'Pokemon Sun' and 'Pokemon Moon' Trademarks Filed!

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
few speculations

You all know how there's a Zygarde Cell with a blue chest and one with a red chest?
I've seen some people pick up on this, and I have a theory which kind of relates to that (and links back to what some people were speculating when all the Zygarde formes were revealed).
Basically it's that there could be 2 Zygarde 75% forms, one red and one blue - one which is there to rival Xerneas and one to rival Yveltal. (with each form getting Thousand Waves or Thousand Arrows, respectively) As expected, Zygarde 75% Blue is mascot for one game (probably Moon) and Zygarde 75% Red goes to the other (probably Sun).
Another thing which I think is unlikely (since it happened in BW2) but still would be cool/interesting to see is that the 2 proposed 75% Zygardes aren't pure Zygardes... they're Zygarde+Xerneas and Zygarde+Yveltal.

Everyone's saying 'oh what will the mascots be / what types will they be etc...' well what if we already know them? what if they've already been revealed to us before we knew about the games? I think that, although it seems unlikely, Volcanion and Magearna may have a chance to be the mascot legendaries. It does pull up the issue of Volcanion already existing in X/Y/ORAS whereas we have no idea when Magearna will be available, which leads me to believe more that we could be getting gen 6.5. (actually now I've written that down and gathered all my thoughts about it it makes it seem a lot more unlikely and improbable to happen)

All in all, even if it is a 'new generation', I can't see them ditching Kalos/Zygarde/Floette Eternal/AZOTH/all the other stuff they've hinted towards. My assumption would probably be that it would either be set in Kalos again (but ala BW2 Unova there are new/improved cities and routes) or if it is a new region, it's situated close to Kalos with lots of Kalos Pokemon/lore/characters popping up throughout the game. (and to be honest, personally I'd rather not see 2 regions in the same game)
The 'Flowers' comment Masuda made when asked about the future of Pokemon makes me think that Floette Eternal is gonna have some sort of important starring role in these games. Whether its a prominent ingame mon or an actual version mascot idk

Craig Collier

Aspiring Trainer
Hopefully that means (for me atleast) generation is 6 done and dusted. I can only pick a few pokemon I like in this gen, and I'm not a big fan of mega evolutions either.

If there wasn't a heart gold and soul silver out already I would've guess that these two new titles would've refered to Ho-oH and Lugia.
what makes you so sure that 7th gen is the end of Megas?

Mitja

veteran smartass
Love the logos designs!

They pretty much confirm generation 7, as expected. Now if only they would also somehow show a relation to the "Z-hype" to confirm that they're at the same time still tying up the plot from XY and Zygarde, eh?

Well, they do, indirectly. The actual logos just so happen to be light blue and orange, the "other two" colours on Perfect Zygardes chest.

moonsunZ.png

(also, the SUNdial from Anistar is in front of Zygarde on that poster)

Can't wait for that Direct. Could even reveal a second pair of mascot-legends related to Zygarde already (unless the mascots are the Megas of Charizard xDDDD /jk).

Highly doubt it's Gen 7 related. We haven't seen Volcanion nor the Zygarde forms in-game yet. Tradition goes that all mythical Pokemon are released in their respective generations before the next generation is revealed. Seems like a potential sequel to XY, ala Black and White 2.

They could be trying something new though. XY didn't introduce a lot of new Pokemon, and obviously Magearna doesn't exist in the game files of XY/ORAS. Perhaps a Gen 6.5 kind of thing?

Or it's all just a ruse.

Guys. Gold and Silver already did what you aren't expecting.

These WILL BE sequels to XY, it's just that they're also the main games of Generation 7.

GS were sequels to gen1.
Someone mentioned "patterns". They're not breaking any sacred patterns, they're just, as always, improving the formula.

Last edited:

professorlight

Ice Queen
Someone mentioned "patterns". They're not breaking any sacred patterns, they're just, as always, improving the formula.

You know, except when it's about keeping beloved mechanics like following pokemon or customizable trainers; then, the patterns are sacred.

But then, I suppose I should wait until these games' announcement; if the logos are any indication, I'm going to adore these two as much as I do XY.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
You know, except when it's about keeping beloved mechanics like following pokemon or customizable trainers; then, the patterns are sacred.

But then, I suppose I should wait until these games' announcement; if the logos are any indication, I'm going to adore these two as much as I do XY.
If they're in Kalos, we get customization back, right?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
@Mitja I meant to bring this up, but yes, the color scheme does seem to imply a connection to Zygarde. Perhaps Zygarde is not just the third mascot for 6th gen, but 7th gen as well. After all, Zygarde has a distinct connection to the earth (it's Ground type and monitors the environment), and earth would be a good third element to the sun/moon theme.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It has been a long time since the last mega was announced, I'm just going by that.

It's been a long time since the last mega was announced because it's been a long time since the last game. They're not going to introduce a new Mega without a game to catch it in. Sun/Moon's reveal means they can end that drought.

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
Been calling this since Zygarde was crammed into the anime. No Z, Gen 7 instead. Really hope this turns out to be legit. It seems to be, but there is always the chance we are being completely trolled.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
It's been a long time since the last mega was announced because it's been a long time since the last game. They're not going to introduce a new Mega without a game to catch it in. Sun/Moon's reveal means they can end that drought.

