Discussion Is Giratina EX (AOR) a viable tech in M Sceptile decks?

Freezerbern

Aspiring Trainer
Is Giratine EX a viable tech in M Sceptile EX decks? I've done some play testing with it, but it just seems awkward. I was wondering what other people thought about it. I've been using 2 Double Dragon Energy and 1 Giratina.

Last edited:
By using the word "for," do you mean against M Sceptile, or in a M Sceptile deck? If you mean to play it against it, I personally don't think so. That is due to M Sceptile-EX having theta stop, which gets around Girantina's ability.

By using the word "for," do you mean against M Sceptile, or in a M Sceptile deck? If you mean to play it against it, I personally don't think so. That is due to M Sceptile-EX having theta stop, which gets around Girantina's ability.
The Theta Trait Stop don't go around defending pokemon's abilities, such as Safeguard and Renegade Pulse. It just can not be affected by other pokes abilities such Shiftry's Giant Fan or Hypno's Good Night, Babies.

I consider this a very viable tech, I used to play 2 Giratina-EX (AOR) with 3 DDE in my M Manectric Deck in Standard and worked very well agaist NM/Vespiquen besides Mega Decks or Manectric/Bats.

The Theta Trait Stop don't go around defending pokemon's abilities, such as Safeguard and Renegade Pulse. It just can not be affected by other pokes abilities such Shiftry's Giant Fan or Hypno's Good Night, Babies.

I consider this a very viable tech, I used to play 2 Giratina-EX (AOR) with 3 DDE in my M Manectric Deck in Standard and worked very well agaist NM/Vespiquen besides Mega Decks or Manectric/Bats.
Yeahhhh, I misread Renegade Pulse when I looked at it. You're right.

Back