Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Humayoun

Aspiring Trainer
Hi,
I would like to know, how can I sell my cards and how to exactly value them?
I have a lot of stars and diamonds.

Also, tell me an easy way to sell.

Thanks in advance!

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
Several websites offer places where you can sell bulk cards for a few cents apiece. However, could you please upload some pictures so we can see what kind of cards you have exactly?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Hi,
I would like to know, how can I sell my cards and how to exactly value them?
I have a lot of stars and diamonds.

Also, tell me an easy way to sell.

Thanks in advance!

For valuation, you'll want to find out exactly which cards you have, which Pokémon, which set, and which version if applicable. Commons and Uncommons usually aren't worth much, but Rares or higher cards will have some worth.

To figure out value, there are a few good sites you can use. TCGPlayer is very up-to-date and is a great way of discovering current market values for cards, including a detailed Price Guide feature that you can use to see how the prices for cards have changed over time. You can also use eBay's Sold Listings feature to look up a card and see how much people have been willing to pay for it recently.

When it comes time to selling, you have a few options. For common/uncommon cards that aren't worth a lot, you're best off selling or trading them as bulk. There are quite a few card selling websites that will purchase bulk cards for a few cents a piece. You'll get less than the value for each card, but it's nice and easy to do. You can also look into trading your bulk for other cards that you might prefer; there are a few traders in our PokéBeach Marketplace that will trade cards for bulk, and you'll generally get a better value that way.

For cards with more value, you'd want to sell them separately. eBay is always a nice and simple option, though you'll have to pay fees. You can usually sell higher value cards to card shops and stuff, though you'll get less than market price. You can also look into becoming a PokéBeach Verified Seller to sell your cards here at our Marketplace, though you will need to build up a reputation by trading cards here first to prove your trustworthiness before you will be allowed to sell. You can do that by trading your cards here, which may give you more cards that you're actually interested in obtaining.

Good luck!

austintatious

Aspiring Trainer
leaf_eng_misprint.jpg
Hiya. I found this misprinted card in my collection, and after hours of online searching, I've found nothing like it. The ink in the lower left corner is severely discolored, and I'd say the card is in near-mint condition. Could someone tell me how rare this misprint is and an approximation of its value? Thanks in advance :)

Zune

Aspiring Trainer
hello, I need some help valuing two cards.

1st edition shining charizard PSA 9 mint graded.

Skyridge crystal charizard PSA 10 gem mint graded.

Please let me know what these cards might be worth in USD so I can get a good deal on eBay

thank you

ShinyRayquaza

Aspiring Trainer
Hey how's it going guys, I have a very strange find that I was hoping someone could identify for me and maybe shed a bit of light on, possibly telling me a price range for. What I have is a first edition, fossil set geodude with a misprint I've never seen, where the first edition symbol is actually printed in the description of the card at the very bottom. I found it from a very reputable dealer and have no evidence of foul play, but I'm not sure I can make heads or tails of its pricing as I have never seen another one like it. Please contact me if you have any information, thank you.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Hey how's it going guys, I have a very strange find that I was hoping someone could identify for me and maybe shed a bit of light on, possibly telling me a price range for. What I have is a first edition, fossil set geodude with a misprint I've never seen, where the first edition symbol is actually printed in the description of the card at the very bottom. I found it from a very reputable dealer and have no evidence of foul play, but I'm not sure I can make heads or tails of its pricing as I have never seen another one like it. Please contact me if you have any information, thank you.

Misprinted 1st Edition stamps on early WotC cards have been documented in the past. The 1st Edition stamps were added in a separate stamping process than the rest of the card printing. Here is a Tentacruel with a similar misprint.

In terms of pricing, values on misprint cards tend to be discretionary. There are some collectors who specifically like these sorts of cards, but they can be hard to find. Because the cards are rather uncommon, and because there is a small number of collectors that would be interested in such an item, there's not really going to be any way to assign an easy value to it.

If you're actually interesting in selling it, your best bet would be to look into specific collector communities, or even just tossing it up as a bid on eBay with a reserve price that you'd be happy at selling for and see how it goes.