Interesting. I didn't know they introduce them like that and I don't play the games anymore. Anyway lets wait and see.

Unyubaby

Birb of Prey
This isn't the first time Nintendo has copyrighted a version name and never used it. So until it's actually revealed by the actual people, I won't believe it.

R.I.P Pokemon Brown and Pokemon Amethyst.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
This isn't the first time Nintendo has copyrighted a version name and never used it. So until it's actually revealed by the actual people, I won't believe it.

R.I.P Pokemon Brown and Pokemon Amethyst.
And Gray, and WaterBlue. And Delta Emerald.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

It's more than just a copyrighted name though. We also have a logo and site trademarks that redirect to Pokemon.com. So there's plenty of evidence that this is real. It just hasn't been officially announced yet.

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer
moonsunZ.png

(also, the SUNdial from Anistar is in front of Zygarde on that poster)

As noted by some folks on Reddit, an NPC in XY also says something about 'moondials' existing as well.

I'd be really happy if we get some sort of B2/W2 sequel games for XY, especially when there's so much of Kalos that is landlocked and unreachable in XY. Just look at the map and tell me there isn't more for us to explore:
super__large_kalos_map.jpg

You can even see some grassy biomes in the bottom right corner there...

I just really want more special Team Flare TCG cards okay!

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
And what about 8th gen? Are we going to have to wait until 2019 for the first NX game and have another situation with 3ds games showing up when the console's already dead?
First off, who ever said the nx is gonna be a handheld? With the new 3ds' power exceeding beyond twice of the original 3ds, I don't think it will die soon, also, Pokemon black and white came out for the ds when the 3ds released shortly after. A lot of what you say throws me off. These logos are 100% confirmed as they were uploaded by Nintendo. As for the rest of Kalos, let them pull a gen 2 on us again.

I always knew 7th gen was coming for many reasons so I am not surprised at all but I certainly am hyped because I nearly quit Pokemon during xy because of how bad they were.

I even made a tread about 7th gen being next for Pokemon but nobody thought it would happen and were expecting Z (even though Masuda deconfirmed it in an interview)

I was right all along, why would they rush Zygarde in the anime if Z would be coming next? Pokemon the series xyz is the main point of XY, then we will get fillers with SM pokemon

Tensho

Aspiring Trainer
People, please stop making the color connection. Ruby and Sapphire are red and blue too and they have no connection to Zygarde. Personally, I think gen VI had gone on long enough with the amount of Pokemon it introduced. I'm so glad GF has decided to introduce new games (new gen waiting to be confirmed). I kind of did not like gen IV because GF had managed to stall 4 years with the low amount of new Pokemon before they gave us gen V.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
*Takes a few very deep breaths*

I, like many of you, am extremely hyped, and for many many many reasons.

I don't have time to go into things because I have major exams tomorrow and Saturday, so just going to try to add to the discussion some things I don't think were touched upon and then attempt to quit the internet to try and not fail important life-deciding exams.

One thing I just wanted to say is that the Red/Blue colour schemes are pretty darn ubiquitous in Pokemon (side note: "ubiquitous" means "common" -- impress your friends by using words from OVERGRO's posts!). Everything is red and blue. Think Ruby and Sapphire. X was blue and Y was red. Heck, even Diamond was blue-ish and Pearl was red-ish. The Zygarde cores are red and blue because Zygarde complete is red and blue, and that is because X/Y Xerneas and Yveltal are red and blue! I wouldn't read too much into the colour.

Unorthodox things that might happen:
> Wii U connectivity
> New 3DS (N3DS) exclusive features

My hope:
> Sun/Moon are like Gold/Silver; super-enhanced new-region new-Pokemon "sequels" to X and Y. I don't know how much I care for finishing Kalos vs. a brand new region... but I would really love both!!
> However, with the 20th anniversary, it just seems like the "right" thing to start a brand new region from scratch, and perhaps make it reminiscent of the original R/B/Y to capitalize (read: make $$$$$$) on the nostalgia that #Pokemon20 is working so hard (read: spending so much $$$$$$) to generate.
> Sorry to say, folks, but Pokemon is a brand built by a corporation before anything else!

Edit: I'm back, and going to fail exams. Just wanted to mention that this time perhaps more than ever there are aspects crying out for a "third game" or "sequel" to XY. From Zygarde formes to Volcanion; Thousand Waves / Arrows, Eternal Floette, AZOTH and more, it just feels like there's too much piled up for them to just sweep it all under the rug and pretend it doesn't need to be addressed. That being said, for reasons mentioned above I almost wouldn't be surprised if they did in fact do just that... especially with Magearna staring us in the face.

I know some people felt this way about N and his story or whatever, and some things in D/P, but this year it's not even just about story -- it's about actual coding in addition to that.

So yeah... the more I think about it, the more I feel like Sun/Moon are to X/Y as G/S was to R/B/G. At least, that is what they should be. That would incorporate Magearna and Zygarde formes (neither of which are coded into XY/ORAS, patches notwithstanding), all the other "loose threads", and give us a set of new games, all at once! Who knows -- we might even get a graphics update!

Last edited: