Help The "Is There A Card That Does This?" Thread

Is there a card [Besides Sceptile PRC 9] that can accelerate Grass Energy?
As of BREAKThrough, including those listed by @My Little Keldeo, you've got the following, although they're not necessarily competitive:

Sableye XY Promo
Smeargle BKT + Specific Energy accelerators
Vivillon BKT
Parasect BKT
Volcarona AOR
M Sceptile-EX
Mega Turbo
Togekiss ROS
Illumise PRC
Sceptile PRC
M Manectric-EX
Flygon FFI
Landorus FFI
Milotic FLF
Wigglytuff XY
Ether

And in Expanded:

Shaymin-EX
Virizion-EX
Thundurus-EX (Team Plasma only)
Victini-EX
Magnezone PLS
Vanilluxe PLS
Delcatty BCR
Latias DRV
Manectric DRE
Beautifly DRE
Leafeon DEX
Volcarona NVI
Unfezant EPO

Is there a pokemon that says "switch your active with one of your benched pokemon and during your turn, any damage to (the defending pokemon is increased by more damage , or says your pokemon does more damage during your next turn.

note the effexthas to say in play

Is there a pokemon that says "switch your active with one of your benched pokemon and during your turn, any damage to (the defending pokemon is increased by more damage , or says your pokemon does more damage during your next turn.

note the effexthas to say in play
The only one I can think of is Yanmega (Phantom Forces 4).

Edit:
Oh, and Scizor-EX in the upcoming Breakpoint set. :)

Last edited:
Are there any cards that allow you to re-arrage the top few cards of your opponent's deck at all? I know there are a few that allows for rearranging of your own but I'm more interested in doing this to my opponent.

Also, since odds are likely there isn't something like this for Standard or Expanded, I wouldn't mind having unlimited format as an option as well.

Are there any cards that allow you to re-arrage the top few cards of your opponent's deck at all? I know there are a few that allows for rearranging of your own but I'm more interested in doing this to my opponent.

Also, since odds are likely there isn't something like this for Standard or Expanded, I wouldn't mind having unlimited format as an option as well.
There actually are a few Standard and Expanded cards. :)

In Standard:
- Gothorita (Furious Fists 40)
- Xatu (Roaring Skies 29)

In Expanded:
- Watchog (Emerging Powers 79)

And in Unlimited:
- Celebi ex (EX Unseen Forces 117)
- Absol (EX Holon Phantoms 18)
- Cresselia LV. 43 (Majestic Dawn 2)
- Chatot G LV. 49 (Supreme Victors 54)
- Slowking (HGSS 12 & Call of Legends 32)

Including those Purrloin listed, up to Expanded (there is actually quite a few in Unlimited :p):

Baltoy AT
Xatu ROS
Gothorita FuF
Trick Shovel (pseudo)
Diglett XY (pseudo)
Watchog EP

The only one I can think of is Yanmega (Phantom Forces 4).

Edit:
Oh, and Scizor-EX in the upcoming Breakpoint set. :)
ok the new umbreon ex that is coming us comong out in the next set does this

Umbreon-EX-darkness-HP-170
Basic Pokemon

(C) 20 damage: discard any number of cards from your hand. Then,draw an equal number of cards from your deck.

(D) (C) (C) End game: 70 damage. IF DAMAGE FROM THIS ATTACK KNOCKS OUT YOUR OPPONENTS ACTIVE MEGA EVOLUTION POKEMON, TAKE 2 ADDITIONAL PRIZE CARDS.

WEAK FIGHTING
RESIST- PSYCHIC -20
Retreat-1

so im trying to look for pokemon that can help Umbreon-EX do more damage with its End Game attack, i know there are pokemon that have an attack that helps Umbreon -Ex do more damage, or helps the opponents active take more damage like the new

Kricketune- grass stage one evolves from Kricktot HP90
(C) Screech: during your next turn, any damage done to the defending pokemon by attacks is increased by 60.

im sure there is a pokemon that says "switch this pokemon with one of your benched pokemon, and during your next turn, that pokemon does 60? more damage. and the attack costs one and does no damge at first. i want to say its a overlooked pokemon maybe grass or fairy.

i had to post the translations cuase that way you know why and what im looking for.

EDIT: I found the card whimisicott -grass-hp90 stage one evolves from cottonee for one colorless fluffly tag: "switch this pokemon with one of your benched pokemon. During your next turn, attacks of that pokemon do 40 more damage to the active pokemon. BCR 15,

now i just need to find other pokemon like kricktunes attqck that makes there active take more damage during the next turn and the effect is on them, so you.can switch to umbreon ex

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideally, you don't want to be putting your fully-powered main attacker up front vunerable for an incoming attack on your opponent's turn. This means Whimsicott BCR and the like are not really practical. However, there are still cards that can increase your output damage without needing to be activated by an attack, so here is a list of those:

Giovanni's Scheme
Empoleon BKT
Muscle Band
Faded Town
Forretress FLF
Laser + Virbank City Gym - Requires good maths to use, as Knocking Out your opponent through poison messes up your strategy.
PlusPower
Iris
Deoxys-EX + Plasma Badge
Aerodactyl DEX

To be fair, you really can only 1-hit KO a 220-HP Mega with Giovanni's Scheme + 4 Empoleon BKT + Muscle Band + 3 Forretress/3 PlusPower & Skyfield. Umbreon is really designed to 2-hit KO Megas (risk) for double prizes (reward), but requires some dedication to pull off.