Patroterdrache

Aspiring Trainer
So, I recently stumbled upon this famous youtube video, that claims that a trainer bill got sold für 5000$. I know this is fake^^ Nonetheless, I was remembered of my old pokemon cards and thought "hey - maybe they are work something. Unfortunaly, I have no idea what these cards are worth :D

So, to make it more easy, I tried to sort my cards in some categories:
1) Holorares
2) Rares - 1999
2) Rares - 1999-2000
3) Other Rares
4) Normal/psychic/Plant 1999
5) Normal/psychic/Plant 1999-2000
6) Normal/psychic/Plant other
7) special promos (mew)
8) engery cards
9) cards I think are fake^^

My water, plant, electric, fire, fighting and trainer cards aren't on the pictures yet, since I first want to know if the categories I made make any sense, or if the "normals" are even worth money^^

So without further ado (and since 192 Pictures would be a little bit much for this forum^^) - here is the link to my google drive folder (publicy shared, so no sign-in is required) (If some cards, especialy rares and holorares appear multiple times, it is a different copy evertime)

Thanks for the help :)

And some sample holorare cards:

aY6I39G.jpg
66AvNPi.jpg
Wwx9UNn.jpg
LAjW1Tu.jpg
4UbL7H8.jpg
LJfaCPQ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reece

Aspiring Trainer
I have many Pokemon cards but these two have caught my eye due to the back of the card. Are these cards worth anything? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7

Blastoiser

Aspiring Trainer
I have many Pokemon cards but these two have caught my eye due to the back of the card. Are these cards worth anything? Thanks!

Dark Gloom from Team Rocket and Onix from Neo Discovery, Japanese printng. I'm afraid that in mint condition neither card is worth more than $0.80 to $1.

Reece

Aspiring Trainer
Alright ive got loads more could you help me with the prices of those too? Thanks anyway!

Reece

Aspiring Trainer
What are these worth? Is there any in particular that are worth something?

Attachments

• ATT00001.txt
    6 bytes · Views: 4
  • ATT00002.txt
    6 bytes · Views: 4
  • ATT00003.txt
    25 bytes · Views: 1

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
What are these worth? Is there any in particular that are worth something?

Your attachments did not upload properly, it seems, since these are just .txt files.

So, I recently stumbled upon this famous youtube video, that claims that a trainer bill got sold für 5000$. I know this is fake^^ Nonetheless, I was remembered of my old pokemon cards and thought "hey - maybe they are work something. Unfortunaly, I have no idea what these cards are worth :D

So, to make it more easy, I tried to sort my cards in some categories:
1) Holorares
2) Rares - 1999
2) Rares - 1999-2000
3) Other Rares
4) Normal/psychic/Plant 1999
5) Normal/psychic/Plant 1999-2000
6) Normal/psychic/Plant other
7) special promos (mew)
8) engery cards
9) cards I think are fake^^

My water, plant, electric, fire, fighting and trainer cards aren't on the pictures yet, since I first want to know if the categories I made make any sense, or if the "normals" are even worth money^^

So without further ado (and since 192 Pictures would be a little bit much for this forum^^) - here is the link to my google drive folder (publicy shared, so no sign-in is required) (If some cards, especialy rares and holorares appear multiple times, it is a different copy evertime)

Thanks for the help :)

Energy cards and common/uncommon cards probably aren't going to be worth all too much unless they're 1st edition or shadowless and in really good condition. Fake cards aren't worth anything. It's the holo cards and promos (and, to a lesser extent, the non-holo rares) that are going to be worth the most. (For the record, it doesn't really matter what type something is when valuing, so things like Normal/Psychic/Grass don't matter in terms of valuation. Rarity and condition of the card are most important)

For English-language cards, there are a few sites I know of that can help you out with figuring out a value. TCGPlayer is very up-to-date and is a great way of discovering current market values for cards, including a detailed Price Guide feature that you can use to see how the prices for cards have changed over time. You can also use eBay's Sold Listings feature to look up a card and see how much people have been willing to pay for it recently. Make sure to keep card condition in mind when looking at such prices too; spots with visible scratches, spots, dents, etc. (like your Machamp) will be worth less than cards without.

