Collecting Athena's Collection Thread - Updated Apr 13

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
OJX7OaB.png

Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by. :) I recently restarted my Pokémon Collection and I thought it would be fun to share some photos and information here. Feel free to ask if you have any questions! I'll be updating periodically with new additions and more photos as time goes by.

As a collector, I have kind of a random assortment of plushes, toys, cards, and other items. I don't particularly like to complete full sets, but I enjoy collecting things that feature my favourite Pokémon or are otherwise aesthetically pleasing to me. I love plushes the most, and I'm also fond of buying and trading Japanese TCG cards.

Plushes!

My favourite part of my collection is where I thought I would start off. :) I've loved collecting plushes since I was young, and Pokémon is perfect for plush because so many of them are soft and high quality, and I can combine two of my favourite things at once!

Palkia is the largest and one of my earliest acquisitions. I got him from Target around the same time as the East Sea Shellos, one of my favourite Pokémon. <3 The Scraggy is the same line (Jakks Pacific), but obviously newer. Mantyke and Manaphy were both won from UFO Catchers at Gameworks. They're of the Toy Factory brand. And rounding out my official American products is the Tomy Mew that I randomly found at a Chicagoland Meijer last year; I think a worker found it hidden somewhere in the back warehouse.

My other plushes are all Japanese. :3 The Bulbasaur was a gift to me from Drohn during his time in Japan. <3 The Amaura was also a gift from Drohn to my husband, and therefore it's the only plush in this picture that is not actually mine, but it hangs out with all the other Pokémon plush. :p Tyrunt, Mega Venusaur, and Goomy were bought by me through Drohn, and the Sleepy Pikachu was a splurge from a convention.

And last, but not least, is that funny creature on top of Mega Venusaur: Octopikachus! :D I actually took a separate picture of him so you can see him better (click for large version):

Octopikachus is obviously a fan-creation. I got him from an artists alley booth at ACen. :3 He's just so silly and cute, and I love octopuses, too.

If you're reading this, it means you successfully followed all of the Challenge clues! Or you cheated. (Or you're just a casual person looking through this thread for some reason, in which case disregard this paragraph.) In any event, to finish the hunt, please PM me this picture of a super happy Magikarp and the total number of poems written for this round.

kR3wXou.jpg

I haven't bought all too many plush in the last year but there were some I just couldn't pass up.

The oldest in the picture is the Mew Kuttari plush. I really liked the Kuttari set and was originally planning on getting one of the Eeveelutions, but I couldn't decide on just one and didn't want to end up with a whole lot of them, but when the Mew version was announced, it was an easy decision for me. He's so cute! They kind of remind me of beanie babies since they're about the same size and have those little beans in them.

The Mega Poncho Pikachus were actually not bought together. Their names are Pikaudino and Slowchu. When the promotion was announced I fell in love with them and wanted them all, but I held myself back to just getting one, and after an agonizing decision, I decided on the Mega Audino version. Mega Audino isn't a Pokémon I super like or anything, but I thought the Pikachu Poncho version was hella cute. I thought that would be the end of it, but a friend in Japan offered to pick me up something from the PokéCenter while he was there and I caved in and had him pick the Slowbro version, too. Pikaudino is a female Pikachu and Slowchu is a male so I like to pretend that they're a dorky couple that likes cosplaying together.

The "Transform! Ditto" promotion plush are my newest acquisitions. I've always wanted a Ditto-face plush ever since I saw the old Ditto-face Pikachu that was released back in 2010 or so... but by the time I learned about them, the after-market prices were insane. I was incredibly happy when the new promotion was announced that I had to get 2 of them: Pikachu like the original that I always wanted and Bulbasaur for best starter. They're super cute and soft and awesome!

Hoping to continue my collection and get some more plush, but my husband doesn't like the space they take up. >.> So I guess I'm stuck only getting favourites from here on out and hoping he doesn't notice them. :p

More Coming Soon! :3

Last edited:

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Lol, that Octopikachu is kind of funny, and yet kind of adorable at the same time.

Now I must find that Goomy. One of these days I should post a pic of my Pokémon plushes.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
That octopikachu is definitely one of the most unique things Ive ever seen. I love it! xD I have a few hand made crochet plushies too that I buy from these old knitting ladies at a flea market. Crochet plushies are adorable.
Nice little collection. :)

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Yeah, I love the little crocheted guys. :3 I also bought a crocheted Saber-Tooth Lime (from a different game) from another booth that year. I would love to learn how to make them myself, but I probably wouldn't have the patience. :p So, instead I just support those who have more drive than me.

The Goomy is a Pokémon Center plush; it's super soft and squishy and awesome, just like a Goomy should be! Because I was able to get mine directly through Drohn, I was able to buy it at MSRP, but now that it's no longer in production, it'll be kind of hard to find. PokéVault has it... for US$45, ouch. Collecting is expensive. T_T

And you should totally post your pictures up! :D I want to get some more pictures made of my figures and stuff, too, but my collector's shelf is kind of a mess at the moment. >_>

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Tell me about, I've seen the Mega Venusaur before, along with a Mega Lucario and a Mega Blastoise, but where I found them they are twenty five a pop. Ouch.

