stage? Maybe Rockruff evolves a second time... This is just a wild theory, and it's likely this is its final evo, but I won't discard this possibily just yet.

Trainer Customization: Like that we have much more options than in XY, specially the no hat option.

Refresh: Amie 2.0

Bank/Transporter: This is the biggest news for me. Quite a relief to know this in advance. I can still transfer loads of Pokémon between the Gen 6 games after the update which was my biggest concern since I will restart my X game in a few days and I'll need to do that in the future. Good job, GF.

Next batch of news comes one day before my birthday... Early birthday gift, I guess :p

Last edited:

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
1. Give Eevee eviolite.
2. Use Extreme Evoboost.
3. Baton Pass.
4. Destroy everything.
*You mean Focus Sash!
Guys. Eevee still needs to hold a z-crystal.

Pikachu's Z-move was no surprise, but that dance is F***ing adorable holy S***
Some pretty cool batch of content. Both the Passimian and Oranguru have a chance to be viable and the trainer customization is awesome. Also was it shown anywhere that you can get a flat haircut (or however you call it) 'cause that's my hair and i want to be in the game. And i really love the thought of this giant ape helping small pokemon. It's so cute.

Last edited: