Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

Buyo

Aspiring Trainer
Ooh! I love this artwork! This looks like a new artist too, I don't recognize the name.

Without some good non-water non-fighting fossils, this card is kinda useless though. Cradily is the only one that doesnt have Maxie, Archie, or Fossil Researcher to help get it in play, and the Stage 2's in a Cradily deck would probably get in the way of Archie-ing out the Omastar in the first place. (Not to mention they probably aren't taking Expanded into consideration. ) I doubt they'd print something like this without somethin else to go with it in the set though.

I hope there's a fighting type Kabutops! Fighting would be nice flavor too, as it's the offensive one of the pair and it'd be able to use Strong Energy, etc. (As opposed to water's defensive theme) Maybe it'd be a strong attacker where using Omastar to stream Kabuto would be more reliable than Dome Fossil?

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
The art looks post-apocalyptic... First card I've seen depicting such a concept... :eek:
It's the concept of the entire set: "Fates Collide", the urbanized world is now fused together with the natural world. It follows the concept of the earlier sets (BREAKthrough and BREAKpoint).

Darkpoison64

Aspiring Trainer
maybe we might see omastar getting out amura's but other then that I do not see this card very playable with the current restored pokemon in standard the other being tyrunt. love the artwork though it reminds me of the underwater lost city :)

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
I really like this! Restored Pokemon just don't get enough love and, while this may still be a big setup, hopefully it could make for a fun deck.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Praise Helix!!

Or not. Overall this Omastar is not really worthy of Lord Helix status. I appreciate and actually like all the suggestions above for things it combos with, but tbh it's not worth it to get out what is basically a stage 2 with an un-searchable basic form (except by Skyla, which uses your supporter). I mean streaming Tyrunts is admirable (Tyrantrum is probably the best restored Pokémon we've ever gotten, competing with Archeops) but realize you have to get Omastar out first... and even then you only get one per turn (unlike, say, Lifesplosion).

Granted, if it has amazing synergy with Kabutops, gets its own fossil support (like Fossil Researcher, a fossil stadium, fossil energy or items, or if Helix fossil is as amazing as "put this card down onto your bench then put Omanyte from your deck directly on top of it") then maybe it will work. I'm a proponent of "every card should be viable at least for fun" so my fingers are crossed for our friend Helix!

PS: Love the art too!

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
I'm kinda new to pokemon, but isn't there a new fossil pokemon each game? So if not a good restored pokemon this set, maybe in one of the newer sets the new fossil pokemon (if any) will be pretty good
(please!) if nothing new, the araura, or however you say that thing, could be nice in big blue. I don't think that they would release a pokemon like this without a good fossil pokemon in this set

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
hey I was right in my guess we'd get some fossil love in this set. as for the card can be archie'd out and used to auto get restored poke not bad, hp and attack aren't very good but hopefully we get some other good fossils in the set Kabutops is almost guaranteed as it hasn't been printed under the new fossil rules yet like Omaster here, Aerodactyl has a good chance of showing too cause we got its ex/mega as promos and fossil version is back from dark explorers and the 3 are sort of a set.

Nyora

A Cat
WPM, to answer the question you started this with, he's in a post-apoctuyliptic world where idiots have killed eachother because they discovered their world.

Wow. In expanded this could be used to set up archaeops without a plume fossil!
No, Archeops is a stage 1 Pokemon. Arcen is restored

Last edited by a moderator:

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, hey, Restored Pokemon are still a thing. Maybe there IS hope of Restored Anorith afterall. (And Kabuto, Shieldon and Cranidos, but Anorith's partner, Lileep, already had one, so it bugged me more.)

This thing by itself doesn't mean much. But the fact we're getting a card that supports Restored Pokemon means TPCi is supporting Restored Pokemon, which is nice to know.