• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Raichu / Golbat

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
Here's the deck list. I'll get to the strategy afterwards.

Pokemon: 20
  • 3 Zubat (PHF 31)
  • 3 Golbat (PHF 32)
  • 4 Deoxys (ROS 33)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX (ROS 77)
  • 4 Pikachu (XY 42)
  • 4 Raichu (XY 43)
Supporters/Trainers/Stadiums: 32
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (XY 122)
  • 2 Shauna (XY 127)
  • 2 Lysandre (FLF 104)
  • 2 Brigette (BKT 161)
  • 1 Hex Mainac (AOR 75)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (ROS 93)
  • 4 Level Ball (AOR 76)
  • 4 VS Seeker (ROS 110)
  • 2 Battle Compressor (PHF 92)
  • 1 Professor's Letter (XY 123)
  • 3 Muscle Band (XY 121)
  • 3 Faded Town (AOR 73)
Energy: 8
  • 4 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
The Strategy:

This deck is for a competitive tournament for my League next Thursday; the day my league breaks up for Christmas. So any help to make this more consistent and more powerful would be greatly appreciated. The strategy of the deck is to power up Raichu as quickly as possible with a Double Colorless Energy and a Muscle Band to attack with Circle Circuit for easy knock outs. The small Bats line is to add damage on hard to knock out Pokemon like Pokemon EX's or any other Pokemon that has more than 120 HP which is the maximum damage that Raichu's Circle Circuit can do with a full Bench with a Muscle Band attached.

Deoxys and Shaymin are in the Deck for quick set up. 4 Deoxys so you have high chance of starting with it to it's Close Encounter attack: for 1 Colorless Energy to draw 2 cards even if you are going first. And 2 Shaymin-EX for it helpful draw that can be searched out with Ultra Ball. Faded Towns are included to whittle Mega's health so they can be more easily knocked out with Raichu and the Battle Compressors are here to discard Supporters to get back with VS Seeker when we need them most.

I haven't tested this deck out much due to School being a thing and having to do Christmas cards and Christmas lists and all that jazz. But I'm really keen to get some help with this deck because I want to go competitive so please, critique away! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this post and I can't wait to hear what improvements people have for this Deck.

first of all, add crobat
I know this may sound like very basic, but it makes cards like AZ so much better.

I would-

+2 trainer's mail
+1 shaymin
+1 zubat
+1 golbat
+2 crobat
+1 AZ
+1 sacred ash
+3 skyfield

-4 deoxys
-2 bridgette
-1 psychic energy
-3 faded town
-1 professor's letter
-1 lysandre

The trainer's mail help you get everything out so much faster, and even 2 makes a worlds difference
Hope this helps!

first of all, add crobat
I know this may sound like very basic, but it makes cards like AZ so much better.

I would-

+2 trainer's mail
+1 shaymin
+1 zubat
+1 golbat
+2 crobat
+1 AZ
+1 sacred ash
+3 skyfield

-4 deoxys
-2 bridgette
-1 psychic energy
-3 faded town
-1 professor's letter
-1 lysandre

The trainer's mail help you get everything out so much faster, and even 2 makes a worlds difference
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help. I'll keep this in mind whenever I try and go back to this deck.

Back