Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Well, subjective. There isn't anything wrong with the current draw, it's just slower than the previous format, but reprinting a card like N and thus putting the same draw effect in a format that is supposed to be fresh and different is just making the Standard format more and more the same as Expanded. Garbodor, Skyla, N, Float Stone, a "Rush In" effect, Darkrai-EX as Manaphy-EX, Virizion-EX as Palkia-EX, Blastoise as Magnezone, Flareon as Vespiquen, Mr Mime and the like all were prominent cards that helped defined the past BW eras.

My issue with N is because a) I don't feel like Standard is fresh anymore and b) N has nothing to do with XY.
I agree that this format won't have its own identity (except Toad) but I personally feel N is a well-balanced card

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
>TPCI gives us Grumpig to hurt Night March
>TPCI gives us Mew to help Night March
> TPCI gives us Mandibuzz to hurt Mew

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Erm, that's very funny TCPi. But hey, I'm not disappointed that they *finally* gave us a Pokemon that can punish the overload of Ability Pokemon aside from just turning them off! It can even snipe Shaymin for a Knock Out with Jolteon.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I like how the artwork shows the two worlds are now merged as hinted by the English set name. The buildings are all mixed up with the trees. Plus, the card uses a flying pokémon to give an aerial view of the world, just like they used Noctowl and Staraptor before to show the differences between both worlds. The card has a different illustrator though...

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Put in a wide lens or some protection item, and this and its break could be a good sniping Pokemon. Both need just one colorless, so there's some versatility there in deck building, too. The great question, as always with breaks, is whether it's worth trying to get them out in a competitive scene... But it will be fun to test this one out!

cHoViiRuuS

Aspiring Trainer
This is surprisingly very good !!!, can actually KO Shaymin or Garbo is 2 hits, i'm loving this aside from the fact that they're giving some unpopular pokemon some love !!

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Now there's hype for this card, but when it will be available, nobody will play it. Too weak and situational.

Oshawottstarter

Aspiring Trainer
Mandibuzz doesn't look too useful to me. All it can do is target Mew. Maybe if you were to run it with Eeveelutions, it could be a really fun deck? I don't know.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
This and the Break are incredibly situational - this card less so, though. Probably too much of a risk to focus a deck around them, but maybe it'll come in handy as a 2-2-2 line someday?

DireOwlbear

Aspiring Trainer
Do people actually think grumpig is going to be played? LOL.

But i do see some potential in this card with jolteon better than most useless collection fodder that gets printed.

Mewtwo4333

Aspiring Trainer
I just got back from the toysrus event. The line went from the front of the store and went all the way back. I was able to get the 2 cards and the generations binder but they were out of posters.

Nyora

A Cat
Hmm. Yeah I agree with it partnering with Jolteon AOR and Wide Lens, but this can snipe Yveltal EX too. I might play this with Mandi BREAK and bats, possibly Bat BREAK depending on what it does. Now all they need is a muscle band like thing to hit the bench.

Darkpoison64

Aspiring Trainer
The Pokemon Company really, really, really loves the BW era to an unhealthy degree. First Garbotoxin and now N... (not to mention Skyla, but I give her a pass.)

N's effect should've been "If you play this card, your Standard match becomes Expanded."
might as well reprint computer search, dark patch, hypnotoxic lazor and virbank city gym along with lysandre's trump card