These sites probably won't be as much help for your German-language cards, though. Ebay.de's sold listings (instead of the American .com site) might be of use for finding some German language cards, though I don't know how often cards are sold there compared to other international versions of the site.

I can tell you that in the English language community, foreign language cards are something of a novelty, but generally worth less than their English counterparts. This probably won't be true if you sell the cards in a country that speak German natively. For more information about what such cards worth be worth in German-speaking regions, you're probably best off asking a German community, rather than an English one.

Last edited:

shadecelebi

Old School Pokemon Enthusiast
I bought 4 packs of fates collide and 3 of steam siege to my girlfriend earlier today and we just opened them an hour ago. in a fates collide pack she received a 29/124 mew and it didn't look right so I checked online and couldn't find one like it and I eventually found this forum. thought I'd post it here to see if anyone has seen something similar to it or if anyone knows anything about it. I'm not fully educated on all the terms of cards so I'll just explain it as best I can and I'll also post a picture of it so you can see for yourselves. the card is missing the border on the left side and the right side border is way too thick and you can see what seems to be the start of a new card probably a card with an pre evolution since it looks like that circle. it's shiny inside the square where mew is, but it also has a really faint shine to it on the rest of the card. you can barely see it on the picture, but I was able to capture it faintly.

http://imgur.com/npgZPuj

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I bought 4 packs of fates collide and 3 of steam siege to my girlfriend earlier today and we just opened them an hour ago. in a fates collide pack she received a 29/124 mew and it didn't look right so I checked online and couldn't find one like it and I eventually found this forum. thought I'd post it here to see if anyone has seen something similar to it or if anyone knows anything about it. I'm not fully educated on all the terms of cards so I'll just explain it as best I can and I'll also post a picture of it so you can see for yourselves. the card is missing the border on the left side and the right side border is way too thick and you can see what seems to be the start of a new card probably a card with an pre evolution since it looks like that circle. it's shiny inside the square where mew is, but it also has a really faint shine to it on the rest of the card. you can barely see it on the picture, but I was able to capture it faintly.

http://imgur.com/npgZPuj

That is what is referred to as a "miscut". During production, Pokémon cards are actually printed out on large sheets with multiple cards and then later cut down to size before being split up and put into packs. Sometimes those sheets get misaligned when they are cut, leading to these sort of production errors.

Minor miscuts (one side's border thicker than the other) are actually pretty common in English Pokémon cards; this particular width of miscut is quite a bit less common considering that you can see a hint of the card next to it on the sheet. Some miscuts are even more severe. You can do a google image search for "miscut Pokémon cards" if you'd like to see more. :)

shadecelebi

Old School Pokemon Enthusiast
That is what is referred to as a "miscut". During production, Pokémon cards are actually printed out on large sheets with multiple cards and then later cut down to size before being split up and put into packs. Sometimes those sheets get misaligned when they are cut, leading to these sort of production errors.

Minor miscuts (one side's border thicker than the other) are actually pretty common in English Pokémon cards; this particular width of miscut is quite a bit less common considering that you can see a hint of the card next to it on the sheet. Some miscuts are even more severe. You can do a google image search for "miscut Pokémon cards" if you'd like to see more. :)

what about the shiny thing on the rest of the card. is it supposed to be that way??

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
what about the shiny thing on the rest of the card. is it supposed to be that way??

That's just the holo inside the card peeking through the paper over the holo. Happens semi-regularly with holo cards on recent sets, so there's nothing really special or noteworthy about it.

NJPokeDad

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all, my family and I are returning to the game after not playing since BW. We have already bought tons of XY 2017 rotation as I am sure all of you know once you get the fever you go crazy buying cards.

I was looking through what cards I had from BW days and was looking up values. It looks like I have the Plasma Freeze SR Ultra Ball, which I just about ten minutes ago found out what it is going for. How can I tell if its the right one, and judge its condition. What is the true value I should get for it. I see it selling for anywhere between 75$ and 175$.

Thx

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
Looking at eBay sold listings, secret rare Ultra Balls go for around $150 to $200 in Near Mint condition. If you could post some pictures, we could probably help you evaluate the condition.

(By the way, I find it awesome that you're playing with your family!)