Finished Werewolf XXXIII: Order in the Court!- Congratulations Law!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is- my examples are all scumtells I have noticed and was right about.
Did you even read my posts ?

"Examples" means multiple. You gave one example - GM Drac appearing particularly interested in vote weights. Apart from only have one example, you also need to consider that vote weights is only one part of analysing vote counts. Analysing vote counts means much, much more; which as Camo said, the town he does not do enough of in the slightest.

I said that in general - everything can be scumtell if it is all what you do instead of contributing. Thus Ss is wrong with saying that this time of anslyzing voting is a scum tell.

Look, if you keep on posting stuff like "Oh, pity me, I'm being attacked/pressured/questioned/called out/etc by everyone. Pity me, pity me." then I will lynch you. If you keep on posting "Oh, and now everyone will call me out for something." then I will lynch you. Neither of these are helpful - you're purely manipulating people to feel sorry for you; and they do not contribute at all. You're also whining, which noone likes reading when they're on limited time. I'm only taking my vote of you because you are new. But if you keep this up, I'll be tunnelling you Day 2, and you do not want to see me tunneling you.
My bad. I'll do my best to stop.

Cool, one of Jesi, Jabber, SM, and Camo has a weight of 0.
We can tell someone doesn't have a vote weight. But are you entirely sure it's Camo with no vote weight? It could be anyone.

I'm going through and analysing Jabber's posts now; spoilered because large. tl;dr at the bottom

scattered pointed this out as a bandwagon, but you never responded. Are you by chance being coached into not succumbing to pressure?

-snipped because similar content-
I think this (and the stuff afterwards) is pro-town hunting. It's not like the tell is false, and I find this quite logical. Of course his response to Jesi's somewhat average defense is important here.

It's not really an official term AFAIK, but at least a few players use "fluff" to denote posts that are unnecessary, that do nothing to further any sort of scumhunt (I should know; most of my posts from my first two games were just full of it).

-snipped because similar content-
This is the questionable stuff. Jabber turned from scumhunting to coaching/helping. Jesi used a lot of AtE in her "defense" post. Because of that, I'm not surprised that Jabber turned from pressuring to helping. That said, it is certainly a scummy point.

I rather think we've gotten a good amount of logic. TGK's and Jesi's names, among others, have been up in the air for lynching today, while EM's hasn't even surfaced. I know he's been inactive up to now, but you don't really help the day along by picking a random name after four or five pages.
If everyone could stop RVSing tgk for no other reason than D&D, and instead finding an actual reason or even building a case relative to this game that could help us find a scum to lynch, that'd be great. ^.^
This seems to be something a lot of people are picking at. However, considering he suggested other options just before he wrote this, I feel like this is a neutral or a legitimate post. However, PP explained nicely the issue with this, being TGK and Jesi were very undercooked leads. Let's check out Jabber's response to this.

What's funny here is that this is all fluff. :>
If you have a better way to explain fluff, pressure and WIFOM, I'm all ears. :U

And uh, why are you apologizing for pressuring?
I hate pressuring new players. I pressured Jesi on the off chance I'd get her to reveal something, but I didn't feel right about tunnelling a new player. :/

What logic have we had so far?
Not much in the way of discussion, perhaps, but we certainly had better lynch candidates than RVSing a inactive player solely for their inactivity, when that player hadn't been online for twenty-four hours before that.
I think all three are legitimate defenses. I think fluff was overused by PP at this point, and personally I don't have much of an issue with that part of Jabber's posts. The middle makes sense considering Jesi AtE'd. The latter is logical.

- and why are you bringing up EM in the same way as TGK and Jesi when EM hasn't done anything yet?
But ... EM not doing anything was the entire point of bringing him up. >.> I was contrasting the more viable lynch candidates with one whose inactivity has shown nothing about him.
Was Jabber the first to put EM to the table? That's interesting to note...

That's all that's gone on today. Nothing logical of the sort. Plus the frustration demonstrated here over the lack of viable cases this early in the day strikes me as a scumtell:
...I'm sorry, but how on Earth is that a scumtell?
Although PP's scumtell can be true, I can see Jabber's reactions to this tell similar to mine as town when suddenly I'm scummy for trying to play the game.

