Next Batch of 'Sun' and 'Moon' News Coming August 1st!

I really hope we see more besides new Pokemon. They've been great but I really want to know more about Alola, like the first gym leader, the villainous team, maybe some of the city names.

I'm all for revealing more new pokemon. I'm hoping for either the starters evos, or maybe even some evolutions to a couple of the pokemon that have already been revealed like rockruff or yungoose.

I would really like to see the fossil pokemon though. Some more dino mons would be cool, but I'm hoping for some mammal based fossils, like a wooly rhino or megatherium.

Considering we're only under 4 months until release I'm betting we'll be seeing some more evolved Pokemon, most likely the starters secondary evo. The complete lack of info into the game itself is worrying though since we don't know if it's simply a strategic marketing move or them showing that the game will be more focused on new Pokemon than a good/decent story.

I just have the need to say this, but with the exception of eeveelutions, I don't think they'll touch older Pokemon unless for mega evolution. Generation IV had about 30 evolutions and pre-evolutions from past Pokemon. I think that was what they were doing. Finishing all the old lines so that they wouldn't go back to making evolutions for old Pokemon.

That's just plain unfair to gen 4, 5 and 6 then, because none of the newly introduced Pokemon from those had a chance to get their evolutionary lines expanded.

Here we are a handful of years after the only full fledged reboot-kind of generation (BW), and I'm still waiting for its "gen 2" after we had yet another gen focusing on fanservice and nostalgia towards the first few...

I may be I the minority here as well, but I don't want any new evolutions of old Pokemon. Why? Not every Pokemon has to have an evolution. Secondly, I want Ken Sugimori and his team to be thinking about newer Pokemon rather than just evolutions. I have much more interest in learning about new Pokemon, what they do, what's so special about them, rather than just saying, "Oh... Jynx's evolution (example)... Meh". Secondly, I know Mega Evolution is a pain, but I'd still count it as some sort of shape or form of an evolution of your old Pokemon. The only real differences are they don't take up space in the Pokedex, and you can only use one in battle.

In my opinion, and expectations, other than eeveelutions, we won't be getting new evolutions of old Pokemon for a long while, and I'll bet this will be like Unova or Hoenn with NONE. Besides, the only real generations to do this are Gens II and IV, which now that there are 7, makes up a small portion of the generations (Not counting gen 6 because it's an eeveelution, and those really don't count).

I was expecting gen7 to be more like Kanto/Hoenn/Unova in that regard as well, but with the footage we've seen recently, its early patches of grass already seem as filled with old Pokemon as those in Kalos... so it's at most like "Hoenn" now, but definitely not like Kanto/Unova, while also now having a high chance of it being another gen like 6, right after it, but with more new Pokemon... I don't know..

Also, you've said in the same post that "Megas" are basically like evolutions just not taking Dex-space, as well as saying gen6 is not like gen2 and gen4 (which had plenty of evolutions), because it had no evolutions besides an eeveelution? o_o
If anything, gen6 was an even more extreme next step from gen2->gen4->
by having even less completely new pokemon (which however are more exotic and hidden, relying on old pokemon for the majority of common roles) and even more new designs for old ones...

With that said, I hope we don't get evolutions of previous generation Pokemon. Or if anything, I hope we don't get a lot of them. I think not every Pokemon needs to evolve, it's also more unique this way.

Wait, I don't understand... what does "unique" even mean here? Something like Froslass is just as unique as any evolution that's introduced along with the rest of the evolutionary line... I'd actually argue that cross-gen evos can be MORE unqiue and interesting than a lot of simple natural 123-evolutions that just get stronger and bigger without radical changes..

Last edited:
Wait, I don't understand... what does "unique" even mean here? Something like Froslass is just as unique as any evolution that's introduced along with the rest of the evolutionary line... I'd actually argue that cross-gen evos can be MORE unqiue and interesting than a lot of simple natural 123-evolutions that just get stronger and bigger without radical changes..

I mean just that. That not every Pokemon needs an evolution or prevolution. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any more cross-gen evolutions, but I think not every Pokemon needs one. Like Tauros for example. I think he is awesome on it's own. Or maybe Delibird.

I just want a variety of Pokemon. Some who have 2 stages of evolution. Some who have one. And then some that don't have any. :p

I would rather have information about how Sun and Moon will push Pokemon in a new direction and reveal some new features/mechanics that make Sun and Moon different instead of just getting more Pokemon reveals. Although, they couldn't do this if Sun and Moon is just a re-roll of gen 6.

I mean just that. That not every Pokemon needs an evolution or prevolution. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any more cross-gen evolutions, but I think not every Pokemon needs one. Like Tauros for example. I think he is awesome on it's own. Or maybe Delibird.

I just want a variety of Pokemon. Some who have 2 stages of evolution. Some who have one. And then some that don't have any. :p

when someone says they want evolutions, it doesn't necessarily mean "I want everything to evolve" though.

I want the region to get more showtime as well as how deep customisation goes. I don't want it to be like in XY which by release had almost nothing to show of new Pokémon because the Dex was small and almost everything had been revealed.

We will probably get info of (at least) a couple of new Pokémon, maybe even the 2nd Evo of the starters.
I hope we'll get more info about Alola (maybe giving us the map of one of the other islands?) and the new villain Team.
Megas is also on my top 5 of reveals. I surely hope we'll get at least one new Mega.
And I really hope we'll get info about if there will be any Gyms here, and maybe even tell us about at least a couple of the Gym Leaders!!! And maybe even tell us the name of the Alola Champion...?!

And who knows? Maybe they will tell us how many new Pokémon there will be in Sun/Moon, in total? But I predict that that probably won't happen!!! :rolleyes:

I'm really loving these monthly updates. It's not too much or too little. It's such a treat compared to how it used to be.

Actually, I want the, to reveal the starter evolutions, so I can confirm Entermaid. Because now that I've been convinced those chimes leaks are real, I'll be ticked if they weren't because they were all amazing!

But I've changed my mind a bit on what I want to see.
-Starter final evolutions
-New mechanic(s)
-More about the Alola Region, such as other island names, town names, important locations, etc
-Hopefully something about returning to Kalos. If we did, we'd earn 16 badges, and fight TWO different leagues, something no game has ever done (Johto games recycled Indigo League).
-How much deeper character customization goes, such as hat removal (which has been confirmed).

I'm thinking most of the news will probably be us seeing all the Pokemon that were released in the last news release in action. New attacks are probably a given to go alongside seeing these new Pokemon in action.

I think we'll see some more Pokemon though, too. Maybe the first evolutions of the starters?

Back