• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Post-Rotation Metal Deck (Scizor Ex)

Fake

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 13

• 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
  • 2 Zorua BKT 90
  • 2 Zoroark BKT 91
  • 3 Scizor-EX BKP 76
  • 3 M Scizor-EX BKP 77
  • 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 36

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 39

• 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
  • 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
  • 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
  • 3 Switch ROS 91
  • 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
  • 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
  • 3 Scizor Spirit Link BKP 111
  • 2 Float Stone BKT 137
  • 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
  • 1 Skyla BKP 122
  • 2 N DEX 96
  • 2 Lysandre AOR 78
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
  • 4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
  • 2 Parallel City BKT 145

Energy: 8
  • 8 Metal Energy

Strategy:
Considering that Bronzong's Metal Links won't be more an option after the rotation, I believe current Metal Decks will be too slow. So I started theorycrafting what may be viable in the future.

The deck idea is to set up Zoroark with Float Stone in order to provide Scizor EX's Gale Thrust full damage every turn, while looking for Spirit Link / M Scizor Ex combination, allowing you to have Stadium/Special Energy Control. Hoopa is in the deck for Scizor Ex set up, and Shaymin for its draw power. Switch cards are there if any ability lock/megaphone hurts Zoroark function, and Parallel City can me used as a set up impairment (what would hurt a M Rayquaza deck, what I feel will be a strong contender after the rotation, or a slower deck in general) or even as a damage mitigation.

I believe this is a first sketch, but with some fine tunning it may be playable. Currently I'm missing some cards from this decklist (basically two lines of Scizor) in PTCGO, so I hadn't the chance to test it yet. However I'd love to discuss about it, in order to improve it from scratch.

Many thanks :)

Edit:
- 2 Evosoda

+1 Trainers' Mail
+1 Hex Maniac

Last edited:

pvalverdec

Aspiring Trainer
Hi! i think you can´t take back your energies or not? Whould be a better option put Mega turbo instead Max Elixir? Because ME help you in the early, late game your energy will be in the discard pile. Just a suggest :)

I want yo make this deck and considerer:

- 1 Switch
- 1 Evo Soda

+ 2 Super Rod

Fake

Aspiring Trainer
Hi! i think you can´t take back your energies or not? Whould be a better option put Mega turbo instead Max Elixir? Because ME help you in the early, late game your energy will be in the discard pile. Just a suggest :)

I want yo make this deck and considerer:

- 1 Switch
- 1 Evo Soda

+ 2 Super Rod

Hi pvalverdec,

Thanks for your reply. As I edited, I had already removed Evosodas, however my plan with Max Elixir is to load up earlier, once you need the M evolution in play in order to use it. I will test a mix up between both Turbo & Max Elixir.
Regarding, the Super Rod, this deck idea is centered in setting up faster than you oponnent and taking prize control from there. Super Rod feels like a Mid/Late game card to me, which this deck won't have any potential (couldn't trade with a M Rayquaza effectively, for example).

I've been able to build this deck, and had a reasonable winrate with it. Generally when I lose is for one of the two reasons:
  1. I couldn't set up fast enough to take control of the game, so my oponnent are able to set up their Pokémon that are more energy hungry. (e.g.:M Tyranitar / M Gardevoir), therefore once first M Scizor was ready, hadn't enough time to set up the second, so couldn't keep the Prize exchange going after the first trade.
  2. I wasn't able to set up at all, getting locked (e.g.: Seismitoad EX/Trevenant BREAK). This option, however seems that won't be an issue anymore after rotation
I'd love to hear your rejoinder.

pvalverdec

Aspiring Trainer
Take a look on my idea, i think i can do all damage in turn 2 and can denied energies and stadiums what are vital for many decks :)

Attachments

• MScizorDeck.JPG
    MScizorDeck.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 37

Arizaiaz

Aspiring Trainer
Hey so I have a few suggestions.

-1 Switch ROS 91
-2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
-1 M XY 116 (this is supposed to be Evosoda correct?)

+2 Metal Energy
+2 Crushing Hammer

With only 8 energy how often does your Max Elixir fail? I've always considered needing at least 10 energies before using Max Elixir that way I maximize my chances of not playing a dead card.

To help with your issue of not being able to keep up with Megas that do more damage (i.e. M Tyranitar/M Rayquaza/M Mewtwo Y) I think running some hammers will help slow them down. Now you will have to get a bit lucky but you will be able to snipe energies off of your opponent's Megas charging on the bench, which may be able to buy you an extra turn before they attempt to attack. If you test the hammers and find that you like the idea then I would also suggest dropping a Trainers Mail and a Max Elixir to add another pair or maybe consider adding Team Flare Grunt as well. I think the theme of energy denial fits well with M Scizor since he takes care of the special energy.

Fake

Aspiring Trainer

-1 Switch ROS 91

+2 Metal Energy
+2 Crushing Hammer

With only 8 energy how often does your Max Elixir fail? I've always considered needing at least 10 energies before using Max Elixir that way I maximize my chances of not playing a dead card.

To help with your issue of not being able to keep up with Megas that do more damage (i.e. M Tyranitar/M Rayquaza/M Mewtwo Y) I think running some hammers will help slow them down. Now you will have to get a bit lucky but you will be able to snipe energies off of your opponent's Megas charging on the bench, which may be able to buy you an extra turn before they attempt to attack. If you test the hammers and find that you like the idea then I would also suggest dropping a Trainers Mail and a Max Elixir to add another pair or maybe consider adding Team Flare Grunt as well. I think the theme of energy denial fits well with M Scizor since he takes care of the special energy.

Arizaiaz,

First of all, it was my bad on editing the post, the current list is already updated.
Actually I've been hitting Max Elixir a lot, at first I was surprised it would hit that often. Not sure if luck or if there are enough cards that thin the deck. I think that 10 energies is too much, considering you'd ideally need only 6 to make the deck all main attackers running (3 M Scizors = 6 Prizes). Regarding Crushing Hammer I think is a valid option, although not sure removing all Birch's would be the best option (I'm scaried of lacking of deck rotation early), but I still think it as a viable choice, considering the energy/stadium control you've pointed.

Thanks a lot!

Fake

Aspiring Trainer
Take a look on my idea, i think i can do all damage in turn 2 and can denied energies and stadiums what are vital for many decks :)
I'm still missing Octillery in order to test your version, but why do you have so manu DCEs?

Fake

Aspiring Trainer

-1 Switch ROS 91

+2 Metal Energy
+2 Crushing Hammer

I really enjoyed playing Crushing Hammer, and I feel I do have many switches, but not sure about removing all Birch's...

Fake

Aspiring Trainer
hi! i use 3 DCE to the second attacker (Zoroark), cause a manual charge is so slow.

nope, it was reedited in Generations :)
I see, but don't you feel 3 is too much? Are more than the amount of attackers :/
Edit: Forgot to say that I loved Silent Lab idea. Great vs. Giratina and also can hold their Shaymin/Hoopa set up if first

Last edited:

Fake

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, 3 are too much with 2 its ok. Im improving this deck. ill change the list :)

Considering I'm missing Octillery (which may seem a little slow, considering this is a tempo based deck) line cards, I'm currently testing with the following deck:

Pokémon - 13

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
2 Zorua BKT 90
2 Zoroark BKT 91
3 Scizor-EX BKP 76
3 M Scizor-EX BKP 77
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 36

Trainer Cards - 37

3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
1 Skyla BKP 122
2 N DEX 96
2 Super Rod BKT 149