News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Where's the mega venusaur box though :( venusaur is my favorite Pokemon and he never gets any love. What a shame. I think I'm gonna skip out the elite box just cause venusaur isn't one of them. Oh well the boxes are still cool though

Forever_b2f725_1849128.jpg

Better have Full art versions of the trio and please include the M Charizard X aswell. Those 4 full arts would be amazing to have. Probably will happen (not sure kn char x version) but if it doesn't will be a huge dissapointment for me.

Better have Full art versions of the trio and please include the M Charizard X aswell. Those 4 full arts would be amazing to have. Probably will happen (not sure kn char x version) but if it doesn't will be a huge dissapointment for me.
It better have full arts, because that's what I collect. Also, considering that the original starter trio didn't get any in XY, Flashfire, or Generations leads me to think that they will finally give them full arts this time around.

If they don't, I'm going to rage, because I know Mega Venusaur would look beautiful on a full art. Also, since full arts is really what collectors consider a jackpot, they should consider adding them if they want more people to spend money on this set. That's he whole reason I skipped Furious Fists and Phantom Forces, because they had no full arts (for Megas, which is what I was craving).

If they put out a M Charizard Spirit Link, M Charizard EX (FF) will win worlds.

LOL sorry I meant Night March.

I'm a little disappointed Mega Venasaur got left out of the Elite Trainer Boxes, but I guess I can understand why they choose it, with Red and Blue being the original games. However, they should make the M Charizard-EX a Fire/Flying dual type, and M Venusaur-EX a Grass/Psychic dual type. Assuming dual types return. One thing I ask for in this set are Spirit Links for the original starters, and M Pidgeot-EX. I understand Mega Charizard X is probably the most popular mega with kids, but I'm hoping they don't decide: "You know what we should make the last mega? ANOTHER M CHARIZARD X!" M Pidgeot-EX and M Pinsir-EX deserve that spot more.

I kinda want to say I want to see M Beedrill-EX (or a Beedrill EX in general) but. Grass has way too many EXs to begin with...

I'm a little disappointed Mega Venasaur got left out of the Elite Trainer Boxes, but I guess I can understand why they choose it, with Red and Blue being the original games. However, they should make the M Charizard-EX a Fire/Flying dual type, and M Venusaur-EX a Grass/Psychic dual type. Assuming dual types return. One thing I ask for in this set are Spirit Links for the original starters, and M Pidgeot-EX. I understand Mega Charizard X is probably the most popular mega with kids, but I'm hoping they don't decide: "You know what we should make the last mega? ANOTHER M CHARIZARD X!" M Pidgeot-EX and M Pinsir-EX deserve that spot more.

That is the reason I worry now. At this point its confirmed that m Charizard in the set will be mega Y form but since Charizard EX will already be in the set, whats to stop them from also including Char X. I also assume that Mewtwo EX will be in the set, who also has 2 megas.

I would hate for Charizard becoming colorless type for the sake of being colorless when a Pokemon already exist that has a mega that wants a card, being Pidgeot. Also, Charizard being colorless does it no favors. It doesn't give it any benefits.

I kinda want to say I want to see M Beedrill-EX (or a Beedrill EX in general) but. Grass has way too many EXs to begin with...

Beedrill EX and m Beedrill EX has a card right now.

Can you make this thing clarified to me. This makes me confused. XY- Evolutions was the set which contain artwork reprint from old school sets, not reprint of the whole cards in those sets. Am I right?

Not very hyped for Evolutions. Venusaur clearly being the best of the originals aside, I've never been a fan of reintroducing existing artwork into new sets, or those silly Japanese EX-guaranteed promo packages. Theme decks are bad enough. Sort of defeats the purpose of collecting.

Can you make this thing clarified to me. This makes me confused. XY- Evolutions was the set which contain artwork reprint from old school sets, not reprint of the whole cards in those sets. Am I right?
Yeah the artwork is getting reprinted, but the attacks and HP etc. will likely be different to make the cards actually playable in the current format.

As for everything else, I'm meh on M Char Y, much prefer X like all those pesky kids you all keep going on about ;) but it has just had a card, so I guess Y makes sense. Still super excited for this set.

Will this contain reprints from earlier XY sets do we think? Like stuff that's going out of rotation? Or is just like Generations - another Gen I set?

They'll probably be like Tauros from Generations, which was a reprint of XY's Tauros but with Jungle Tauros's artwork. It's also possible that we'll get some like Slowpoke, which was a pseudo reprint of Fossil Slowpoke, but only allowing you to retrieve Item cards and not any card in the Trainer supertype.

It's all but confirmed that we're only getting cards with artwork from the Base Set, though, which is probably why those two were included in Generations, since they're from Jungle and Fossil. I'm personally pulling for Professor Oak as a supporter.

They'll probably be like Tauros from Generations, which was a reprint of XY's Tauros but with Jungle Tauros's artwork. It's also possible that we'll get some like Slowpoke, which was a pseudo reprint of Fossil Slowpoke, but only allowing you to retrieve Item cards and not any card in the Trainer supertype.

It's all but confirmed that we're only getting cards with artwork from the Base Set, though, which is probably why those two were included in Generations, since they're from Jungle and Fossil. I'm personally pulling for Professor Oak as a supporter.

I'm not going to like. I will do very illegal things for a Full Art Professor Oak with the Base Set artwork.

Enough with the Gen 1 Trio Megas. Please. Too many prints.

I can't agree more with this. The only gen one Pokemon starters deserving of more prints is Venusaur but Venusaur is always printed with Blastoise so I guess its whatever.

I'm not going to like. I will do very illegal things for a Full Art Professor Oak with the Base Set artwork.

I can't agree more with this. The only gen one Pokemon starters deserving of more prints is Venusaur but Venusaur is always printed with Blastoise so I guess its whatever.

Are you saying you like a Stage 2 or EX Grass edition of XY Aromatisse?

If so, I assume people are bummed that XY Aromatisse is getting rotated, but I bet they will be relieved and willing to jump back into the game after Evolutions if Base Set Venusaur is reprinted, but as an EX in XY:Evolutions...

^ Still, it would cause Venusaur to be the new Lysandre target should it become an EX in November... Stopping Energy Trans AND two prizes? That would be sweet to the Venusaur-EX slayer...

Are you saying you like a Stage 2 or EX Grass edition of XY Aromatisse?

If so, I assume people are bummed that XY Aromatisse is getting rotated, but I bet they will be relieved and willing to jump back into the game after Evolutions if Base Set Venusaur is reprinted, but as an EX in XY:Evolutions...

^ Still, it would cause Venusaur to be the new Lysandre target should it become an EX in November... Stopping Energy Trans AND two prizes? That would be sweet to the Venusaur-EX slayer...

Well, it doesn't matter if its an EX or Stage 2 Pokemon. Reason want it is because I LOVE toolbox decks. It gives me the excuse to play all the Pokemon I love and gives me options of attackers. The only Pokemon that can do that for me is Golduck Break, who is too slow because it comes out turn 2 at the earliest or turn 3 at the max, which by that time, your opponent has already taken prize cards or at least did heavy damage. With a Stage 2 Venusaur and FOGP, I can drop a Venusaur in one turn and have my strategy available to me. It would take more deck space to do so but this is fine because it would be consistent. If its a EX, then I can put in 3 or 4 copies and still have my strat. I do hope its an EX because other basic EX have overpowered abilities.

Lysandre is the perfect balance to it so I would need to build accordingly for it.

Can the Ninetales BREAK be good?
Will we get Arcanine BREAK in this set?
That makes sense when you think about it^.
The last M EX should be pidgeot imo.

Back