• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mew/Jolteon EX/Glaceon EX/Regice 2017

zupkoffa

Aspiring Trainer
Hi all, I love the idea of a Mewlock deck for next standard, and am wondering if I could get some help with my list.

Pokemon: 16
4 Mew
3 Jolteon EX
3 Glaceon EX
2 Regice
2-2 Octillery

T/S/S: 30
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
4 Professor Sycamore
3 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Float Stone
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Super Rod

Energy: 14
5 Water
5 Electric
4 DCE

Strategy:

Ideally start with Mew and by turn two have a bench with Jolteon, Glaceon and Regice and be attacking. Of course, those three can hold their own if need be, but the locking flexibility of Mew is key.

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
I played this deck when Mew was released and thought it would be pretty cool to run the "mew toolbox lock deck" as it is extremely good at locking pokemon whether it be basic pokemon, Ex pokemon, or any evolved pokemon. I must say that I have played this deck at a local tournament and lost pretty convincingly to a greninja deck because it does not matter about the attack, but the ability. The ability is what ultimately killed me, and can be a very iffy matchup if you plan on going against it. I would consider running 1-2 hex maniac as it is a potential threat against the deck and dropping a trainer for them.

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
Hi all, I love the idea of a Mewlock deck for next standard, and am wondering if I could get some help with my list.

4 Mew
3 Jolteon EX
3 Glaceon EX
2 Regice
2-2 Octillery

4 VS Seeker
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
4 Professor Sycamore
3 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Float Stone
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Super Rod

5 Water
5 Electric
4 DCE

Strategy:

Ideally start with Mew and by turn two have a bench with Jolteon, Glaceon and Regice and be attacking. Of course, those three can hold their own if need be, but the locking flexibility of Mew is key.
Like that you are using Octillery to get consistency instead of a temporary boost Shaymin, doing the same in my deck. Anyways, on to the deck, in my opinion it would be good to add in a Hoopa EX to get your bench loaded very quickly with Glaceon and Jolteon.

Arizaiaz

Aspiring Trainer
Seems like a well constructed list but you have one glaring weakness that I don't think has been addressed yet, Garbodor. Shuts off your Mews and your Octillery which can leave you in a really bad spot early on if you can't get the right type of lock back on. You do play 2 Lysandre which I think is really smart but you lack an attacker that can one shot the Garbodor, especially with Mew offline. I would find a way to include something that can at least hit for 100. Otherwise, you will be stuck trying to Lysandre a single Garbodor twice in order to get your Mews and Octillery back in action.

Arizaiaz

Aspiring Trainer
Like that you are using Octillery to get consistency instead of a temporary boost Shaymin, doing the same in my deck. Anyways, on to the deck, in my opinion it would be good to add in a Hoopa EX to get your bench loaded very quickly with Glaceon and Jolteon.
A 2-2 or 1-1 Evo line is not more consistent than a basic. I understand what you are trying to say but Shaymin should not be considered just a temporary boost. It is used because of its immediate impact to gain momentum. In my opinion this deck could go either way, not every deck has that option.

And if you're considering Hoopa then you should know that there is much more synergy with Hoopa and Shaymin than with Octillery.

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
A 2-2 or 1-1 Evo line is not more consistent than a basic. I understand what you are trying to say but Shaymin should not be considered just a temporary boost. It is used because of its immediate impact to gain momentum. In my opinion this deck could go either way, not every deck has that option.

And if you're considering Hoopa then you should know that there is much more synergy with Hoopa and Shaymin than with Octillery.
Consistent as in is there when you need drawing power while Shaymin will only offer drawing support when it is played from your hand to bench.

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer

4 Mew
3 Jolteon EX
3 Glaceon EX
2 Regice
2-2 Octillery

4 VS Seeker
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
4 Professor Sycamore
3 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Float Stone
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Super Rod

5 Water
5 Electric
4 DCE

Strategy:

If you decide to take out Mew (just in case you do), add in a few Silent Lab, to slow down decks which use basic abilities, even decks which have 1 or 2 Shaymins.

Sir Spudd

Aspiring Trainer
I am toying with a deck similar to this and yes, ranger chaining is a thing but you have to get it! And having compressor out of the format really depletes your chances of getting it when you need it. I think if you want to make this competitive you need Shaymins, a non EX attacker line, and some luck. I think it can be done and done effectively, but a more experienced player I think can play around it.

I think everyone is terrified of ranger and garb/hex but the fact of it is, people have to play it! Right now ranger and hex are an either or 1 of in decks. If they don't get it at the right time and still have the resources to vs for it back and play it then you need to respond with a plan b strategy. Rant over.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I run a similar build, the deck can't run on octillery unfortunately, it's way too slow I can only get it to work with shaymin, you may also want to consider Umbreon to quickly beat M Ray

recommendations
-2-2 Octillery
-2 Float Stone
-2 Water
-2 Electric
+4 Rainbow Energy (Mew)
+1 Hoopa EX
+2 Ninja Boy
+1 Ranger

daniel rowland

Aspiring Trainer
It's not as strong since the release of pokemon ranger
even if it's weakened by pokemon ranger i don't see much of a problem with that. Personally, i think Pokémon ranger will be usedf as a 1 or 2 off staple in most decks. I also suggest protecting your bench somehow, i found that it's easy to win against mew box by sniping. Just to say

thevegasbomb

Substitute
even if it's weakened by pokemon ranger i don't see much of a problem with that. Personally, i think Pokémon ranger will be usedf as a 1 or 2 off staple in most decks. I also suggest protecting your bench somehow, i found that it's easy to win against mew box by sniping. Just to say
Mr.mime?

Gabking5458

2016 MA TCG Senior Division Regional Champion!
I don't think this deck is as strong as it used to be unfortunately. Ranger can instantly counter something like this and because of this I have a problem with it