'Pokemon Sun' and 'Pokemon Moon' Trademarks Filed!

I absolutely love the names and the logos! I'm already on Team Moon and my husband is Team Sun, and we don't even know what they are yet. :p
> Athena
> Moon

Yeah, I see what you did there, intentionally or not :p

It's likely that these leaks are real, which is neat I guess? Not the biggest fan of the names and logos, and that's all we have to judge the games off so far. I feel like the names imply a bad story, much like all the other ones in the series. "Team <insert relevant name here> is going to use the sun's/moon's energy which is stored in <insert Pokémon or Key Item here> to take over the world!! *maniacal laughing*"

I'm just hoping these are games and not a TCG thing. I understand it would be cool for the TCG players, but I'm missing the says when I had an uncompleted main series Pokemon game. :(

New prediction completely different than my old one.

Pokémon Sun & Moon are the new Kalos games. Gen 6.5, essentially.

In Pokémon Sun, Team Flare will have the blue zygarde core but must find the red one. vice-versa for Pokémon Moon. After both are obtained, they use power from an eclipse (so both sun and moon are present) to force the two cores into their perfect form.

On another note: sun = red, moon = blue. Nicely done, returning to a red and blue theme during their 20th year.

I hope this ends the ex era for Tcg because they are obviously running out of ideas and are going to ruin it... I hope these games have the thing where Pokemon walk behind you... That would be great

Sorry to disappoint but if megas stay in the card game than so will EX's, they won't be going anywhere. In fact I wouldn't expect them to go away even if megas did for whatever reason.

Also a new idea here, these are the sequels to X and Y and lead us into Xerneas with the sun mega/primal form and Yveltal with the moon mega/primal form. The theme colors would match the theme colors of X (Xerneas) and Y (Yveltal) respectively. Doesn't mean it will happen as I think a third game should revolve around Zygarde, but just throwing it out there.

Sun/moon=space
Fall 2016: Sun and Moon release, with team Galactic as the villains wanting to make a new world, harnessing the power of the sun and Moon.
Fall 2017: Sinnoh Remakes: Having failed to create a new world with the help of the sun/Moon, Cyrus and Team Galactic decide to travel to Sinnoh to capture Dialga/Palkia and use its power to create a new world.

Sinnoh Confirmed

This is so exciting! I really hope that this time there will be news regarding new main series games. They have trolled us long enough. Anyway, there might be an extra villainous team that will serve as the opposite of team flare (something like team aqua and team magma).

Perhaps Team Dim Sun comes out from the Ranger Games and wants to dim the sun, and Team Flare is all for the sun. Team Flare has Volcanion, but Team Dim Sun has Magearna which is how they made the Gigaremo Units they had.

I think that someone like solrock and lunatone are going to play a bigger role in the game, possibly evolutions or maybe even mega evolutions! Or they might make a similar pokemon that is legendary that is somehow going to be related to solrock and/or lunatone

If this is just an advertisement for a new Mega Solrock and Mega Lunatone, my hope for this series will be completely gone.

Well no, it would be a new game, but i just feel like some sun and moon related pokemon might be involved in this(such as lunatone or solrock) i'm not saying that the game will be completley revolved around them.

But these also aren't the only sun and moon based pokemon, Think about volcarona its a pokemon also based off the sun. Also, is it just me or does magearna kinda look like it has something to do with light?(#pokemonsun)

Sun = Red - Moon = Blue
Xerneas = Blue - Yveltal = Red
Zygarde core 1 = Red - Zygarde core 2 = Blue
Volcanion is Fire = Red - Water = Blue
Magearna chest = Blue/Red

Any other

I think its totally a SEQUEL

I saw something like these names on a wiki before hand while searching out new Pokemon games...I'm going to stay skeptical until I see undeniably that these two are legit but seriously....The sun and the moon are out at the same time quite often...Anyway what would be the legendaries? A beefed up Solrock and Lunatone? Pfft...Wouldn't be bad for them to evolve one way or another...Maybe Mega Flygon? Anyway...I'm still skeptical and wont get my hopes up til tomorrow, though I'm still shooting for five minutes of Lopunny on the direct.

Although its unlikely if this is a new main series game I'm praying for a Poison type side legendary, there's never been one (that I can think of) and it would be great to help balance out some of the OP fairies in the competitive game.

It's not the first time the mascots have reused themes and inspirations from previous Pokemon. For instance, we had Celebi which was a time traveling Pokemon before we got Dialga who was also related to time. I think other sun/moon Pokemon like Lunatone, Solrock, Cresselia, and Darkrai may get minor references, maybe new Megas and/or version exclusivity, but they won't be the focus of this game.

This is definitely legit. I've done some digging and according do this Dutch site Nintendo has registered several Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, all of which currently redirect to the official Pokémon website. Colour me hyped!

What will it be? Will Sun and Moon be the third versions in the spirit of Emerald and B2/W2, or are we looking at an entirely new generation altogether? The fact that they still haven't done anything with Volcanion or the Zygarde formes in-game yet suggests the former, although the announcement of Magearna suggests the latter. Perhaps it will be a Gen 7 game that's (partially) set in Kalos, kinda like how GSC were direct sequels to RBG? Or perhaps we should take Magearna out of the equation. They've pulled that trick before, remember? Munchlax was announced as the first Gen 4 Pokémon, while Emerald was still several months from being released in Japan. Honestly, I don't know, but I can't wait to find out!

Back