Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
and still nothing about what's in the 22 card pack at the pre-release? Kind of waiting on that for my decision if I wanna play in it or not... lol.

///I just want Team Rocket's Handiwork ///

FrankyCentaur

Aspiring Trainer
and still nothing about what's in the 22 card pack at the pre-release? Kind of waiting on that for my decision if I wanna play in it or not... lol.

///I just want Team Rocket's Handiwork ///

I don't know why Pokebeach never reported on it, but it was leaked. Of course this is only ONE of the four that you can get.

http://i.imgur.com/CeKTqBR.jpg

Personally, I'm going to pass on the prerelease. With only 3 packs, you have a very limited chance to pulling anything good for almost the same price, and you get a bunch of junk.

It's going to be a large pain in the butt collecting the promos, though -_-

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know why Pokebeach never reported on it, but it was leaked. Of course this is only ONE of the four that you can get.

Personally, I'm going to pass on the prerelease. With only 3 packs, you have a very limited chance to pulling anything good for almost the same price, and you get a bunch of junk.

...A bit off-topic, but since you posted about that, just so people like myself are not confused...

make that four packs. And the box is random cards from current and past sets...

edit: Updated link w/ Pokebeach report on changes to prereleases...

Last edited:

Saarebas

Aspiring Trainer
Kind of weird to have a marrowak in the set with no cubone. Not that we need it at this point of course.

I will not rest until I have the Team Rocket FA.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Team Rocket Full Art is pretty neat indeed. I think the art overall is very impressive.

I wonder when or if Dimension Valley and Mystery Energy will be reprinted. Does anyone know about other reprints from previous XY sets?

And another important question. Can I redeem the Double Colorless at Mac Donalds or only at KFC?

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I'm a sucker for that Whimsicott car art; I love how it's sleeping so peacefully. Also, the FA Team Rocket's Handiwork card is pretty rad.

Also, Do The Wave everybody! Haven't seen that move on a card since Base Set Wigglytuff (who's also in this set, funny enough).

This set should be fun; we also get a reprint of N, which I was sure we were going to see a reprint eventually. Now we need a Colress reprint...

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
Kouki Saitou drew Hawlucha?? Favorite artist and one of my favorite Pokemon!
Gotta buy packs now, mainly for this one card. xD

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Definitely didn't expect the Marowak. Thought they would save it for a blister pack...
On another note, some of these rarities are absurd! Mainly the non-holo rares... Lucario (deck), Grumpig, promo Marowak, Mr. Mime and Snorlax are not good enough to be rare (specially the Lucario, it's complete junk). They also turned the fossils into uncommons when they were commons in Japan...

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
24 Trainers in this set... That's a ridiculous number to have. This also may be the first set I can think of where the number of uncommons outnumber the commons in a set, which I also find rather disturbing. At least they could have put Kabuto and Omanyte as commons to balance the distribution rate...

Another odd thing is they listed one of the Carbinks as a common card. My guess is they chose the energy protector one, but either one is a bit too strong to be placed as a common card.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.

The 22 card pack doesn't seem like total crap to me (me... the casual just-for-funner). I was really hoping for more than 6 trainers though, that is a little bit ridiculous. Honestly 1 Zygarde, 2 Carbinks, 2 Delphox... note a bad deal.

My question is if they're all going to be the same... because then everyone would obviously be running a Fire/Fighting deck and there would be no variety in the prerelease! I hope WPM will have all the answers to us soon...

wolfhavoc

Aspiring Trainer
24 Trainers in this set... That's a ridiculous number to have. This also may be the first set I can think of where the number of uncommons outnumber the commons in a set, which I also find rather disturbing. At least they could have put Kabuto and Omanyte as commons to balance the distribution rate...

Another odd thing is they listed one of the Carbinks as a common card. My guess is they chose the energy protector one, but either one is a bit too strong to be placed as a common card.

On top of everything you said, since Zygarde and Lugia are deck holos, we are only getting 5 foil cards in this set.... It's too little. On my BreakThrough booster box, I got every single foil card, and even doubled up on Garchomps. I hope they do not raise the ratio on getting nonfoil rares.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
They should start giving us occasional Common Trainers again. (This set, they could easily have made the Fossils Common.) Hmm... Maybe they should make SPIRIT LINKS common. Perpetually reprinted stuff like Tierno, Shauna or DCE maybe could be common also, which would also increase newer players' chances of getting them. *shrug* But yeah, Uncommons have been harder to pull than they should be for a while now. I get why they don't include many common Trainers (the bulk of what little kids that don't play the game much, if at all, want to see are Pokemon, and they obviously don't want it to be possible to pull no basic Pokemon in a pack for Pre-Releases.), it's just unfortunate.

To be fair, though, I feel like the rarities for Fates Collide are pretty fair, barring Kabuto and Omanyte, but they're effectively Stage 1s, so I can see why. There's plenty of Uncommons here that could easily have been bumped up to Rare in past sets. (Weezing, Kangaskhan and Zygarde 10%, for instance.)