Alolan Meowth, Alolan Marowak, Yowashi, Odoridori

EdwardJP

It was me, Dio!
Alolan Marowak is an automatic member of my team. Great design!
Alolan Meowth, however, is really... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm loving all these new Ghost pokemon though.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Ack, those Sandcastle Pokemon look as crazy as Vanilluze. xD

Yowashi looks interesting. It reminds me of something from the Japanese anime film Ponyo, actually.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
The fish is interesting.
The sand castles look silly.
Bewear's pre-evo would be ok if not for the fact that it just looks almost exactly like its evolution on 4 legs.
Alolan Meowth and Marowak look lazy, could be a bit more different than their usual counterparts instead of just a paint job (and Marowak's bone being lit, which was expected).

Last edited:

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Man, I love all of the Alolan Pokémon so much. ~_~; Really want to make a team of just them.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Are we sure the sand castle Pokémon isn't just Alolan Muk? :p

Also Alolan Meowth is really meh in my opinion. Shame because I like that Pokémon a lot.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Overall they're all pretty solid...except for Meowth, they're just isn't enough of a change in design to warrant my approval. Hoping Alola Persian looks great though :p

Also Team Skull?? Really that's the best you can do for a region based off of Hawaii? BIKER THUGS?!?!!

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
A Sandcastle Pokemon that ensnares Pikachus, and a Meowth with "Snydley Whiplash" shaped whiskers... Just what we all needed! :p

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
I hope the Alolan forms don't get lazy. Sandshrew/Slash and Ninetales/Vulpix are actually good changes from their originals! ...These are just color-swaps.
Anyway, I can't decide between the submerfish or the monster sandcastle, but one of them is my new favorite Pokemon. Probably the sandcastle for that amazing name. (I'm naming mine "Thasacassle.")

I forgive Bewear for being horrible because that prevo is absolutely adorable.

Ack, those Sandcastle Pokemon look as crazy as Vanilluze. xD
Given that Vanilluxe is awesome, we'll take that as a compliment.
*Keeper grabs sandcastlemon and walks away.

Last edited:

Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
The fish is pretty interesting; curious to see whether the bigger fish is simply an evolution or some kind of form change.
I honestly don't really mind the sandcastles. They remind me a bit of Vanilluxe (but better), a Pokemon that I've always had a soft spot for.
Bewear's pre-evo is kind of meh. Essentially just a smaller Bewear on all fours with an even creepier smile.
Aolan Meowth is also meh in both its typing and design--essentially just a glorified Purrloin. Hopefully Aolan Persian will improve upon the lackluster design.
Aolan Marowak is my favorite of the form changes thus far, boasting an interesting design and type combination as well as a nod to the Gen 1 Ghost Marowak.
Finally, I like the first look at Team Skull. Gen 6 went a bit over the top with the Team Flare world domination/destruction plot, so I would definitely welcome a Team Rocket-esque group of gangsters and thugs.

Overall, pretty cool stuff. This hype train ain't got no brakes!!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
TEAM SKULL! Zubat, Koffing, and Skuntank confirmed for Alola?

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
The small fish is Yowashi. When a bunch of Yowashi gather together, they “become” the larger fish.
ratzenberger_fishschool_findingnemo.jpg

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
I really did not mind the sandcastle until I read "Shirodesuna is a spirit that has possessed the sand." But now, this stupid backstory is making me hate it.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Also Team Skull?? Really that's the best you can do for a region based off of Hawaii? BIKER THUGS?!?!!

Much agreed to this. I was expected a team of crazed geologists who study the eruption patterns of the local volcanoes in Alola and want to make them erupt to awaken the Legendary and harness its power or something. Team Skull just looks like a bunch of delinquents...

As for my opinions on the new Pokemon:

Yowashi is kinda cool, but the fact that the big version isn't an evo bothers me a bit.

I LOVE Sunabaa and Shirodesuna! They're both pretty amusing to me, and I like their backstory. I really hope they pop out of the sand in-game.

Nuikogoma is pretty cute. I absolutely love how it fights with its arms. Someone should stick a Taiko drum in front of it and let it play. :p

Alolan Meowth is cool I guess. I'm not particularly fond of it being specially bred by rich people, that bothers me a lot when it happens to real animals.

Alolan Marowak... Makes me sad. Its design is okay, that doesn't bother me. What's really sad is thinking about its mom coming back and potentially possessing Marowak or something. :(

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
My first thought for Team Skull (aside from the PMD reference anyway) is pirates, which actually would be rather fitting for an island region.

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
Don't know how I feel about the new pokemon or the new alolan forms. Definitely a fan of the villains name and look though