Event M Audino-EX wins Worlds?!?

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I agree with that. Looking at things now, I feel EX Pokemon and Mega Evolution need more support to balance out how powerful evolutions have become recently. Audino EX has been on my radar since 110 damage plus 50 damage snipe is quite strong. Even with my Ho-Oh EX build, the ability to KO Shaymin plus Joltik is very nice so a faster version of that, with more bulk is just too good. I wasn't expecting to see it and was prepared to see Night March and things that beat Night March on stream, which was all I saw and then I heard that a m Audino deck made finals. Also the no VS Seeker tech was a smart choice.

I don't think the deck can be good outside of worlds but who knows but I do want to say I wish people would stop saying all of something is the problem when the problem is normally something smaller.
I think it is very good outside of worlds. I can't think of many Pokemon that hit 160 damage total for three colorless energy that don't have splashable counters in standard like parallel city for mega rayquaza.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
What do you mean by no VS Seeker Tech?

I thought I saw a list someone where with no Vs Seekers in it.

I think it is very good outside of worlds. I can't think of many Pokemon that hit 160 damage total for three colorless energy that don't have splashable counters in standard like parallel city for mega rayquaza.

I think all Mega Evolved Pokemon are viable in their own way and 110 plus 50 snipe is strong. I don't think people will being playing that mega. Who knows though.

Last edited:

Butt3rBob

Aspiring Trainer

I think all Mega Evolved Pokemon are viable in their own way and 110 plus 50 snipe is strong. I don't think people will being playing that mega. Who knows though.
Well he ran VS Seeker, everybody runs VS Seeker.

Otaku

The wise fool?

True, but most folks don't use VS Seeker as tech; I know some argue that two of a card is still low enough to count, but most decks run three or four and aren't using it to directly counter/help with a problematic match up. Now, the single Supporters that are sometimes run knowing your VS Seeker (which you'd be running regardless) can spam? Yeah, those still count as tech. Feel free to let us know how you're using the word, Crystal_Pidgeot.

crystal_pidgeot

True, but most folks don't use VS Seeker as tech; I know some argue that two of a card is still low enough to count, but most decks run three or four and aren't using it to directly counter/help with a problematic match up. Now, the single Supporters that are sometimes run knowing your VS Seeker (which you'd be running regardless) can spam? Yeah, those still count as tech. Feel free to let us know how you're using the word, Crystal_Pidgeot.

I've been watching people cover the deck and they had list without VS Seekers in it. I didn't look into and assumed people did their research.

crystal_pidgeot

That in no way explains your definition of "tech". ;)

I was talking about the level of that Smergle tech a while back. Only ran 4 supporters and Smergle in place of the others. I thought it was that kind of level of tech.

Doomsday94

Aspiring Trainer
Nightmarch
Things that beat Nightmarch (Trevenant, Vileplume varients, Aquabox, Greninja)
Things that beat the things that beat Nightmarch (Darkbox, Vespiquen builds)

This is the funniest way I've ever heard the Night March era described.

Thanks for the laugh ... I'm ready to move on to the new rotation now!

Slightly over simplified, but thats honestly how it felt, I dunno.

Fridge2177

Aspiring Trainer
I didn't watch a lot of the world championships this year but seeing M Audino win actually made a lot of sense after I looked back at the card. The ability to snipe the bench in a meta where there were a lot of low enough HP made getting those 2 prizes a turn very easy. After all Darkrai EX won worlds I think it was three years in a row with almost the same attack; 110 with Dark Claw and another 3o to a bench pokemon.