Video: Preview of 'Sun' and 'Moon' Anime

35ed19da46b6b1beda4cef08c30b4478.png
<"Why is he getting younger?? o .O"

p.s. >R.I.P. Serena and Amourshipping.

Last edited:
I'm actually really diggin' Ash's new design! It's very reminiscent of Ken Sugimori's earlier Pokemon works, and ties in well with the new Generations anime shorts.

You think the new art style is them saying Ash is getting older finally or they just trying to mess it up like Cartoon Network did every decent show we used to watch as kids?*cough*TeenTitans*cough*

My reaction to this news is my avatar. It seems like a really strange direction for the art style to go in to me. Funny that they change Ash but not the other humans or the Pokémon :p

Why does Team Skull look so low-poly? Then again, the animation style is no different from XY, but the art direction looks like a step-down.

But I thought that google would end up with Rachel in the end... wait... what?

Perhaps Greninja and Serena stayed behind to raise little Froashkies. Or maybe this isn't Ash, but Ash and Serena's kid?!?!?

What the hell is this? They didn't need to change Ash's animation style or the anime's. But they do it every two generations.... Anyways, there's still hope, but that's even quickly diminishing.

Last edited:
I feel like this is super different like in the original and advanced series he was a kid and he looked and sounded older in the DP-XY regions but his face is longer

And not to mention what were they thinking hes gonna "go to school" like he should just travel around hoenn again or something

I don't even remotely like the all new Ash. Also, he's going back to school? Because that's EXACTLY what I want from my catch-battle-trade-evolve-release-journey anime. /s

Article Description said:
The animation in the preview is a little rough
A little? They can't even get Pikachu's face right. Just look at Ice Espeon's avatar.

On the topic of the actual anime, I never really liked it that much in the beginning, and now they're bringing it to an all-new low of school. You can tell they're trying to make it more relatable to school children. Ten-year olds roaming the world with cool monsters? Nope! You can go study up and get straight As, and then we'll talk. Watch there be an entire story arc on Ash failing a math test and having the Serena and Clemont replacements help him understand the concept better! I'm at a loss for words on what to say. We'll just have to see when episodes start airing.

Back