TCG Fakes Jabberwock's Image Fakes: Plasma Garchomp!

Actually I believe the wording on Magic Wand needs a bit of reworking; as it is now, you can search your deck for a Pokémon Tool. In that case, would the effect be permanent? Would the Tool be attached instead of discarded? Would Braixen be attached as a Tool?

opAQfRi.png
That should fix it.

The day I make a card for this set that needs no modifications ... that'll be a happy day indeed. :p

Really nice holosheets! They turned out really nice - what blending modes did you use?

Anyways, both cards are pretty powerful. The first could be a never ending cycle of Energy discarding, as having an Energy in your hand isn't all that difficult with the amount of ways to recycle Energy these days. Milotic is also pretty powerful, firstly because Pure Water is generally an attack that requires a coin flip, and secondly because bringing any form of Stage 2 to play without evolving (or even setting up to 5 Basics) is a very powerful effect - with only Maxie/Archie and a Cradilly doing that, both requiring a lot of setup/deck dedication to play in comparison to Milotic.

Really nice holosheets! They turned out really nice - what blending modes did you use?
Meowstic is Multiply 40% under Color Dodge ... I think 50-60%? Give or take. :p
Milotic is Hard Light 40% under Color Dodge 60%, I believe.

Anyways, both cards are pretty powerful. The first could be a never ending cycle of Energy discarding, as having an Energy in your hand isn't all that difficult with the amount of ways to recycle Energy these days. Milotic is also pretty powerful, firstly because Pure Water is generally an attack that requires a coin flip, and secondly because bringing any form of Stage 2 to play without evolving (or even setting up to 5 Basics) is a very powerful effect - with only Maxie/Archie and a Cradilly doing that, both requiring a lot of setup/deck dedication to play in comparison to Milotic.
Dimension Dust doesn't look all that powerful to me––each turn, you can discard an Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon at the cost of an Energy from your hand, but you can't discard from the Bench, so they can power up whatever they want on the Bench without fear of being Dimension Dusted. I suppose there is Lysandre, but that's only one Energy gone before they Switch out again. Plus it's not like you're doing damage with Dimension Dust.

Pure Water's like the attack Clear Water on Milotic DRX, only not nearly as good, and it suffers from the same issues. Your opponent can N/Judge/Red Card away whatever card you take before you get to use it.
As for Tide Pool, I agree that it's pretty powerful, but then again it's on an Evolved Pokémon, so it might be rather hard to set up. Plus tgk wanted a Playground effect because Pichu, so there's that as well. :p

Perhaps simply flipping a coin, and then choosing any Pokémon from your deck (evolved or otherwise)? That's the best fix I can come up with. Let me know if you have a better one. :)

Flipping a coin would probably work for the Milotic. Otherwise, any form of consistent energy denial is very powerful. You can combine it with things like Xerosic and Lysandre to run your opponent dry of Energy, and you could ever run something like Vileplume to prevent any items to be played to get back your opponent's Energy (while your hand is full of them thanks to Fisherman).

EDIT: TGK just informed me that Milotic DRE had a triple Computer Search, so it sounds like I've just got paranoia! xD

Last edited:
Couple of Basics, a Holo, and a revised Milotic.

Ob27IFu.png

noSFjaw.png
ooqQ2aJ.png
F9wjsm2.png

Credit to @thegrovylekid for the text of Litleo and Absol. ^.^

Riolu, Litleo and Absol are great!
But isn't it Special Energy cards instead of just Special Energy? (Talking about Riolu here.)

But isn't it Special Energy cards instead of just Special Energy? (Talking about Riolu here.)
'Special Energy' is used when the Energy in question is attached to a Pokémon. 'Special Energy card' is used when the Energy is in your deck, in your discard pile, in your hand, or fallen off the table and no one noticed. ;)

Last edited:
Mawile.png
FTR, the above is the product of one of TGK's spoilers pre-attack-naming and my own terrible sense of humor. :p ~Jabberwock

Wow. It's really been a while. Sorry. >.>

I wanted the next update to be a UR, which basically meant I needed a render. Then TGK reminded me that I didn't necessarily need it to be a render, exactly, since a lot of EX's these days seem to be not-quite-3D (Rayquaza-EX ROS (Colorless), Hoopa-EX AOR). So I went for one of All0412's brilliant art pieces, and Photoshopped it around a bit until it looked close to EX art.

Mega text is annoying. ;~;

BTcW1Zw.png

Thanks again to @aschefield101 for the blank. Text by me this time.

Tried to condense this down from asche's notes on the subject. I think someday I should write up an official tutorial, tbh.
  • The text should be in Meiryo – Bold. Warp the text however you like using whatever is available to you in your program of choice. Duplicate the layer; hide the original. (This is so you can change the original if you don't like whatever you come up with. A checkpoint of sorts.)
  • Rasterize the text. Continue warping if needed.
  • Duplicate this new layer twice, so there are three identical layers. Overlay the bottom layer with a gold/yellow color, the middle one with an orange color, and the top with a red/orange color.
  • Use the Lasso Tool (feather set to about 20 px) to cut out the bits you don't want, so there appears to be a smooth gradient from one layer to the next.
  • Then create 3 new empty layers, 1 above each of the 3 colors, then for each color layer click the empty one first, then ctrl + click the one below, first example is the yellow one. Then ctrl + E to merge both layers. Doing this means it will retain its yellow overlay colour, without it all turning red. If you merged let's say orange and yellow, whichever layer is at the top, both become that. So by adding in empty ones the colors stay as they are and all 3 become the 1 layer.
  • Duplicate the new tri-color layer. It needs to be moved southwest or northwest, depending on the image. Just do 1 px up and 1 px left, for example, and then repeat that ten to fifteen times. By the end, you should have some semblance of the 3D text. There might be a bit of unevenness in the edges; you can Smart Blur that or something to even it out if you need to.
  • Merge all layers except the top one.
  • The layer needs a bevel adding of a thickish white line, this is your glinting/shiny white line bit. Trial and error for it, make sure to look at real cards to see thickness.
  • After that its up to you with textures and trying to make it seem glass-like and such.
Hopefully that all makes sense. :p I do them a bit differently than how asche does; the above tutorial was originally written by asche, and adapted by me. Hope it helps. :)

Took me entirely too long to find decent Noivern art, but at long last, I have found it! :D

Thanks to @bbninjas for balancing and aesthetics checks!

Ppxd7WD.png

[12:31:11 PM] Cris - bbninjas: And the weak/resist bars +all the text need to be in front of the wind effect
[12:31:16 PM] Cris - bbninjas: As oppose to behind it
[12:31:32 PM] Jabberwock: yeah, was going to fix that during holosheeting

D:

Nah, it's really nice! Great work here. ^.^

[12:31:11 PM] Cris - bbninjas: And the weak/resist bars +all the text need to be in front of the wind effect
[12:31:16 PM] Cris - bbninjas: As oppose to behind it
[12:31:32 PM] Jabberwock: yeah, was going to fix that during holosheeting

D:

Nah, it's really nice! Great work here. ^.^
But ... they are in front of the wind! D:

Does it really look as if they're behind it? Think it might just be because the wind is nearly white itself. Not sure how to make it look different. :/

Thanks! ^.^

Back