Why do you care that people are RVSing someone? It's still early in day one so that kind of activity is to be expected. It reads to me like you are worried this wagon might actually get steam, and you have a vested interest in keeping tgk alive.
It's not so early they can't do something to add a bit of discussion, no?

As for singling that on TGK, it's not anything of the sort; I'm just getting really tired of RVS over an external game. He's been pressured, there's not really any need to add to it unless you're set on lynching him (which EM clearly wasn't).
This is interesting. I can't really recall this being on Jabber's mind in any past games or while hosting, and strikes me as possibly scum being persistent with an idea with the purpose of not being called out for backpedalling. That said, its WIFOM territory being both a potential townie action and a potential scum action.

But ... why did you pressure me when I hadn't been online to respond to PP's post yet? At the risk of sounding OMGUS-y, are you quite sure that's not a bandwagon, bb?
This is also an interesting post. The two things that town shouldnt be doing is in this post. Firstly, feeling the need to recognise that there post could be perceived scummy and then throwing around terms (i.e. bandwagon) inaccurately. Unfortunately latter is also happening in town here presumably because our meta is extra unforgiving, and then because people don't know what real tells are. I'm taking this post as neutral, slightly scummy because that is what it should be.

Pretty sure I answered everything in your post. Was there something I missed?

Reading through the rest of the thread now.
Responding to PP, which is fine. He also did respond, however due to quoting errors little saw it.

tbh I know very little in the way of metas for any player, so I can't really judge that. :/

Except for EM, ironically. Last game, of course, EM improved a lot while playing as town. I'm wondering if he's not actually regressing but rather showing his scum meta, since I don't recall any game where he's been scum.

Robin's getting unusually defensive, I suppose, but it is his first game. I think I'd be more inclined to believe he was scum if he wasn't getting so defensive, because he'd be coached to an extent.

TGK and Jesi both seem ever so slightly less active now, and so are growing correspondingly higher on my scum reads. TGK's a bit of an exception, though, because of the testing-claim thing, so the best confirmation we can get as to his allegiance will come from whether or not the ability kicks in.

And morda––iirc you managed to survive pretty long in Future in Stasis as the sole remaining member of your scum team. I definitely remember you playing better than this in previous games.

I guess my top three would be EM, Jesi, and either TGK or morda.

I'm most confident about EM, though, so I'm putting my vote on him for now. ##VOTE: EMPOLEON_MASTER

I'm a bit surprised no one has claimed Maya yet, though. Did I miss it, somehow?

Being the one who brought EM up first, this isn't an all too surprising vote. However, it is an EM lynch and I'm very wary of EM wagons. I feel like Jabber is trying a bit too hard to scumhunt here. The point on EM's meta feels like it is searching too far without the right knowledge (considering EM played similar to this as town last time). There is also a bit of echoing going on, but that's not surprising when you haven't posted for about 10 or so pages. The misread about Maya is interesting, but it's not something scum would want to do. Another point is that Jabber did bring up Morda, which is also suss because morda is another easy lynch. But, I'm feeling like Jabber is still getting his head around this scumhunting business rather than playing scummy.

EM, you were viewing the thread not five minutes ago. Get over here and post your thoughts. >:L
Don't like this.

I realize I may have jumped the gun a bit for trying to end RVS early, but I don't see how this part of your post does any more than echo what's already been said.
Somewhat hypocritical.

My defense wasn't specifically of you (although I suppose in a way, it could be perceived as such). I dislike the sole reasoning of "Oh, the D20 shenanigans in D&D are getting out of hand" and "Hey, it's still RVS" as excuses to jump on bandwagons. Yeah, the D20 thing was funny once, and still is in the context of D&D. That joke has long since run its course and there is no need to bring it into a WW game.
Here, Jabber tries to stop RVS. While RVS is annoying at times, you can't stop it because it allows people to guage reactions. You also can't really have a case at this early stage in the game (outside of the obnixous vote wall), and trying to stop RVS, which can lead to cases due to reaction, is a step towards stopping discussion, something that the scum want.
Like I said, I'm fairly certain all this does is echo.[/quote]
I'm feel like this is a frustrated townie defense post. Jabber has been questioned about RVS shenanigans again, so being poked and questioned about it again would certainly lead to frustration.

