Alternate-Colored Magearna Revealed!

GangsterGlalie

What has life come to?
I NEED THAT GLALIE HAT HE'S WEARING.
3841ff3d0fe2abdc64b599c4c9d1d357568e4647

Last edited:

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
since the only difference seems to be color scheme this will likely be shiny version in the games.

in the movie/anime could likely be it was painted like that 500 years ago and its faded/chipped away after all those years.

while I expected a more pokeball color scheme at some point think I prefer the regular (non red/white/yellow) version as that shade of yellow kinda clashes with the rest of the scheme.

yu6

Demon Buster Trainee
Wow.... I really like this new shiny form (because it will be shiny right? XD) and now Magearna seems a living Poké Ball! XDD

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
I'm thinking this will most likely be the shiny color for Magearna for the video games. If not then it might be like Vivillion with different patterns.

Starting to wonder if she's made out of a giant apricorn...

Nahiri

Never gonna be President now
I'm thinking this will most likely be the shiny color for Magearna for the video games. If not then it might be like Vivillion with different patterns.

Starting to wonder if she's made out of a giant apricorn...

*beats fists on table* BRING BACK KURT 2K16

But naw, really. I'm really hoping that this is the shiny coloration... It gives off a really nice brassy/steampunk vibe and I am digging it. As for the movie, I suppose they can always pull off a Genesect?

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
It looks like a cupcake. I don't know why, but it looks like a cupcake. Also, just imagine walking around with that Glalie hat on. I want it to look stupid.

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
Well, it may not be a shiny, could be just a 'different' forme.
It could always be "a Magearna that traveled across time and space to get to you" (since it's described as a paint job, rather than it being shiny).

They did give us a Spiky Ear Pichu before, which supposedly came from the past of a movie, and couldn't be traded away, in HGSS.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Unless it's another weird case like Eternal Flower Floette I would bet it's a shiny, not a big fan of the gold and red combo though.

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
Unless it's another weird case like Eternal Flower Floette I would bet it's a shiny, not a big fan of the gold and red combo though.

I gotta agree with you.
I can understand the novel idea of making it look like a Pokeball (which doesn't make sense timeline-wise, since using Celebi's movie as reference, during Prof Oak's younger time, which was at most 40 years ago, they were using the ancestor of Apricorn balls, as opposed to mass produced Poke Balls. Also I think in Arceus movie, they were using slave like type of stuff, not balls.).

But the color scheme isn't that nice.
I rather a better or cooler shiny theme ><

Nahiri

I gotta agree with you.
I can understand the novel idea of making it look like a Pokeball (which doesn't make sense timeline-wise, since using Celebi's movie as reference, during Prof Oak's younger time, which was at most 40 years ago, they were using the ancestor of Apricorn balls, as opposed to mass produced Poke Balls. Also I think in Arceus movie, they were using slave like type of stuff, not balls.).

But the color scheme isn't that nice.
I rather a better or cooler shiny theme ><

Nothing has really ever made sense in the anime timeline (though admittedly they are getting better.) Ash meets a Lugia and helps it save the three elemental birds? Rad, okay. Oh what, you've met another Lugia and her child? Better check out what it is, ain't never seen one of these before.

They could also have based the Pokeball's design around Magearna. This would mean the Foongus and Voltorb lines evolved very, very recently though, but I think in Voltorb's case that's canon.

Nahiri

Well that opening scene with Magearna is creepy as heck, but it looks like it's very well animated and I am LOVING how fluid Volcanion is.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Is it just me or is Volcanion getting a new form? Around the end of the trailor when it is facing Magearna, then it starts to glow... that usually means a form change as Shaymin and Diancie can tell us...

Either way, this trailer got me hyped and I loved the ending theme...

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
From what I saw, Magearna's "Pokeball look" is definitely a paint job but knowing Game freak , it's very likely that it'll be considered a form that doesn't do anything to the Pokemon's stats like Furfrou. And like Furfrou, Sun and Moon might have a paint shop that only works when you have Magearna and it'll allow you to change between it's normal form and it's royal form (royal form is just a name I came up for it because Magearna looks like royalty at the start of the trailer with it's red and gold colors)

philkangsanity

Literally Newswatcher
This trailer does show a bit about how the movie will go, especially with the pseudo- Mega Evolution. Does it use Magearana's Soul Heart? Or is it an entirely different thing? And since Magearana is in this movie, maybe it could have some possible connection to the Alola Region. Maybe the pseudo-Mega Evolution is linked to the Sun and Moon character's bracelet. But who knows, really?

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
Its almost definitely a paint job. (so many just aesthetically a different forme in game)
Magearna can summon real flowers from its arms (maybe a grass type move anyone?)
Puni chan attempts to help and takes on Zygarde 10% forme.
There was a scene that Meowth and others cried, cause the Soul Heart became empty.
Volcanion seems to be "charging up before a new forme", when seeing that his cherished friend appears to be dead.

It seems like,
it all comes together in an all new Pokemon adventure!
Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon!

Available worldwide in 9 languages.