Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Well, Forretress spam is now a thing. I'm gonna have some fun with this...

Mandibuzz Break is also interesting. I think the effectiveness of the card will depend on A. what normal Mandibuzz can do and B. how popular Garbodor ends up becoming.

That art is also really creepy. Is it grinning at me ?!

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
LOL Grumpig's first attack. It's all over for Nightmarch, if you're able to keep doing that to your opponent's Joltiks. IT'S ALL OGRE NOW!

Nyora

A Cat
And with this hate, m friend still plays night March! he's says he's got a trick up his sleeve.

OOOOOHHH!! I just realized! bats with Mandibuzz break! Pretty cool combo! And unless they got another tool for Garbodor! You can use bats!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
Lucario... A stage 1 that does 50 damage for 1 Energy.
I remember Dugtrio doing something along the same lines, but was better due to the modification damage and weakness

asdjklghty

-------------
Maybe MAYBE Burn was not included into the Stadium not because they want to erase the condition from the game, but BUT instead, because we're getting a super amazing OP burn card, and they want it to be superior to all the other conditions. That's possible, right guys? Right....?
I also think it would be odd for one side of the stadium to have 1 more condition than the other.

Why is the Garchomp so bad? Tyrantrum showed promos don't have to be trash. Hyper Beam should do 150 damage since it costs 4 energy. Come on.

Mandibuzz BREAK looks alright. Discarding all tools could set anyone including Entei back a turn. Eco Arm might have more use now outside of Entei.

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
There are spoons everywhere on the artworks of the cards! Oh, behind Lucario! This brings up the hype doesn't it? :p

poke4trade

Raising Ash
So the Devolution Spray is reprinted... Maybe this will be a great way to bring Forretress back into the forefront for spread damage in standard!

Devolution spray? Gosh...say bye, bye energy. Along with Crobat, Milotic and Crawdawnt get a big boost too.

I'm going to crack up when Fortress and M Gallade take all the golbats + AlaKazam on round 2 turn 1 because of devolution spray. Without Night March, M Gallade will be a fun casual play deck.

redsky22

Aspiring Trainer
C'mon guys, Grumpig is absolutely irrelevant. We can just either not discard Joltik, or no one is going to play the deck. You guys are complaining about Grumpig, but no one plays Mega Latios with Target Whistle, which would R.I.P. Shaymin related decks. And Devolution Spray wasn't a problem in expanded, so why would it be a problem in standard?
My two cents- Garchomp will be our prerelease promo, calling it now. Look at how similar the style between this and Tornadus-EX were.

Just saying Devolution Spray was a problem in expanded why do you think shiftry got banned.

LostSalamence

LOST: The End
That Lucario and Grumpig do have some really awesome artworkstories. Just look at that evil M Alakazam and the Exploud soundboxes. Love them!

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Don't get too excited about Alakazam/Bats/Devolution Spray. It would rely on abilities way too much, and ability block is still a thing. Garbodor and Hex Maniac are still popular in both expanded and standard. Greninja from Breakpoint would also be troublesome.

If ability block didn't exist this deck would surely be very powerful. if not OP.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Devolution spray? Gosh...say bye, bye energy. Along with Crobat, Milotic and Crawdawnt get a big boost too.

I'm going to crack up when Fortress and M Gallade take all the golbats + AlaKazam on round 2 turn 1 because of devolution spray. Without Night March, M Gallade will be a fun casual play deck.

Not to mention the Forest of Giant Plants to negate the no-re-evolution effect that would have been evident if it wasn't present... Here comes XY Diggersby to get the two needed Puzzles of Time needed to KO Night March w/ infinite Devolution Spray(as long as it keeps drawing the 2 puzzles of time from the discard per first attack text) w/ its pickup when combined with AZs, infinite forretress ability activations(or, more realistically, three ability activations per turn, enough to KO Joltiks w/o FFB), and last but not least, any pokemon that can use an attack that adds three damage counters to every pokemon that was put in play by foe... RIP NM...

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Not to mention the Forest of Giant Plants to negate the no-re-evolution effect that would have been evident if it wasn't present... Here comes XY Diggersby to get the two needed Puzzles of Time needed to KO Night March w/ infinite Devolution Spray(as long as it keeps drawing the 2 puzzles of time from the discard per first attack text) w/ its pickup when combined with AZs, infinite forretress ability activations(or, more realistically, three ability activations per turn, enough to KO Joltiks w/o FFB), and last but not least, any pokemon that can use an attack that adds three damage counters to every pokemon that was put in play by foe... RIP NM...

Hahaha... I forgot about FGP...You have potential of knocking out a combe, and as you said Joltiks/Freebas on turn one. I wonder if players will start using the new Hoopa or Bunleby to ensure time puzzle for devolution on next turn. Or they could use the new Mewistic Ex to move around damage counters. Wow lots of option on on multiple turn one knockouts in standard.

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
I want to note that the text on the de-evolution spray states that you can't evolve that (same) Pokémon on the same turn you use the spray (though you could put the evolution you remove onto another 'mon). Some of the exciting strategies I've been reading don't seem to take that into account. Unless I have missed something, of course.

redsky22

Aspiring Trainer
I want to note that the text on the de-evolution spray states that you can't evolve that (same) Pokémon on the same turn you use the spray (though you could put the evolution you remove onto another 'mon). Some of the exciting strategies I've been reading don't seem to take that into account. Unless I have missed something, of course.

The one way around this is forest of giant plants you can evo it the turn it was devolved (with the stadium's effect)

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Although unlikely, I'm hoping that it means we get a FA Moltres to go with the FA Articuno and Zapdos coming in Generations.

I hope so. I know Moltres wasn't suppose to exist but at least show it some respect. Plus I'm still salty they didn't make a full art Zapdos and Moltres. I even offered to do the art for free!