Is there a card that lets you attach more than 1 water energy every turn or lets you search for a water energy and attach it to a pokemon? (doesn't have to be water only)

Max Elixir
Palkia-EX
Sableye XY Promo
Smeargle BKT + Specific Energy accelerators
Vivillon BKT
Parasect BKT
Volcarona AOR
Mega Turbo
Togekiss ROS
Illumise PRC
Sceptile PRC
M Manectric-EX
Flygon FFI
Landorus FFI
Milotic FLF
Wigglytuff XY
Lapras XY
Ether

And in Expanded:

Shaymin-EX
Thundurus-EX (Team Plasma only)
Victini-EX
Magnezone PLS
Vanilluxe PLS
Manaphy PLS
Delcatty BCR
Blastoise BCR
Latias DRV
Manectric DRE
Beautifly DRE
Leafeon DEX
Volcarona NVI
Unfezant EPO

@PizzaIsAwesom Also might be worth mentioning that the various Alpha Growth (Ancient Trait) Pokemon allow you to attach 2 Water energy to that Pokemon per turn, but will require something like Energy Switch or Golduck Break if you are trying to accelerate something else. Primal Kyogre's attack allows you to switch two energy to a benched Pokemon though, so he semi-helps with acceleration if you have time to charge him up.

Pokemon with Alpha Growth (all Primal Clash):
  • Swampert (#36)
  • Whiscash (#41)
  • Gorebyss (#52)
  • Kingdra (#108)
  • Primal Kyogre-EX (#55 ... the Ancient Origins reprint lacks the Growth trait)

Is there a card that allows me to heal all special conditions from my own active pokemon (or only poison)?
I would prefer it as an ability.

EDIT: Never mind, I found another solution to my problem :)

Last edited:
I don't have a complete list, but the abilities that come to mind first are those from Virizion EX and Slurpuff. Their ability requires a specific type of energy attached though. They are not ideal. The best way to clear ANY special condition is by far Rush-in and Stand-in. You only need a Keldeo EX or a Zoroark with a float stone attached and you can clear any special condition. You can switch back after using Rush-in or Stand-in. These abilities are useful in many situations, you gain great utility, making Lysandre a lesser thread.

I see you have found a solution :p Is it by any chance Keldeo or Zoroark? I'm curious.

I don't have a complete list, but the abilities that come to mind first are those from Virizion EX and Slurpuff. Their ability requires a specific type of energy attached though. They are not ideal. The best way to clear ANY special condition is by far Rush-in and Stand-in. You only need a Keldeo EX or a Zoroark with a float stone attached and you can clear any special condition. You can switch back after using Rush-in or Stand-in. These abilities are useful in many situations, you gain great utility, making Lysandre a lesser thread.

I see you have found a solution :p Is it by any chance Keldeo or Zoroark? I'm curious.

Well i was trying to make a deck on Raticate BREAK/Ariados, but i had not yet noticed the ability of the normal Raticate, which prevents all special conditions... :rolleyes:

Ideally, you don't want to be putting your fully-powered main attacker up front vunerable for an incoming attack on your opponent's turn. This means Whimsicott BCR and the like are not really practical. However, there are still cards that can increase your output damage without needing to be activated by an attack, so here is a list of those:

Giovanni's Scheme
Empoleon BKT
Muscle Band
Faded Town
Forretress FLF
Laser + Virbank City Gym - Requires good maths to use, as Knocking Out your opponent through poison messes up your strategy.
PlusPower
Iris
Deoxys-EX + Plasma Badge
Aerodactyl DEX

To be fair, you really can only 1-hit KO a 220-HP Mega with Giovanni's Scheme + 4 Empoleon BKT + Muscle Band + 3 Forretress/3 PlusPower & Skyfield. Umbreon is really designed to 2-hit KO Megas (risk) for double prizes (reward), but requires some dedication to pull off.

i guess Crobat line would not be a good option i think.

Are there any Abilitys that can attach energy from the discard pile? (in standard and expanded)
- Team Magma's Camerupt (Double Crisis 2) attaches Fire or Fighting to itself.
- Hydreigon (Phantom Forces 74) attaches Dark to Active.
- Bronzong (Phantom Forces 61) attaches Steel to Bench.
- Milotic (Flashfire 23) attaches 3 to any non-EX at the cost of a KO.
- Ho-Oh-EX (Dragons Exalted 22) can bring itself out of the discard with 3 energy.
- Eelektrik (Noble Victories 4) attaches Lightning to Bench.

Also Smeargle (BREAKthrough 123) allows you to switch an energy with one found in the discard, though he isn't an accelerator.

Back