Well I'm taking time off from work after today so I might make a project out of getting my plushes together and getting some photos up for view.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Yeah, Mega Venusaur was one of the ones chosen to be on the PokémonCenter.com US site, making him more affordable outside of Japan. I'm right now debating order Altaria, Kyogre, and/or Salamence while I'm in the States in July. >_> <_<

Kiriful

Minun Petter
What a happy looking family of Pokémon plushies :) I have to say, the furry limb like thing on the top left corner had me confused. I was unsure if it was a hand or frillish!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
What a happy looking family of Pokémon plushies :) I have to say, the furry limb like thing on the top left corner had me confused. I was unsure if it was a hand or frillish!

That's Professor McSnuggles! :D He's actually a Squishable. He wasn't meant to be in the picture, but snuck in a bit by virtue of me taking that picture near his typical spot on top of the cat tower. I have quite a few non-Pokémon plushes, too.

Kiriful

Minun Petter
Your cat is a princess in your army of plushes! Do you have a special place to store them such as a counter of a piano, or along the front of your bed? My friend decorated her walls and she has plans to arrange them on her ceiling. Her brother can't find a sense of privacy with all the toys just ogling at him from every possible angle.

I only have a small Pikachu, medium sized Pikachu and a large Pikachu I won from a carnival. It's a dainty little collection but my card and book collections make up for it :)

The line of Squishables on their online shop is entrancing... and a massive corgi will look great by my bed. Could you imagine a ball play pen filled with Squishables?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I usually keep my plush all nice and snug together on top of a sideways Ikea bookshelf. :3 You can see an example here. It's not super recent as there are a few newer plush missing, but it's the most up-to-date one I have. I'm thinking of updating and adding some shelves to the walls of my bedroom to arrange them there, but that's contingent on a few things, the most important one being what my husband thinks of it. :p

Squishables are indeed very nice! I would love more of them, but they are expensive and large and the shipping to Europe is pretty hefty. I got Prof. at an anime convention and vacuum sealed him and the rest of my plushes to remove the air when I moved overseas, but that's less feasible with just regular luggage. A ball pit full of them would be simply amazing, but then, I've been planning the logistics of having my own adult ball pit room for the last ~7 years. >.> Current house is too small, but maybe someday...

Kiriful

Minun Petter
Good looking collection you own, I'd definitely sneak in as many new ones without your husband's attention if I were you, nobody should intervene between plushes and a plushes' lover. :p

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I have plans to add a Kyogre plush to my collection when I'm in the States next month since I can order from the pokemoncenter.com website. >.> <.< I'll make sure to post new pictures once I get him. :3

Kiriful

Minun Petter
Yes! Kyogre > Groudon in my weakly humble opinion. My friend who lived in NY went to the Pokemon Center there, perhaps dropping by will pump up your visit!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Wow, it's been a while since I've updated this! My TCG organization is still slow going which has prevented me from taking pictures of those and my figures, but I thought it might be nice to showcase some of the new plush I've picked up over the past year since the initial photo:

New Plush Acquisitions as of April 2016!

kR3wXou.jpg

I haven't bought all too many plush in the last year but there were some I just couldn't pass up.

The oldest in the picture is the Mew Kuttari plush. I really liked the Kuttari set and was originally planning on getting one of the Eeveelutions, but I couldn't decide on just one and didn't want to end up with a whole lot of them, but when the Mew version was announced, it was an easy decision for me. He's so cute! They kind of remind me of beanie babies since they're about the same size and have those little beans in them.

The Mega Poncho Pikachus were actually not bought together. Their names are Pikaudino and Slowchu. When the promotion was announced I fell in love with them and wanted them all, but I held myself back to just getting one, and after an agonizing decision, I decided on the Mega Audino version. Mega Audino isn't a Pokémon I super like or anything, but I thought the Pikachu Poncho version was hella cute. I thought that would be the end of it, but a friend in Japan offered to pick me up something from the PokéCenter while he was there and I caved in and had him pick the Slowbro version, too. Pikaudino is a female Pikachu and Slowchu is a male so I like to pretend that they're a dorky couple that likes cosplaying together.

The "Transform! Ditto" promotion plush are my newest acquisitions. I've always wanted a Ditto-face plush ever since I saw the old Ditto-face Pikachu that was released back in 2010 or so... but by the time I learned about them, the after-market prices were insane. I was incredibly happy when the new promotion was announced that I had to get 2 of them: Pikachu like the original that I always wanted and Bulbasaur for best starter. They're super cute and soft and awesome!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
My husband thinks the Ditto-face plush look creepy, but I think they're super adorbs. :<