@Professor Palutena @bbninjas If there's anything else you'd like me to answer, please let me know; I must have missed it reading through the thread earlier. >.>
This is a townie comment I think.

Here's what I'm picking up in regards to Jabber:
Townie
- Attempts in scumhunting
- Frustration that is expected from a townie in that situation

Neutral
- Falling for AtE. If Jesi is scum, then this may indicate scumbuddying. However, if Jesi is town, then Jabber appears to be feeling sorry, which is a townier thing imo.

Scummy
- Push on EM and morda; unhealthy focus on EM
- Feeling the need to clarify posts in fear of being called scum
- RVS issues

The issue I'm having is that the scummy points are weak and WIFOMy in that they can be made by town just as much as town. I don't think that they are points worth using to lynch Jabber today, and would be better used for a later date. I think the frustration is big townie points for Jabber, because it is consistent to what I expect a townie to be like under this pressure.

So, looks like I have to search for another vote...

If and when EM posts full his full thoughts and opinions, I'm willing to take my vote off him. I'm aware that he's played similarly to this as town in the past, but I don't remember any time he was scum, so I'm not sure we can really use that as a reference.

I also could, but mehhhh. Not sure.
Same. Very much same. I've had that feeling ever since last WW game, where I was town and acting posting as I saw fit, and got lynched anyway. :p

Both of these posts annoy me for some reason. TGK's quip about Celever only pretending to be sarcastic wasn't really worth replying to, and strikes me as odd because I can't actually see Celever doing that. I remember at least one or two other instances where he's sarcastically claimed scum when I'm almost certain he wasn't.

As for the second post, I think just about everyone feels that way on their first few games. I certainly did. I wouldn't mind this so much if they weren't the only things Sky posted in that timespan. I feel like it indicates an overeagerness to agree, which seems to smack of scum.

It could also just be to fill the vote quota, which could be new town or scum, IMO. One way or the other, it doesn't particularly help anything to post meaningless things like that.

"Examples" means multiple. You gave one example - GM Drac appearing particularly interested in vote weights. Apart from only have one example, you also need to consider that vote weights is only one part of analysing vote counts. Analysing vote counts means much, much more; which as Camo said, the town he does not do enough of in the slightest.
Ahhh sorry my bad!!!

Yep I was referring to vote WEIGHTS! Drac did that one time and so did I in luis' game.

Anyway as has been said the discussion got carried away ;)

Sorry y'all.

@Jabberwock; is there anyone that you find scummy that isn't among the following:

- EM
- Robin
- morda
- Skyleaf
- Jesi

These are all easy people to say they are scummy and/or push as a lynch because they're new, have a habit of being scummy all the time, or are in general quite favoured lynches.

I'm leaning slightly scum on simsands. Not sure I buy that he didn't realize that Celever was being sarcastic. As I mentioned earlier, I'm pretty sure Celever has done this before. In games simsands has played in.

I'll go back and see if there are any other posts that feel off to me.

This has to be like my fourth time; but TGK is not deathproof. He dies.
I realize this. When trying to come up with a response I realized the logicless-ness of my third option.

As for the second post, I think just about everyone feels that way on their first few games. I certainly did. I wouldn't mind this so much if they weren't the only things Sky posted in that timespan. I feel like it indicates an overeagerness to agree, which seems to smack of scum.
Welp, I just fell into JibJab's statement again by agreeing with bb.

Welp, I just fell into JibJab's statement again by agreeing with bb.
And by saying that I am also agreeing with Jabberwock saying I agree a lot. Woo agreements! XD
I'm sorry for posting fluff. I try to get as many cards on the table as possible when I know I'm not scum, because I feel that honesty will shine through. I can even roleclaim if you guys wish.

Kinda wanna vote dogger. I don't buy that he thought it was 7 to lynch. It's been said in every vote count.

##vote: xdoggerx

Don't worry, you'll know me better as time pass... I sometimes don't notice obvious things... Ask Luispipe8, he knows me IRL.

You saw that nothing changed when I posted my vote.

@everyone, can the third person of TGKs Mason group step forward?
Again... Why would you need this? You may hosted before, but your thinking is hardly the same as other people's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back